Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Ridge

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Rainbow Ridge

Thought I would post this photo, since it's relevant and because it's probably my favorite photo of Rainbow Ridge. Circa 1957 (via davelandweb.com)

Name:  RainbowRidge_1957.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  80.0 KB

Apparently ABC will be producing a show about the mine train. Wondering if these changes have anything to do with the elimination of the facades...

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Ya, they would never put a ride in Tomorrowland that shrinks riders down to sub-atomic levels.
    Yes, you are correct. Especially one with a character that controls ants with his helmet.

Back on topic, I wonder if they will change the back story of BTMRR for the Lone Ranger movie coming up?
    Last edited by Disneymike; 11-14-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• My Children's Father

Animatronic Tonto. Coming to a ride refurb near you.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    Animatronic Tonto. Coming to a ride refurb near you.
    I think I'm gonna be sick.......

• Disneyland Historian

Rainbow Ridge hasn't existed since 1977. The town is named Big Thunder according to the population sign. It just bears a strong resemblance to Rainbow Ridge.

• No Disassemble!

Just how expansive is this whole Princess Fantasy Faire thing going to be!?! geez!!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Just how expansive is this whole Princess Fantasy Faire thing going to be!?! geez!!
    Haven't you heard? They're building the Fantasyland Forest in that area!

Calm down, people. Probably just rebuilding to ensure safety. Or possibly just taking down, sprucing up, and placing them there. Who knows, they may end up like the mine train and be apart of WDI storage.

Be open to change! Walt would have wanted that!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Folks, this is a discussion forum, and when some of you tell others not to worry, to wait until we know all the facts, you are discouraging that discussion . . . something we don't allow.

Yes, there are not verifiable facts in this situation, but it's a topic fit to discuss, and the lack of "facts" does not mean that the participants here, who may have a dozen different takes on this rumor, shouldn't be allowed to express their opinions, hopes, and fears on the subject without being told to "just calm down" or words to that effect. State you opinions on the topic at hand, not your opinions about and advice for your fellow posters.

Thanks for your help!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

What would you want to see instead of Rainbow Ridge, if this is true? I'd personally like seeing this just redone, but kept classic, however I'm open to new changes about this. As long as they put something there, I'm happy- however the exception to that would be to tie it in with a movie. I don't think I'd like that.

Quote Originally Posted by the mermaid View Post
    What would you want to see instead of Rainbow Ridge, if this is true? I'd personally like seeing this just redone, but kept classic, however I'm open to new changes about this. As long as they put something there, I'm happy- however the exception to that would be to tie it in with a movie. I don't think I'd like that.
    I agree with you. Ideally, I would just like to see the same thing rebuilt and made bigger (although a building or two might have to be removed to accommodate the larger size). The forced perspective that works from the queue is ruined once you get up close anyways. Alternately, I wouldn't mind if they put some hacienda style theming to better integrate the area with with Rancho Del Zocalo. They could include some nods to Zorro.

• I'm a Lutheran

I'd rather not see too many movie references in one of the last attractions in the park that does not feature movie characters. If that were to happen, then we'd only have:

1. The Haunted Mansion (non-Holiday)
    2. The Enchanted Tiki Room
    3. Matterhorn Bobsleds (which is based off a movie but does not feature characters or visible references)
    4. Space Mountain
    5. Autopia (features franchise characters)
    6. Disneyland Railroad (minus the nod to Mickey's Toontown)

And that list excludes the Main Street Vehicles. Then there're attractions like the Jungle Cruise which features a brief portion referring to Indy. Nonetheless these and Big Thunder are it. Everything else has fallen victim to movies. I'd rather see Rainbow Ridge replaced by something original and unique. I wouldn't mind seeing it stay though. The miniature clothesline above the waterfall is one of my favorite details in the entire resort.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Yes, you are correct. Especially one with a character that controls ants with his helmet.

Back on topic, I wonder if they will change the back story of BTMRR for the Lone Ranger movie coming up?
    Given that they have announced a Big Thunder Mountain TV show, I doubt anything from Lone Ranger will make it into BTMRR.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Given that they have announced a Big Thunder Mountain TV show, I doubt anything from Lone Ranger will make it into BTMRR.
    Maybe not but this seems more likely:
    BTMRR queue themeing.

What if they are removing it just to rebuild it into an interactive queue area like they have plans to do in Disney World? If that is the case, i might be all for it. As much as i hate to see history go, well history, it would be nice to see it updated or retro fitted to be interactive!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast