Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Re: 4 Day Pass at Costco!

Quote Originally Posted by disneymademoiselle View Post
    Do you know if this deal is available in Northern California? You look like you may be around the same parts as me, tahoebob54 (Go Giants!!!)
    I got mine at the Carson City, Nv costco
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

If you need to buy multiple tickets you can use the Costco card toward their purchase. So if you need 4 tickets, buy 3 then use the gift card to help purchase the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Keaton View Post
    Thanks! It looks like the Costco cash card is deducted. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't really see any advantages to purchasing the 4-day pass and then upgrading.
    If you already go to costco and just consider that you're paying $50 for a $50 costco cash card you're paying $209 for a 4 day ticket. That's a savings of $66. Better than nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    If you already go to costco and just consider that you're paying $50 for a $50 costco cash card you're paying $209 for a 4 day ticket. That's a savings of $66. Better than nothing!
    True, but that's money in Costco's wallet and not mine. lol Actually, I've been reading a few other Disneyland forums, and some people are reporting that Disney is counting these passes as $275 towards a pass and not $209 as reported here.

• Mistress of Evil

^^^ That is what I was going to say. Other forums are reporting getting the full 4 day PH value when upgrading to an AP with the Costco tickets.

Do you know if this deal is available in Northern California? You look like you may be around the same parts as me, tahoebob54 (Go Giants!!!)
    I bought mine in San Jose, CA this past weekend. We were shopping there and just went and bought the tickets then turned around and used my cash cards for that shopping trip, nice deal!

Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    ^^^ That is what I was going to say. Other forums are reporting getting the full 4 day PH value when upgrading to an AP with the Costco tickets.
    Someone called and asked and was told $209 so it might be 50/50 depending on which CM you get!

As far as paying $50 for a $50 costco card, I shop there so often it'd be $50 on a gift card or $50 on my Amex. I spend a minimum of $100 a month there.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by bheuett View Post
    I believe it expires 13 days after first use. . .
    That's correct and that 13-day window makes this a lot less attractive for me.

And why not just charge $50 less and exclude the certificate? Making customers buy the $50 card is an obnoxious and inconvenient pain.

I think Costcos in S. Cal. currently sell for Universal Hollywood APs for $69.

And Knotts' has a deal (through Knott's directly, not through Costco) where you can get all of 2013 AND
    one visit in 2012 all for $66.99. (Additional 2012 visits are just $9.99 per person with this pass.)

So maybe consider taking a year off from The Most Expensive Place on Earth and checking out some other inferior but worthwhile places.
    Knott's Merry Farm has some Christmas features including a Snoopy Ice Show, a parade that feels like a nice small-town parade (the many kids in it had rehearsed when I saw it), and modest but good productions of "A Christmas Carol" and "The Gift of the Magi" in the Birdcage theater. After the shows the kind cast chats and poses for photos outside of the theater.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 11-14-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smartlabelprint View Post
    Someone called and asked and was told $209 so it might be 50/50 depending on which CM you get!

As far as paying $50 for a $50 costco card, I shop there so often it'd be $50 on a gift card or $50 on my Amex. I spend a minimum of $100 a month there.
    I read on that other forum that that person called before anyone had tried upgrading the 4-day pass to an annual pass, and that the cast member wasn't entirely certain at the time.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    That's correct and that 13-day window makes this a lot less attractive for me.

And why not just charge $50 less and exclude the certificate? Making customers buy the $50 card is an obnoxious and inconvenient pain.

my guess is there is a limit to how low companies can discount the tickets so to give you a better deal they include the gift card. It is similar to apple products on major sale days like Black Friday. The price is the same as always but stores include gift cards to make it a better deal. I don't know if that is the case here but it seems like a possibility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12