Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: How could the parking be more efficient in Disneyland Resort?

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    No, I don't know for sure. I don't work at TDA and have not run the real data numbers. I just do the math on the side, using very conservative estimates, and I've disclosed that math here on various occasions. Most posters here ignore them.
    How can I ignore it if I haven't seen it? It would help to present them again if we are discussing them.

There is no way of knowing if the AP customers will return without the AP program. My feeling is Disneyland will reduce the amount of customers by a third based on Al Lutz's reports on attendance where one-third of daily customers are AP holders. These customers are derived from a pool of 1 million AP holders. They will be absorbed into a pool of regular park attendance.

The AP Program is not a "frequent purchase program." It is a one-purchase, frequent-use program. That's a big difference.
    Its not that big of a difference. The AP Program is a frequent purchase program in reverse. You pay upfront for the services that are offered later. A price guarrantee.

WAIT a minute, didn't Disney convert the AP program into a monthly subscription plan? It's almost the same idea. Based on the monthly payment, you're paying significantly less for each visit if you visit at least once a month. For the Premium Annual Pass, "Monthly Payment Option is $87.00 down, $46.84 Monthly for 12 Months"
    Exactly. Current AP People won't likely go three times a year if there weren't an AP Program. There are 15 million people in the SoCal area that go 0 times a year. Anyone trying to get them to visit just once? I'm guessing no. That's harder work. Better business (though bad for the park) to capture 1 million users (appropriate term imo) and ride their backs not unlike a monkey.
    So you agree that it is hard to milk money from regular attendance. Better to get more money from frequent park goers.

Nothing will change.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I 99% of the time walk from Mickey& friends but I think it would be awesome if they put in a slide from the top floor that hight would take you a little further
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Sock Puppet

The OP seems to have a problem with the structure being too far away from The Esplanade. I don't see a practical solution to that. The solution OP wants are all about "Get me there faster."

The trams come and are loaded as fast as logistically possible. (Slow up is often for disabled guests. I don't know how to make that process any faster.)

The guests often come at bunched times, so there might be a wait at the tram station. (More true at closing time.) Can't escape this randomness.

i am LOL-ing at this because it's funny. There really isn't anything that can be done about the parking. It is what it is. They can't move the parking structure closer to the park and they certainly can't just sling shot us to the ticket booths..

I find it super ridiculous that we are even having a beef about the parking situation. It's just the way the cookie crumbles ya'll!

• -

Getting rid of AP Program and making everyone pay at the gate will solve nearly every problem brought up on these boards. It might create new problems, but those can be addressed when they occur.
    It doesn’t need to be removed completely to solve the problem. Simply bringing it back in its original form would work: 1 level pass, no payment plan.

The OP seems to have a problem with the structure being too far away from The Esplanade. I don't see a practical solution to that.
    There doesn’t need to be a solution because it is really not that far from the esplanade. It is a short walk away if you bypass the tram. As I stated earlier, at peak times I always avoid the tram and get there faster by walking because it is so close that it takes less time to walk than to wait three trams until you get to board.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It doesn’t need to be removed completely to solve the problem. Simply bringing it back in its original form would work: 1 level pass, no payment plan.
    The payment plan is designed to extract more money than they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Did you notice how AP prices went up significantly after the payment plan was offered? It also helps to roll over some payments over 2 years for tax reporting purposes.

Disney doesn't want to solve the congestion problem by reducing attendance. They prefer to fix the congestion problem by adding more capability to handle the crowds although that hasn't happened yet.

Did you notice how the crowds gotten worse after DCA was fixed? Disneyland's attendance actually gotten better. Unfortunately, the first place that was measurably harmed was the parking situation. This is actually a good thing because they have reason to fund a new parking structure.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Did you notice how the crowds gotten worse after DCA was fixed? Disneyland's attendance actually gotten better. Unfortunately, the first place that was measurably harmed was the parking situation. This is actually a good thing because they have reason to fund a new parking structure.
    It doesn't seem anymore crowded in Disneyland now than before. I know CA Adventure's numbers have gone up, but they are mostly absorbed by the new areas as well as the wider walkways.

Parking is still as much of a problem for me now as it has always been, which is not at all. I go during all different busy times, including right after Cars Land opened as well as during the busy overlap period of Halloween party/regular park goer attendance and have never had an issue getting a spot in the lot of my choice.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

2. Keep the chatter down. A smile, take the money/card/pass, give them the daily parking ticket, and on their way.
    Thank you for pointing this out. People should save their questions or comments for the information booth or CMs inside the park. I find it irritating when people feel entitled to take forever like that at the booth when there are many other cars behind. Perhaps that can help with efficiency.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Thank you for pointing this out. People should save their questions or comments for the information booth or CMs inside the park. I find it irritating when people feel entitled to take forever like that at the booth when there are many other cars behind. Perhaps that can help with efficiency.

lol me too! not just that, but some people feel the need to do a whole run down of their day to the CM at the parking booth.. really why would they care?? they don't! just give the person your money and get on with it!

• Rock Star Minion

How can I ignore it if I haven't seen it? It would help to present them again if we are discussing them.

There is no way of knowing if the AP customers will return without the AP program. My feeling is Disneyland will reduce the amount of customers by a third based on Al Lutz's reports on attendance where one-third of daily customers are AP holders. These customers are derived from a pool of 1 million AP holders. They will be absorbed into a pool of regular park attendance.

Its not that big of a difference. The AP Program is a frequent purchase program in reverse. You pay upfront for the services that are offered later. A price guarrantee.

WAIT a minute, didn't Disney convert the AP program into a monthly subscription plan? It's almost the same idea. Based on the monthly payment, you're paying significantly less for each visit if you visit at least once a month. For the Premium Annual Pass, "Monthly Payment Option is $87.00 down, $46.84 Monthly for 12 Months"
    So you agree that it is hard to milk money from regular attendance. Better to get more money from frequent park goers.

Nothing will change.
    1 million AP holders averaging 10 visits a year (your number, and it's not difficult to believe) is 10 million visits. If the single turnstile claim is true (I have my doubts), then 22.4 million visits in 2011 is more than a third. Closer to one-half.
    1 million AP holders averaging, say $400 (wow those prices went up!) is $400 million.
    10 million guests paying $40 each is $400 million.
    Since DL is worth more than $40 each, ramp that up to, say $55. So $550 million.
    See how easy that math is.

Now, one-time guests are far more likely to buy souvenirs to remember theirr one-time visit for the year, and buy food when they're hungry. AP'ers, a smart bunch, tend not to buy souvenirs every trip (that Perry the Platypus hat will be there next time, maybe at a discount), not to buy food when they're hungry (they pack, or eat before entering, or eat after leaving). On average.

Not better. Easier. For TDA. There's a difference between a better park for guests (something I'd like to see, and I'd hope that more enthusaists would agree instead of analyzong based on their self-interest) and an easier park to operate.

I never said anything would change. Easier is preferred over better for those who make the decisions. I can't expect anyone in TDA to care, based on the past 17 years of no new E-ticket-quality attractions in DL.

---------- Post added 11-14-2012 at 03:39 PM ----------

The payment plan is designed to extract more money than they otherwise wouldn't be able to. Did you notice how AP prices went up significantly after the payment plan was offered? It also helps to roll over some payments over 2 years for tax reporting purposes.

Disney doesn't want to solve the congestion problem by reducing attendance. They prefer to fix the congestion problem by adding more capability to handle the crowds although that hasn't happened yet.

I would like to think they would rather have congestion with a few more $100 millions than their current modus operandi.
    But I already stated my opinion about those that should care more.

Do note increased attendance does not mean proportionately increased revenue. AP'ers just go more often. Raising the AP prices makes those that renew only feel the need to go even more. To get their money's worth. And I don't blame them. That's what I would do.

---------- Post added 11-14-2012 at 03:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I only pointed out because EVERY time I go, the queue doesn't go nearly as fast as it should if all cars were driven by me. A minute max.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    Ohh see I like that idea too.. or ..wait!! how about a zip line!! LOL still be considered " 1st ride of the day " lol

If this was facebook I would like this post

---------- Post added 11-14-2012 at 03:49 PM ----------

AP'ers, a smart bunch,not to buy food when they're hungry (they pack, or eat before entering, or eat after leaving). On average.
    I'm only 30ish miles away but I never bring food. I always eat in the park. Granted I tend to eat twice a day while there instead of 3 but some of meals are sooo dang big. I mean Plaza Inn ugh I have to literally stuff that 3rd piece of chicken down

Maybe I'm a dumb AP'er though heh

• Rock Star Minion

Well, two meals instead of three is being smart.
    I buy maybe one meal, carry a bunch of snacks for the in-between times. We tend to pack food, eat when we park, then pick up something on the way home. In-N-Out, for example.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    If this was facebook I would like this post

---------- Post added 11-14-2012 at 03:49 PM ----------

I'm only 30ish miles away but I never bring food. I always eat in the park. Granted I tend to eat twice a day while there instead of 3 but some of meals are sooo dang big. I mean Plaza Inn ugh I have to literally stuff that 3rd piece of chicken down

Maybe I'm a dumb AP'er though heh
    thanks....

Well, two meals instead of three is being smart.
    I buy maybe one meal, carry a bunch of snacks for the in-between times. We tend to pack food, eat when we park, then pick up something on the way home. In-N-Out, for example.

interesting...

how does this help parking again?? j/k!

• Rock Star Minion

Yeah, a little off the topic.

Covered moving sidewalks from M&F to the Esplinade.

If the original poster is talking about distance from let's say the "Death Star" (a nickname given to the M&F structure by friends when it first opened), then you could put gates that would allow you to enter the park at Critter Country.

If you're talking parking as far as making it more efficient. As someone said, keep your questions to a minimum at the gate. If there are 15 cars behind you and you are asking how to get to Main Street, you might want to wait to ask that question at the ticket booth. As far as there not being enough parking, I kind of chuckle at that, because when you show up there's about 20-25 cars leaving depending on the day. Most of the time there's probably 100 or so empty parking spots on each level as the day goes on. I will say the one thing that annoys me is people have no clue that there is a speed limit in the parking structure of 14 mph and they drive 4 mph. Mickey's not behind a post with a radar gun, pick it up people!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast