• Sock Puppet

Buzz Lightyear E-Mail Fixes

Here are a few suggestions to fix the long-lines with the Buzz Lightyear e-mail kiosks.

1. Get more of them...

2. Limit the number of e-mail addresses it may be sent to to one or two. (People, you can forward the thing on to all of your friends once you get home)

3. Don't permit the user to enter their name or the sender's name. The e-mail address alone should be sufficient. Eliminating the reciepient's actual name would really be the best option, but you could eliminate both.

4. Simplfy the user interface so it doesn't require so many page turns.

5. Only allow those who are from the computer generation operate the kiosks. (35 and under)

I love them, but the lines are terribly slow and they permit you to send it to way too many people.

CF

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    Here are a few suggestions to fix the long-lines with the Buzz Lightyear e-mail kiosks.

1. Get more of them...

2. Limit the number of e-mail addresses it may be sent to to one or two. (People, you can forward the thing on to all of your friends once you get home)

3. Don't permit the user to enter their name or the sender's name. The e-mail address alone should be sufficient. Eliminating the reciepient's actual name would really be the best option, but you could eliminate both.

4. Simplfy the user interface so it doesn't require so many page turns.

5. Only allow those who are from the computer generation operate the kiosks. (35 and under)

I love them, but the lines are terribly slow and they permit you to send it to way too many people.

CF
    I never even got mine, the terminal sent it and poof nothing

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    I never even got mine, the terminal sent it and poof nothing
    It went to Cyperspace

• LoisAlene

CF

S'cuse me, but some of us Dinosaurs know how to operate a computer. Some of us even build them in our spare time.

Simplify and streamline the interface - and increase the number of kiosks...

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• I Hug My Tapirs

I agree. Adding names to the e-mails is cute... but unnecessary. I'm sure they could shave off quite a bit of the time required per user by skipping that. And they definitely need a couple more kiosks.

That being said, I love the idea of the system in the first place. IMHO it's a great service to guests, especially those of us who are at the parks regularly and would like photos on rides, but aren't going to plop down $15 every single time.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Rat Tat Tat.

I think the only thing they need to do is add twice as many kiosks but I don't know where they'd squeeze them. The name lets people know it isn't junkmail...I don't think it would be good to drop it. It seems to take people forever to find their picture because after waiting in the line forever their picture is nearly at the end so perhaps if they gave some ID number (like the number of the car you rode in) it would speed things up.

I think that would just add to the time because you would have guests go back and find the picture again and do everything all over again to send it to a few more people.

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

I got walked off Alice, and I was stopped in Space Mountain and had to ride the rest of the track with the lights on...I just HAD to....it was rad