Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Ideas for making the Dl less crowded/crowd Efficient

I want to hear YOUR ideas on how to make Dl less crowded/ more crowd efficient
    thank you

• I'm not really here

Re: Ideas for making the Dl less crowded/crowd Efficient

The two simplest methods are:
    1) Allow less people in
    2) Increase ride capacity

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

End the AP program, increase day-ticket prices and offer discounts for frequent day-ticket buyers.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The two simplest methods are:
    1) Allow less people in
    I think this is really the key, and it's the one Disney will never do.

It doesn't matter if the ticket holders are APs, day ticket buyers, comps, whatever...a human is a human, and when too many of them are crowded into the park, there's the same result. It's been said countless times that most APers are blocked out of the park on the most crowded days, such as Christmas week and mid-summer, and it's still strained to capacity, so IMHO, removing the APs does not guarantee in any way that the parks won't be just as clogged.

Disney already closes the gates and stops selling tickets when the capacity gets to what they feel is the breaking point. IMHO they should lower that breaking point by 10,000 or 15,000.

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    End the AP program, increase day-ticket prices and offer discounts for frequent day-ticket buyers.
    That just going to make it even more difficult for most families to go on there once a year Disney vacation. And would most likely decrease profits. The more packed the parks, the better for disney. I think the best way to aid this issue is to increase ride capacity, and make larger path's in Disneyland. California Adventure does not feel the strain Disneyland feels on a daily basis.

1. Increase Ride Capacity
    2. Develop a show similar to Aladdin that takes up a large amount of guests 5 times a day for Disneyland (This tehater holds 2,000 people and is always full) This would consume guest time on an attraction and relieve some strain on other rides.
    3. Widen Paths (there is allot of pointless fences and paths that can be widen and improved on)
    4. Add more E Tricket Rides, Right now were missing Indiana jones a ride that normally consumes allot of guests, problem being is its under refurb and when there is one less E-ticket Ride running the other ones feel a huge strain and longer wait times. (Ex: Space Mountain has been maintaining longer than normal wait times for this time of year) And Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (another E-Ticket, will be going under the knife in Jan for a long refurb, once again, were short another major E-Ticket ride and nothing to make up for it.,
    5. Move Astro-Orbitor further back into tomorrow land, and remove the people mover track since its not going to come back

Large traffic area that are always clogged up are in red, main street is only bad when the park is closing, after fireworks or a parade.

Last edited by BradleyC; 11-12-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    All that does is let the rich goto Disneyland, no offense.
    Only rich people went to DL before the AP program? Funny, I don't remember ever being rich!

• -

I wouldn't end the AP program entirely, but I would get rid of the payment plan option.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

There is no way to make Disneyland less crowded. It's a theme park. Theme parks get crowded.

The only thing they could do is make AP blackout dates more known so guests from other states and countries might be able to pick different times of the year to visit.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

There are different levels of "crowded".

Less people in the parks? Supply and demand. Cap capacity or raise prices.

Less people on the walkways? Get rid of FP, forcing people to wait in lines. Make the rides longer so that more people are on each attraction at any given time.

• Minion

Other than raising prices, add more high capacity rides like Pirates and Haunted Mansion, add the alleyway behind Main Street for crowd flow, move the Astro Orbiter to where it used to be.

Get rid of parades and anything else that blocks walkways.

• Under that tree again!

1. Put arcades behind the Mainstreet stores.
    2. Tear out the Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, and treehouse, or the tear into the shops/dining across the way from them.
    3. Tear out the PM track and Astro Orbiter. (Think this area is bad now, just wait until Innoventions becomes an E-ticket)
    4. Make the walkway around ROA a full circle, so people are doubleing back from HM and Critter Country.
    5. Consider moving FL attractions because when it get busy the queues get closer to the Carousel and the walkways gets tight.
    6. Expand the Frontierland entrance, the narrow bridge.
    7. Add more rides. Especially high capacity attractions like coaster and flumes.

Add new, high capacity pirates-esque e tickets at circle d ranch, big thunder ranch, innoventions, and widen pathways and create MS alley and exit by splash mountain. New shows at FL theater and Magic Eye. Build 3rd gate with a 3 billion dollar budget.

Increase hopper and AP by $30-$50 and possibly overhaul of program where instead of passes with different number of blockout days your AP has certain amount of points and more desirable days are worth more points. Plus some Blockouts across the board on certain days in summer and christmas.

New AP system will cause people to think before they just head down to the park and budget their visits but still give them plenty of days at the park.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• The doctor is in

In terms of wait times I also think the handicap and ECV abuse issue needs to be properly addressed. When multiple people using ECV's can essentially skip lines with up to 5 people it seriously slows things down. It also blocks the walkways of the park in general.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    When multiple people using ECV's can essentially skip lines with up to 5 people it seriously slows things down.
    Most of the time this is a myth. Often times the handicap line is a longer wait than that of the normal line. The newer rides are completely accessible so it isn't even an issue.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast