Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Ridge

• Team Hail HYDRA

Angry Rainbow Ridge

I just heard that the rainbow ridge mining town will be demolished in the big rehab!
    any thoughts?

[Removed link to non-partner site per board policy.]
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 11-14-2012 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Link to non-partner site.

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Nic

Re: Rainbow Ridge

They'd have to re-tool a lot of the story if that were the case.

Source?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

I saw this too.

[Removed link to non-partner site.]
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 11-14-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Link to non-partner site.
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

• Senior Minion

Even given all the boneheaded stunts Disney management has pulled in the last 20 years, I'm finding the rumor of this one a bit hard to believe -- and hope that it isn't true.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• AKA - DisneyChris

they give no reason for removing them - and there really is no reason - they just sit there and are not in the way of the ride at all. So I have major doubts about this.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Minion

If they demolish the town, I will be hurt. I look forward to hearing the people of the town talk during the queue and at the end of the ride. Don't get rid of it!!! Plus, it's one of the very few remains of Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland. Come on now.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• I'm not really here

PAUSE AND REFLECT:
    Keep in mind that all it says is buildings will be torn down. It says absolutely nothing about what will be done. At this point it is entirely possible that they just need to be rebuilt because they are so old and rotting. We simply don't know, so before we leap to conclusions and break out the pitchforks and the lynch mobs head off to Burbank and Glendale, before anyone chains themselves to the railings of the Assay Office, let's take a breath and realize a few things...

a) Rumor with no real confirmation yet regardless of the source
    b) Only initial tear down mentioned, no idea what plans are

Let's keep this thread calm and objective PLEASE! and not leap to baseless and unsubstantiated conclusions.
    Last edited by mycroft16; 11-12-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I don't see why they would demolish and not replace this at all.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    PAUSE AND REFLECT:
    Keep in mind that all it says is buildings will be torn down. It says absolutely nothing about what will be done. At this point it is entirely possible that they just need to be rebuilt because they are so old and rotting. We simply don't know, so before we leap to conclusions and break out the pitchforks and the lynch mob heads of to Burbank and Glendale, before anyone chains themselves to the railings of the Assay Office, let's take a breath and realize a few things...

a) Rumor with no real confirmation yet regardless of the source
    b) Only initial tear down mentioned, no idea what plans are

Let's keep this thread calm and objective PLEASE! and not leap to baseless and unsubstantiated conclusions.
    Bingo. This report is not news, it is rumor (and the thread is labeled as such), and thus very possibly is incomplete, if not incorrect.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 11-12-2012 at 08:47 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Nic

I'd be all for re-building some of the town; I can't seem to remember all that vividly, but aren't some of the buildings out of proportion? I've always felt like Gulliver riding past part of the town.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Bingo. This report is not "news," it is rumor (really the thread should be labeled as such), and very possibly incomplete if not incorrect.
    Exactly. And even if it is true, which at this point it could also be, we don't have any clue what is planned. As stated, this could simply be a complete rebuild of the area because it is really old. Let's play the wait and see game here.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• AKA - DisneyChris

perhaps they have even bigger plans involving this - could this be a sign that the long talked about Frontierland new E ticket is somehow a part of this?

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm not going to have an opinion on this. We all have the right to miss things. But I'm not sure how much I'll miss Rainbow Ridge if it does in fact go away. Kind of a mixed bag of emotions and thoughts.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    perhaps they have even bigger plans involving this - could this be a sign that the long talked about Frontierland new E ticket is somehow a part of this?
    What kind of E-ticket would fit in Rainbow Ridge's footprint? I doubt you could even fit Astro Orbiter there.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• SORCERER

Encase anyone is unfamiliar with what everyone is referring to

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast