Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Ridge

• -

Re: Rainbow Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    If this is the case, then possibly some folks wouldn't see a need for two western themed towns in Frontierland E-Tickets. Big Thunder could possibly be refurbished to be solely a mining camp/company, with a new interactive queue. And some features of Ruby Ridge, perhaps the buildings themselves, would be moved/relocated/warehoused as the new Oz ride is built.
    There have been two western towns in Frontierland for a very long time: Rainbow Ridge and Frontierland itself. There hasn't really been a conflict with both of those existing, I don't see why there would be one with an OZ ride.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Seems like people want Disneyland to cater as much as possible to the ADHD crowd...
    Which is basically every person with a cell phone.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

•   
    • Minion

I am still going to hope that whatever they do with the buildings will be along the lines of restoration and not removal.

It's a shame they don't utilize them more, in fact. Think of what they could do with those buildings for Halloween and the holidays...

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Think of what they could do with those buildings for Halloween and the holidays...
    Ya, they can keep them themed to a western town so people visiting during Halloween or during the holidays can see a western mining town while waiting in line for the ride.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Ya, they can keep them themed to a western town so people visiting during Halloween or during the holidays can see a western mining town while waiting in line for the ride.
    Western mining towns celebrated Christmas, so they could do some period decorations there if they chose, the way they did in Buena Vista Street...and I think it would enhance the ride. It could be as simple as a garland on a railing, etc.

For the Halloween parties, they could do some spooky lighting that wouldn't interfere with the town's normal theming during the day. Technically isn't the entire storyline that the town is now a ghost town, the trains run on their own, etc.? Something spooky would actually fit in with the canon storyline; it's supposed to be haunted.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Western mining towns celebrated Christmas, so they could do some period decorations there if they chose, the way they did in Buena Vista Street...and I think it would enhance the ride. It could be as simple as a garland on a railing, etc.

For the Halloween parties, they could do some spooky lighting that wouldn't interfere with the town's normal theming during the day. Technically isn't the entire storyline that the town is now a ghost town, the trains run on their own, etc.? Something spooky would actually fit in with the canon storyline; it's supposed to be haunted.
    A couple of minor decorations that are both period appropriate and to scale with the buildings are fine for the holidays. I just don't want to see a whole Christmas overlay turning the place into Santa's snow village.

As for Halloween, if the ride is supposed to be a spooky ghost train, it doesn't need any additional overlay.

• Team Hail HYDRA

^we can make it spookyer

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    ^we can make it spookyer
    I think that would detract from the attraction more than add to it.

• AKA - DisneyChris

I hope they plan to refurbish and not destroy - I know Disneyland is not a museum, but there is very little left in the park from it's early days, that the few remnants should be considered "hands-off"

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think that would detract from the attraction more than add to it.
    Kinda agree...but I bet they could make it work.
    For the love of Disney....

• Sock Puppet

Highly doubt they will destroy it. Again it was just a rumor that RainbowRidge would be taken out..and I am just gonna wait till the refurb is over to see what they did.i am not going to speculate on a issue that is so minor.

Until there is a legitimate reason as to why, I think it safe to say that this is just some internet nonsense. After all, just because someone says something somewhere, doesn't mean it has to be true. It's a journalistic wild west on the web.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    Until there is a legitimate reason as to why, I think it safe to say that this is just some internet nonsense. After all, just because someone says something somewhere, doesn't mean it has to be true. It's a journalistic wild west on the web.
    But you can't put things on the internet that aren't true!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Team Hail HYDRA

^that is true

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• -

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    But you can't put things on the internet that aren't true!
    Exactly. That's why Wikipedia is so reliable.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast