Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Ridge

Re: Rainbow Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    Until there is a legitimate reason as to why, I think it safe to say that this is just some internet nonsense. After all, just because someone says something somewhere, doesn't mean it has to be true. It's a journalistic wild west on the web.
    Exactly
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    Until there is a legitimate reason as to why, I think it safe to say that this is just some internet nonsense. After all, just because someone says something somewhere, doesn't mean it has to be true. It's a journalistic wild west on the web.
    It's from a reliable source for one... It's really no different from Al Lutz saying it in a column.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    It's from a reliable source for one... It's really no different from Al Lutz saying it in a column.
    Yep. That's what I said earlier but got shot down:
    Read the Mouseplanet article and it sounds like it is true. Plus the fact that it is David Koenig reporting (who is to Mouseplanet what Al is to Micechat) and not Jim Hill leads me to believe that only two buildings will be left standing with no replacement for the torn down buildings.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    but Al is the master
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• Pilot EdForceOne

Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I say tear it down and put in a pin trading stand!

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfn View Post
    If I remember I think that the caverns were where either the Big thunder maintainance is today or very close to Rancho.
    On the ride (BTMRR), it is the right hand turn just before the mountain goat lift. If I am not mistaken, you go thru a portion of the original tunnels. These tunnels have been squared off with boards giving the illusion of a curved mineshaft.

This section is below grade and essentially "underground". Actually, it is more like a trough with a roof over it. I don't know if any of the old theming exists behind those wooden boards. Does anyone know for sure? If so, plz tell!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    If they demolish the town, I will be hurt. I look forward to hearing the people of the town talk during the queue and at the end of the ride. Don't get rid of it!!! Plus, it's one of the very few remains of Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. Come on now.

WOW 8 pages deep into some respectful comments from fellow Disneyland fans who would join me in hoping that Team Disney Anaheim preserves what's precious about old Disneyland (Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland) vs chucking it & replacing it with something meaningless (we've suffered with enough "eisners" and lost both Skull Rock and Fort Wilderness - we don't need to lose anything else that can be preserved for future enjoyment) ....

I'm going to treat this as a rumor; with the understanding that since Big Thunder Mountain Railroad @ Disneyland is undergoing a lengthy rehab, there may be changes made to the queue area for better access ON & OFF the ride ... along with replacing the whole track; and I hope various audio animatronic animals are taken care of (they need tlc), as well as preserving the picturesque buildings from Rainbow Ridge (including the clever audio queues we here) ....

I know enough Disneyland Fans agree that we are missing out on a large part of Frontierland that has been shut off for too long (an area where the Pack Mules, Conestoga Wagons and the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland traveled along the border of the Rivers of America) .... wouldn't it be nice to see this area open up again for our enjoyment?

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Rainbow Ridge will be torn down.... only beCause it is barely standing. However it will be re-built so calM down everyone.

Sorry but all yall make us laugh with all your hysteria

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    On the ride (BTMRR), it is the right hand turn just before the mountain goat lift. If I am not mistaken, you go thru a portion of the original tunnels. These tunnels have been squared off with boards giving the illusion of a curved mineshaft.

This section is below grade and essentially "underground". Actually, it is more like a trough with a roof over it. I don't know if any of the old theming exists behind those wooden boards. Does anyone know for sure? If so, plz tell!

You're right that area of the track is in a similar location to the caverns however it is not underground and is not the same structure. All of the caverns were demolished. The only thing behind the snow shed is train storage.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by codyman019 View Post
    Rainbow Ridge will be torn down.... only beCause it is barely standing. However it will be re-built so calM down everyone.

Sorry but all yall make us laugh with all your hysteria
    Who is "us"?

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Who is "us"?

codyman19 is obviously Tony Baxter. Like, duh!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    Who is "us"?
    Either he failed to proof read and missed his random capitalizations, or he is hinting that he's a Disney employee by deliberately capitalizing the "C" in "because" and the "M" in "calm".
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Either he failed to proof read and missed his random capitalizations, or he is hinting that he's a Disney employee by deliberately capitalizing the "C" in "because" and the "M" in "calm".
    Quote Originally Posted by codyman019

Name:  c12e7671_shock-generatoreMeme-pa007world.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  31.0 KB

• Sock Puppet

if and when it gets torn down, i will believe it when i see it, and until then a rumor is a rumor! if they tear it down to rebuild cool beans, but won't really know till they've actually done it

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast