Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Ridge

• Under that tree again!

Re: Rainbow Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by bheuett View Post
    What if they are removing it just to rebuild it into an interactive queue area like they have plans to do in Disney World? If that is the case, i might be all for it. As much as i hate to see history go, well history, it would be nice to see it updated or retro fitted to be interactive!

I could see that as a small possibility. The area isn't huge and BTMRR usually has short lines that don't over flow its purpose built queue. If they want to add interactive elements to the queue it may require some indoor areas and they could put it against the Ranch Del Zocalo kitchen, and BTM maintenance/storage area.

• Team Hail HYDRA

^and went though buildings that are reminiscent.....

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by bheuett View Post
    What if they are removing it just to rebuild it into an interactive queue area like they have plans to do in Disney World? If that is the case, i might be all for it. As much as i hate to see history go, well history, it would be nice to see it updated or retro fitted to be interactive!
    Eh. I would rather not go the interactive route.

• Closed Account

Seems like people want Disneyland to cater as much as possible to the ADHD crowd...

Speaking of Rainbow Ridge, does anyone know what now stands where the old Rainbow Caverns building existed?

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Yes, you are correct. Especially one with a character that controls ants with his helmet.
    With the modern day Disney corporation, that is the only way we would ever see that type of ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    3. Matterhorn Bobsleds (which is based off a movie but does not feature characters or visible references)
    Definitely not based off of a movie. True, Walt was saw the mountain when visiting the set of the movie and thought it would make a good addition to his park, but he could have seen the mountain from anywhere and had the same thought. He just happened to be on the movie set at the time. If he was in his shower and looked out the bathroom window and saw the mountain, the ride wouldn’t be based off of Walt’s shower, it would be based on the actual landmark.

The main point of your post, I agree on. I hate it anytime a non-movie based ride has to have a movie tie-in associated with it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Seems like people want Disneyland to cater as much as possible to the ADHD crowd...
    Naturally, as ADHD is the new normal, thanks to the latest in information technology. Try not to focus so much and so long on one thing--that's stifling and obsolete. You need to evolve with the rest of our species and upgrade to the fully multitasking Homo sapiens V2.0 operating system. It's simple, just pop open an energy drink, stick this Bluetooth doohickey in one ear and an ear bud in the other, and start texting while listening to "music" and talking on the phone like everybody else!

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    3. Matterhorn Bobsleds (which is based off a movie but does not feature characters or visible references)
    It has been stated hundreds of times that the Matterhorn is not based off of Third Man on the Mountain. Although the movie featured images of the Matterhorn, the mountain in the movie is called the citadel not the Matterhorn. Walt was inspired to build the Matterhorn while filming yes. But he did not build the ride because of the movie, he build the ride because of the mountain itself.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Quote Originally Posted by Congo Chris View Post
    Speaking of Rainbow Ridge, does anyone know what now stands where the old Rainbow Caverns building existed?
    Bit thunder now occupies that area. The current Rainbow caverns are not original, though.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    It has been stated hundreds of times that the Matterhorn is not based off of Third Man on the Mountain. Although the movie featured images of the Matterhorn, the mountain in the movie is called the citadel not the Matterhorn. Walt was inspired to build the Matterhorn while filming yes. But he did not build the ride because of the movie, he build the ride because of the mountain itself.
    yep i agree and is true.. check this out.. the actual matterhorn in switzerland, and look !! it looks just like the one at the park!!..well kinda..

• Banned User

I don't know if you've seen the second Oz the Great and Powerful trailer, but it is a lot more interesting than the first, and I think the film will be a major hit. If it is, Frontierland might very well get an Oz land, with the outside portion being an old farmtown/fair in Kansas as the queue to an Oz ride.

If this is the case, then possibly some folks wouldn't see a need for two western themed towns in Frontierland E-Tickets. Big Thunder could possibly be refurbished to be solely a mining camp/company, with a new interactive queue. And some features of Ruby Ridge, perhaps the buildings themselves, would be moved/relocated/warehoused as the new Oz ride is built.

This would be put into the Big Thunder Ranch/Barbecue area.

Remember the refurb schedule for Big Thunder in Orlando? It was from January to June, about six months.

Disneyland's Big Thunder is going down January to the end of October. That's ten months.

Expect more changes at Disneyland's Big Thunder.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 11-15-2012 at 03:49 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    yep i agree and is true.. check this out.. the actual matterhorn in switzerland, and look !! it looks just like the one at the park!!..well kinda..
    I would say they look pretty identical.

Name:  sidebyside.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  45.8 KB

If I remember I think that the caverns were where either the Big thunder maintainance is today or very close to Rancho.

• "I don't like the color"

Here you go:
    Name:  Imagineering-Disney_Natures-Wonderland_aerial-2.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  227.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Disneymike; 11-15-2012 at 07:58 PM.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

On a side note, I got the opportunity to take a backstage tour of BTMRR last year, and they allowed us to go inside the buildings. Inside of one of them (I can't remember off-hand which one), there are signatures from the CMs who have worked BTMRR over the years. If these buildings are going to get removed, I just hope they preserve that building! Maybe the Archives would be interested in it?

I do have pictures of the insides of the buildings, but we were asked not to put any of the tour pictures online. But the inside of the building is completely plastered in CM signatures, believe me!
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast