Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Ridge

• "I don't like the color"

Re: Rainbow Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Either he failed to proof read and missed his random capitalizations, or he is hinting that he's a Disney employee by deliberately capitalizing the "C" in "because" and the "M" in "calm".
    Great deduction Mr. Holmes!
    Name:  rathbone_bruce1_web.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  13.2 KB
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Either he failed to proof read and missed his random capitalizations, or he is hinting that he's a Disney employee by deliberately capitalizing the "C" in "because" and the "M" in "calm".
    How lovely, then, of a Disney employee to insult Disneyland's fanbase by calling us hysterical and laughing at us for it. Charming.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    Animatronic Tonto. Coming to a ride refurb near you.
    Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    I don't know if you've seen the second Oz the Great and Powerful trailer, but it is a lot more interesting than the first, and I think the film will be a major hit. If it is, Frontierland might very well get an Oz land, with the outside portion being an old farmtown/fair in Kansas as the queue to an Oz ride.
    no to Tonto and No to Oz. I saw the trailer for The Lone Ranger last Saturday when I saw Lincoln...it does not appeal to me at all. But that is just me.

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    How lovely, then, of a Disney employee to insult Disneyland's fanbase by calling us hysterical and laughing at us for it. Charming.
    I thought this same thing to Olivia but thought I was being over-reactive. I mean, this thread was just discussing the possibility or non-possibility of the changes and we are told we have hysteria...
    Last edited by clara; 12-06-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: because I'm dumb sometimes...

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I saw the trailer for The Lone Ranger last Saturday when I saw Lincoln...it does not appeal to me at all. But that is just me.
    I agree. Maybe the movie will change my mind, though.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 12-06-2012 at 01:05 PM.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

multiple post...nothing to see here...
    Last edited by clara; 12-06-2012 at 01:11 PM.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I mean, this thread was just discussing the possibility or non-possibility of the changes and we are told we have hysteria...
    I would imagine, to most non-fans, that people wringing their hands about the loss of some of the scenery on a roller coaster at an amusement park might, indeed, conclude there was some hysteria.

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by codyman019 View Post
    You're right that area of the track is in a similar location to the caverns however it is not underground and is not the same structure. All of the caverns were demolished. The only thing behind the snow shed is train storage.
    Here we go with the "underground" thing again...
    I even qualified it by describing it as a trough. It is clearly below grade by several feet. The roof line is just above the concrete/black top.

Anyway, thanks for your imput on that part of the ride and what you think exists behind the mineshaft boards. I have one annon person saying it is gone and another annon person saying it still exists (in part). I'll keep the research books open. The term "snow shed" is odd. I haven't heard that one before.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by codyman019 View Post
    Rainbow Ridge will be torn down.... only beCause it is barely standing. However it will be re-built so calM down everyone.

Sorry but all yall make us laugh with all your hysteria
    I sure hope you enjoyed that Christmas party this year.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I sure hope you enjoyed that Christmas party this year.
    it was fun!!!!

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Well Mice Chat does tend to jump the gun a bit on things like this (unsubstantiated rumors).

From the outside I'm sure it looks a little silly, but we wouldn't be here if we didn't care about Disney.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Team Hail HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    we wouldn't be here if we didn't care about Disney.
    that is true

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Sock Puppet

..oh me too! +2 on what Wren said

• I'm not really here

Brief digression. Apologies.

No one said that members here did not care about Disney. What was said, and meant, is that without having a clue about what is going on, members of the fan boards, not just MiceChat, tend to exaggerate things way beyond the level of available information.

It is the making of assumptions without any factual evidence or information that leads to this perception, and no, it is not just an isolated person thinking this just this once. It happens a lot. The World of Color threads were full of this sort of hyperbole and wild statements based on zero evidence or information or understanding of the plan or whole show even. Construction threads frequently suffer from this sort of thinking that takes the least little nugget of rumor and makes it into the sort of thing where people are posting about not going to the parks again, or how Disney is obviously devoid of any sort of creativity, etc.

It's a sort of hypochondria almost. No one is suggesting that discussion and debate stop or that speculation stop. It's the taking speculation and debate and rumor as fact or without any supporting evidence as reality that leads to this sort of feeling towards the fan boards. It is the statement of "why are they doing x, don't they care, what, they don't even have a plan? This ruins things!" when what is really happening still isn't known. You know?

I hope the difference between debate, discussion and speculation based on available evidence and just rampant rumor/fear mongering is clear. It is the later that leads to the post from the CM.

NOTE This was not an attack on anyone, just the idea of leaping to conclusions and making assumptions without information in general.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Pilot EdForceOne

Both Sides can still be right. They may say they are rebuilding it but that doesn't commit them to rebuilding all that was there prior....
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast