Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool xmastime at DL.........any tips?

Going 2 DL 4 Xmas. I went 4 xmas about 5yrs ago & it was nice weather and acturly warm.
    I doublt that will be the case this yr. it seems icy cold now.
    Any tips for the Parade? I never get 2 watch them cuz i can't see.By the time i try 2 see it going by it is so crowded.
    I don't perfer waiting hours B4. Any other suggestion?
    And know of any good places 2 eat in DL that the food is good(not fastfood tasting)?

• Under that tree again!

Re: xmastime at DL.........any tips?

By 4 Xmas do you mean on the day of?

come with patience.. A LOT OF IT! for the parade, show up like 30 min - 1 hour before and just walk down the parade rote for any open spots. There's usually a few open spots in front of IASW.
    and plaza inn is pretty good.. i guess it could be "fast food" but the quality is good. if you want upscale food with the $$$ price tag, the Carthay Circle at DCA or Blue Bayou in NOS

And if you want to see the parade with vip seating, do the Holiday Tour. This tour includes padded seats for the parade. You don't have to wait a long time for the great seat.

• See Ya Real Soon!

Tip:If you write in proper English (or the American version of it) it would be easier to read your post.

Small World Holiday definitely can't be missed. Without a doubt it's the best part of the holidays to me, especially at night.

The Hungry Bear Restaurant is fast food but it always tastes pretty good when I eat there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dulcieinwonderland View Post
    Going to DL for Christmas. I went for Christmas about 5yrs ago & it was nice weather and actually warm. I doubt that will be the case this year. It seems icy cold now.

Any tips for the Parade? I never get to watch them because i can't see. By the time i try to see it going by it is so crowded. I don't prefer waiting hours before. Any other suggestion?

And know of any good places to eat in DL that the food is good(not fastfood tasting)? (post made easier to read)
    For waiting for the parade, you can usually find spots by It's a Small World. You can find spots along the way with only maybe 15 mins if you look. But don't expect to walk up where people have been waiting for hours and expect them to move for you.

As for places to eat, we really like Cafe Orleans and Carnation cafe.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneychrista View Post
    Tip:If you write in proper English (or the American version of it) it would be easier to read your post.
    Gosh what a generous spirit... I'm guessing you could figure out what the OP was asking.

As for tips about Disneyland at Christmas... waiting a while for the parade is worth the investment of your time. I think Zocalo, Cafe Orleans and for Breakfast, The Carnation Cafe are all decent food choices.

Since the park gets pretty crowded on Christmas, patience is definitely the key.

lol if u have problems understanding the OP u must be dumb
    its kinda clear what the OP is asking and yet you seem to not understand

TIP : log out

• See Ya Real Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by tellitlikeitis View Post
    lol if u have problems understanding the OP u must be dumb
    Didn't say I didn't understand it. Just don't feel like having to decode it. It does not take that much longer or more effort to type out the words to, for etc. Misspellings/mistyping we all make them.

And a tip for you: There is never a need for name calling. I didn't insult anyone or call anyone names and expect the same back.

• Hooterville, USA

Didn't say I didn't understand it. Just don't feel like having to decode it. It does not take that much longer or more effort to type out the words to, for etc. Misspellings/mistyping we all make them.

And a tip for you: There is never a need for name calling. I didn't insult anyone or call anyone names and expect the same back.
    I agree with you.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Well in defense of the OP, they may have been posting from their mobile phone and hence, the "code" persay. However, on the other hand, I always double check posts that I make from my mobile whether they be onto Facebook or wherever. I hate looking like I didn't care to put a little time into what I wanted to say.

However, as someone else said..bring lots of patience, it will be crowded.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

The key to enjoying Disneyland at Christmastime...truly enjoying it...is the same as it is at any other time of the year. It's not something in the park...it's something in YOU. The key is found in your own attitude.

To my way of thinking...first and foremost you MUST believe in the magic. Soak it in...you'll find beauty, wonder, enchantment all around you. Watch some three year old run up and hug his or her favorite character. Look at their eyes.

Watch a youngun look up at that Christmastree in absolute awe and wonder.

Listen to the sounds of Christmas...the music...the carolers.

Now, this may seem simple...but, let me tell ya, some folks come with attitudes just like Ebenezer Scrooge...even though wonderous music is playing all around them...all they hear is loud, crying kids...all they see is crowds of people...noisy...people. All they feel is the pain when that stroller hits their ankles...

You are the key to having a wonderful experience at Disneyland. Come prepared to block out anything negative and to celebrate...to savor the magic you can find here if you look.

The parade is worth getting there early to enjoy. I remember the colors, the sounds, the gasps of joy and enchantment, the anticipation...and the faces of the young ones and the old.

Some old faces haven't smiled much over the years...yet here those giggles return at the sight of Donald and Daisy in a one horse open sleigh. Tears too, sometimes...happy memories of Christmas past.

Don't look at Disneyland as a race to the rides...look at it as so much more than that. There is beauty and enchantment all around you. Find joy in the simple things...like a cup of hot chocolate and a cookie...or the enchanting moment in time when the lights come on along Main Street. Savor the smells...

Let your heart be light. Or...as Peter Pan says..."Think of the happiest things...it's the same as having wings."

To find joy and happiness here...simply open up your heart and believe in magic.

Twas Tinkerbell who once said, "You don't have to understand...just believe!"

Have a very Merry Christmas...and remember the wise words of a lady named Teresa Langdon...

"Believe as a child believes and the magic will find you."

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    Last edited by Wild Ol' Dan; 11-12-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by dulcieinwonderland View Post
    Going 2 DL 4 Xmas. I went 4 xmas about 5yrs ago & it was nice weather and acturly warm.
    I doublt that will be the case this yr. it seems icy cold now.
    Any tips for the Parade? I never get 2 watch them cuz i can't see.By the time i try 2 see it going by it is so crowded.
    I don't perfer waiting hours B4. Any other suggestion?
    And know of any good places 2 eat in DL that the food is good(not fastfood tasting)?

i can help ya out!

ok so parade, i don't like to camp out, but i got same problem i can't see as i am short, so i'd say camp out in the front for the parade if you want best view.There really is no other way then to camp out at lest 1/2 hour before parade starts..

also DL .. dont' eat there, eat in DCA or there is a mimi's across the street on harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarar44 View Post
    Small World Holiday definitely can't be missed. Without a doubt it's the best part of the holidays to me, especially at night.

The Hungry Bear Restaurant is fast food but it always tastes pretty good when I eat there.
    One of my favs!
    For the love of Disney....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast