Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Ideas for making the Dl less crowded/crowd Efficient

Dynamic pricing.

Example: a one day one park ticket on a weekday in February will cost $87 and that same ticket on July 4th will cost $125.

Remove the parking benefit from Premium passholders. Still have the parking pass available but for an additional fee.

Deny all new Socal Select and Socal AP entries to the parks after 5pm.

the obvious solution is to build a 3rd park that's actually good so that people are spread out over 3 parks

Quote Originally Posted by phantasmic View Post
    the obvious solution is to build a 3rd park that's actually good so that people are spread out over 3 parks
    And that would also get more people to come to the resort... oh, wait.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan120420 View Post
    Dynamic pricing.

Example: a one day one park ticket on a weekday in February will cost $87 and that same ticket on July 4th will cost $125.

Remove the parking benefit from Premium passholders. Still have the parking pass available but for an additional fee.

Deny all new Socal Select and Socal AP entries to the parks after 5pm.
    I know many AP holders who love to unwind after a long day after work or school, and I think taking that away from them, on top of all the other days they're blocked, would be really uncool.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Minion

More people eaters. Returning a show to Fantasyland Theatre can effectively eat up several hundred people at once. Putting something new in the Magic Eye theatre will do the same. Innoventions has the same potential.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The two simplest methods are:
    1) Allow less people in
    2) Increase ride capacity
    I usually agree with you mycroft16 but this time I don't. I've seen Disneyland with 110 thousand people (NYE 2000) and remarkably it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be as the crowds seemed to be balanced between foot traffic and people waiting in lines. That being said I believe that in the present, attractions operate at a much stronger efficiency thus creating an imbalance where more people are crowding the walkways going to and from their next attraction. The thing that stands out to me the most is how evolved fastpass pulsing has become. Back in the day was agony because I'd be standing in one place for 15 minutes in the stand-by line until it finally moved 20 ft or so and now it seems like I'm moving that same distance every 2 minutes and getting on the attraction in a respectable time. Maybe NextGen will restore this balance, or maybe it will further increase efficiency thus casting many parkgoers to the streets even worse than it is now.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    7. Add more rides. Especially high capacity attractions like coaster and flumes.
    Might want to re-think this one, coasters and flume rides are some of the slowest and lowest capacity rides out there.
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• formerly very helpful

If not eliminate fireworks and Fantasmic, scale back. Create a firework show where they don't have to shut down half the park to run it. Only run Fantasmic once a night, and only a couple times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I know many AP holders who love to unwind after a long day after work or school, and I think taking that away from them, on top of all the other days they're blocked, would be really uncool.
    no one said any of these measures would be cool. But they accomplish the goal of reducing crowds. Any measure you take is going to be met with opposition from one group or another, as you take something away from them.

---------- Post added 11-13-2012 at 09:48 AM ----------

1. Increase prices across the board. Turn Disney into a privilege for the rich like skiing and golf.
    2. Increase ticket prices during high crowd times (i.e. holidays, and school breaks). Or increase ticket prices year round, but offer easy to find discounts for the slower times of the year.
    3. Add more annual pass tiers with more blackout dates (i.e. weekday select pass)
    4. Add more special ticketed events (Halloween, Christmas, Pirates & Princesses, etc.)
    5. Replace current fast pass system that causes guest to crisscross, running back and forth across the park. Need to implement an intelligent system that moves guest in an organized logical progression around and throughout the park.
    6. Add more high capacity people eater (quick load (i.e. Omnimover)) rides. And make the rider linger to keep the people off the streets that much longer. Im not for a large capacity show like Aladdin, because when the show breaks, you have a huge crowd disbursed at the same time. With an Omnimover ride you have a constant even flow of people exiting the attraction.
    7. Create a path around the north bank of the Rivers of America connecting Critter Country to Festival Arena (and/or ToonTown), eliminating the dead head in Critter Country. You would need to add one or more attractions back there to convince guest to go that way.
    8. Implement a transportation system that connects DLP with DCA eliminating the bottle neck in the esplanade for those guest park hopping.
    9. Eliminate shows that close down rides, pathways, and create bottlenecks.

I know many of the above are not popular ideas, but they help to accomplish the goal of reducing crowds.

I dont see Disney ever wanting to reduce the crowds in the park. The more people in the park equals more spent on food and merchandise.

continue the current path of providing poor quality guest service, dirty parks, broken attractions, and overall poor show quality, and guests will eventually stop coming.

Quote Originally Posted by J Audubon Woodlore View Post
    continue the current path of providing poor quality guest service, dirty parks, broken attractions, and overall poor show quality, and guests will eventually stop coming.
    Where is this poor quality service, dirty park, broken attractions, poor show quality that you speak of? Besides the over-abundance of movie tie-ins I just don't see what you are speaking of.

Quote Originally Posted by J Audubon Woodlore View Post
    If that were the case attendance would be declining, but it keeps increasing.

TDA/TDO greed has been reinforced by the numbers at the turnstiles. They can continue reduce spending or training, custodial, maintenance (pretty much everything related to show quality) and guest will keep coming and in increased volumes. Nunis and Linquist were fools they wasted money on Show and Quality. Why? The guest don't care.
    Last edited by PecosBill; 11-16-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    If that were the case attendance would be declining, but it keeps increasing.

TDA/TDO greed has been reinforced but the numbers at the turnstiles. They can continue reduce spending or training, custodial, maintenance (pretty much everything related to show quality) and guest will keep coming and in increased volumes. Nunis and Linquist were fools they wasted money on Show and Quality. Why? The guest don't care.
    I hope you were being facetious.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    no one said any of these measures would be cool. But they accomplish the goal of reducing crowds. Any measure you take is going to be met with opposition from one group or another, as you take something away from them.

---------- Post added 11-13-2012 at 09:48 AM ----------

1. Increase prices across the board. Turn Disney into a privilege for the rich like skiing and golf.
    2. Increase ticket prices during high crowd times (i.e. holidays, and school breaks). Or increase ticket prices year round, but offer easy to find discounts for the slower times of the year.
    3. Add more annual pass tiers with more blackout dates (i.e. weekday select pass)
    4. Add more special ticketed events (Halloween, Christmas, Pirates & Princesses, etc.)
    5. Replace current fast pass system that causes guest to crisscross, running back and forth across the park. Need to implement an intelligent system that moves guest in an organized logical progression around and throughout the park.
    6. Add more high capacity people eater (quick load (i.e. Omnimover)) rides. And make the rider linger to keep the people off the streets that much longer. I’m not for a large capacity show like Aladdin, because when the show breaks, you have a huge crowd disbursed at the same time. With an Omnimover ride you have a constant even flow of people exiting the attraction.
    7. Create a path around the north bank of the Rivers of America connecting Critter Country to Festival Arena (and/or ToonTown), eliminating the dead head in Critter Country. You would need to add one or more attractions back there to convince guest to go that way.
    8. Implement a transportation system that connects DLP with DCA eliminating the bottle neck in the esplanade for those guest park hopping.
    9. Eliminate shows that close down rides, pathways, and create bottlenecks.

I know many of the above are not popular ideas, but they help to accomplish the goal of reducing crowds.

I don’t see Disney ever wanting to reduce the crowds in the park. The more people in the park equals more spent on food and merchandise.
    I definately agree with number 9!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I hope you were being facetious.
    I was facetiously speaking in the voice of current TDA/TDO about their predecessors.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast