Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Ridge

• I'm not really here

Re: Rainbow Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Read the Mouseplanet article and it sounds like it is true. Plus the fact that it is David Koenig reporting (who is to Mouseplanet what Al is to Micechat) and not Jim Hill leads me to believe that only two buildings will be left standing with no replacement for the torn down buildings.
    Anyone can write an article that sounds true. That is not hard at all. At issue is, where did he hear this from? Did he hear just a snippet of the grander story? Is it Disney sowing false info, which has happened before. Is it Disney leak checking? Has also happened before. I can guarantee you that even if they are tearing it down, that is not the whole story. And that's my point, regardless of the truthiness of his statement, it is incomplete.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Sock Puppet

I hate rumors like this. As it gets everyone worked up for no reason at at all

Let's just wait to see how things go with the refurb 1st!!!!

Rumors are rumors and not always true!

---------- Post added 11-13-2012 at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Anyone can write an article that sounds true. That is not hard at all. At issue is, where did he hear this from? Did he hear just a snippet of the grander story? Is it Disney sowing false info, which has happened before. Is it Disney leak checking? Has also happened before. can guarantee you that even if they are tearing it down, that is not the whole story. .And that's my point, regardless of the truthiness of his statement, it is incomplete
    bolded in red and underlined.. this kids is my point exactly. Rumors are incomplete statements of facts. Until it's been said by Disney themselves in the disney blog or my AL i am just going to wait until the refurb happens.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 11-13-2012 at 09:34 AM.

• Minion

Pffft, I thought everyone knew that the new Woody's Roundup animatronic characters are going to go there. Hey howdy hey!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Pffft, I thought everyone knew that the new Woody's Roundup animatronic characters are going to go there. Hey howdy hey!
    I think a million heads just exploded...

• AKA - DisneyChris

Just heard a rumor that there is a planned TV series based on Big Thunder Mountain - could this somehow be linked?

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Anyone can write an article that sounds true. That is not hard at all. At issue is, where did he hear this from? Did he hear just a snippet of the grander story? Is it Disney sowing false info, which has happened before. Is it Disney leak checking? Has also happened before. I can guarantee you that even if they are tearing it down, that is not the whole story. And that's my point, regardless of the truthiness of his statement, it is incomplete.
    Yeah, I guess the same could be said for Al's articles.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Hello Dolly.

I doubt this is true. If it is, I think many are jumping to conclusions.

Obviously if this were true, I doubt they would just demolish the town and have nothing in it's place. Most likely it will be rebuilt or hopefully something better. Sucks to lose a piece of history, but Walt said as long as there is imagination, Disneyland will grow. I will be more than happy if they were to somehow make that tiny portion of the ride better & maybe a more realistic ghostown.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    I think someone has a snake in their boot...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Minion

If it does get demolished, I will be happy if they replace it with something else. I'd be fine with that. I'd love for the town to stay, but if it has to go then so be it.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

I predict it is being demolished because it is old and rotting and will be replaced with new buildings that looks the same.

No big deal.

• Team Hail HYDRA

They sell "REAL" Pieces in pins

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

•   
    • Minion

This is just a rumor I wouldn't worry too much. Can anyone come up with a good reason to take them out and put nothing back in their place? I know I can't I will wait and see on this one but highly doubt they would take the buildings out for good and leave a vacant spot in the middle of an attraction.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Can anyone come up with a good reason to take them out and put nothing back in their place?
    The same reason that in the last 25 years they've closed rides and restaurants, eliminated unique merchandise, cut back on staffing, slashed CM pay, reduced the Disneyland University to a pathetic joke -- and have seen their profits soar.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    The same reason that in the last 25 years they've closed rides and restaurants, eliminated unique merchandise, cut back on staffing, slashed CM pay, reduced the Disneyland University to a pathetic joke -- and have seen their profits soar.
    Or...they could have plans after the demolishment such as rebuilding a bigger grander Rainbow Ridge in its place but didn't say so in this rumor. That or they will just demolish it to rebuild it since the buildings are very old and worn.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Or...they could have plans after the demolishment such as rebuilding a bigger grander Rainbow Ridge in its place but didn't say so in this rumor. That or they will just demolish it to rebuild it since the buildings are very old and worn.
    Exactly. And hopefully, that's what will happen. But if it doesn't, Disney has a quarter century of precedent of removing without replacing, and a quarter century of proof that its customers won't care.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast