Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: Ideas for making the Dl less crowded/crowd Efficient

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    I was facetiously speaking in the voice of current TDA/TDO about their predecessors.
    Ah, gotcha.
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    i wouldn't end the ap program entirely, but i would get rid of the payment plan option.
    this this this!!!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    I usually agree with you mycroft16 but this time I don't. I've seen Disneyland with 110 thousand people (NYE 2000) and remarkably it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be as the crowds seemed to be balanced between foot traffic and people waiting in lines. That being said I believe that in the present, attractions operate at a much stronger efficiency thus creating an imbalance where more people are crowding the walkways going to and from their next attraction. The thing that stands out to me the most is how evolved fastpass pulsing has become. Back in the day was agony because I'd be standing in one place for 15 minutes in the stand-by line until it finally moved 20 ft or so and now it seems like I'm moving that same distance every 2 minutes and getting on the attraction in a respectable time. Maybe NextGen will restore this balance, or maybe it will further increase efficiency thus casting many parkgoers to the streets even worse than it is now.
    I only tossed out ideas that would actually, factually, decrease business in the park. And they would. Didn't say they were the best or actual good ideas though. I've been in the park on ridiculously busy days as well, though not that particular day, and it hasn't been bad. Park flow is amazingly well handled on high volume days. The problem becomes ride wait times, especially on lower capacity rides. There are lots of ideas and things that could be done that may or may not have differing levels of impact. I simply picked the two that absolutely would have a major effect with no thought for likelihood of happening or feasibility. Almost tongue in cheek. lol

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Rock Star Minion

You know what my solution is:
    1. Eliminate the biggest discount entrance program. (Yes, the AP Program.)
    2. I like the dynamic pricing idea already mentioned, as it is part of my solution as well. Lower prices in the born-again "off-season," higher prices during "on-season" such as summer and holidays. Simple supply and demand. Heck, re-instituting closed days in the off-season for more major-sized repairs could be done, instead of being open every single day. Close DL one day, close DCA another day.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Eliminate Fast Passes, parking structures and busses from hotels.

that should do it.

• Rock Star Minion

Yes, eliminate fastpasses as well. Make people wait in full (not partially empty) queues instead of wandering around and waiting in other queues.
    You don't want to wait? Then don't wait. Find another attraction to wait for, or give up and go somewhere else, where your senses can be tingled immediately.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

They need more rides in the undeveloped areas. They need to finally add the new ride in Frontierland. It is talked about for years and nothing happened. Do this first before fixing Tomorrowland. Change the fireworks show. The current fireworks show creates congestion around the Castle. Go back to the previous version where you can see the fireworks anywhere in the park.

Increase the view areas of Fantasmic. There are some blind spots that should be salvaged with new seating.

Convert the backstage areas of Main Street on both sides, east and west. This is long overdue. We need a way to exit out of the park faster.

Expand DCA again. Turn the east side of Carsland into a new land with large capacity rides.

Leave the AP program alone, but they should consider dynamic date blocking. Consider other ticket types like seasonal passes for the less busy periods.

• Banned User

Depleted Uranium haze at 5pm.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    no one said any of these measures would be cool. But they accomplish the goal of reducing crowds. Any measure you take is going to be met with opposition from one group or another, as you take something away from them.

---------- Post added 11-13-2012 at 09:48 AM ----------

1. Increase prices across the board. Turn Disney into a privilege for the rich like skiing and golf.
    2. Increase ticket prices during high crowd times (i.e. holidays, and school breaks). Or increase ticket prices year round, but offer easy to find discounts for the slower times of the year.
    3. Add more annual pass tiers with more blackout dates (i.e. weekday select pass)
    4. Add more special ticketed events (Halloween, Christmas, Pirates & Princesses, etc.)
    5. Replace current fast pass system that causes guest to crisscross, running back and forth across the park. Need to implement an intelligent system that moves guest in an organized logical progression around and throughout the park.
    6. Add more high capacity people eater (quick load (i.e. Omnimover)) rides. And make the rider linger to keep the people off the streets that much longer. Im not for a large capacity show like Aladdin, because when the show breaks, you have a huge crowd disbursed at the same time. With an Omnimover ride you have a constant even flow of people exiting the attraction.
    7. Create a path around the north bank of the Rivers of America connecting Critter Country to Festival Arena (and/or ToonTown), eliminating the dead head in Critter Country. You would need to add one or more attractions back there to convince guest to go that way.
    8. Implement a transportation system that connects DLP with DCA eliminating the bottle neck in the esplanade for those guest park hopping.
    9. Eliminate shows that close down rides, pathways, and create bottlenecks.

I know many of the above are not popular ideas, but they help to accomplish the goal of reducing crowds.

I dont see Disney ever wanting to reduce the crowds in the park. The more people in the park equals more spent on food and merchandise.
    I've never had a problem with crowds in the esplanade, but I think extending the monorail to DCA would be awesome.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Add Fast Passes for entire lands! (just kidding)

• Minion

Ticket books.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    ####### ###### # # #### # # ###### ##### # # #### #### # # #### # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #### ##### # ###### # # # # #### #### # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #### # # ###### # ###### #### #### # # ####

what the heck??!

no way to make DL more crowd efficient then it already is.. here is a idea,how about just nobody goes to DL anymore .. how's that for crowd efficiency! and then DL will become a ghost town like that other theme park not to far away from DL in BP.

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    End the AP program, increase day-ticket prices and offer discounts for frequent day-ticket buyers.
    Ta-da!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

•   
    • Minion

don't add capacity and find a way to get people in the less crowded parts of the park. One way is to put a major E-ticket behind btmrr. the other spot is critter county maybe find a way to connect the back of that to FL behind roa.

• The doctor is in

When I went last month my parents were reminiscing about the days there there were E-ticket rides and A-tickets and so forth. They both said they wish they'd bring the ticket books back and that it might help the crowd control.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast