Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• formerly very helpful

After 45 years I finally got in! (Photo heavy!)

I finally found a friend with a friend, etc. who finally got me in. The big day was Veteran's Day, November 12. I made it into Club 33!!
    My wife, Jennifer and I got in a couple hours before our reservation and enjoyed some quiet Disneyland time without the children for a change. At noon we were by the "secret door", waiting to be buzzed in.

Since my brother-in-law, David managed the miracle work of getting us in, I let him do the actual buzzing.

Finally, the actual moment!

We saw that stairway, but had to take the elevator.

But a few photos first in anticipation.

David and Lindsey seemed to be a little more calm about it than I was.

Upstairs, it was just like I imagined it would be. Especially since I've seen so many photos on Micechat.

This was the view I HAD to get.

Our waiter, Robert (whose name I pronounced in the French manner, "Roh-berr") was my new best friend, since he brought me about the best piece of steak I've ever had.

Even the plates were classy.

A real big deal was stepping out on that balcony. "Hello down there, all you envious people!"

Well, I didn't really shout that, but I sure loved pretending I was a somebody for a change.

She played it cool, but I know my wife, Jennifer was enjoying herself, too.

Even saw the famous microphones in the chandelier.

That food was incredible.

I also loved the harpsichord.

Jennifer and David play a little, so they took a turn at the keys.

Couldn't leave without one more visit to the balcony.

It's not something we'll probably ever do again, but it was a great experience that we'll remember for a long time.

Officially, I really need to thank my brother-in-law, David for making this happen. And for the record, his girlfriend, Lindsey is a pretty nice person, too.

From this spot, we could almost see where we got engaged all those years ago. Yes, it could be quite romantic.

A few observances. Although it was the MOST EXPENSIVE and classy place I've ever been in, at no time did the cast members make me feel like I didn't belong or wasn't welcome. Or not "good enough" to be there. They were accomodating and polite, and seemed to take great joy in knowing how important this event was to people like me. So they, too, should be commended.
    Last edited by sbk1234; 11-13-2012 at 08:29 PM.

• a damsel not in distress

Re: After 45 years I finally got in! (Photo heavy!)

i'm so envious, but also so happy for you! i know club 33 is something on a lot of our disneyland bucketlists, and i'm always so excited for those who get to cross it off. thanks for sharing your pictures!

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

Congratulations on fulfilling one of your dreams! Very cool pix. Thanks for sharing that one of the harpsichord, especially. As Disneyland diehards (assuming from the proposal...) it must have meant a lot for you to eat there.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

I'm really glad to hear the CM's made your experience even better. I find all the time I just love DL CM's! They don't act like minimum wage employees (for example at Universal)

• formerly very helpful

The cast members really were the best. They were all too eager to answer questions and show us around.
    I've wanted this for a long, long time. I know I won't be doing this again any time soon, (That's an understatement) but it was such a mind-blowing experience for this diehard. I guess the next thing on my list is making it into Walt's apartment, and/or the Dream Suite.

•   
    • Minion

awesome thanks for sharing!!! I can't wait to get in there one day!!!!!

•   
    • Minion

Congratulations to you!! What a wonderful memory to keep forever. Thank you for sharing your photos and trip report...I love reading about Disney dreams come true. It's so nice to know that the servers were so warm and welcoming, as well.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Jelly!

• Selfie Expert

Thank you for sharing your experience!! I love the pictures.

I haven't heard of the microphones in the chandelier. Could you elaborate? I love Disneyland "secrets" like that!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• formerly very helpful

Aparently, back in the planning days, they were going to have animatronic birds, like in Tiki Room, who would interact with the guests at the tables. The microphones would pick up the voices so the folks controling the birds would carry on an interactive conversation. They never ended up doing this, but the microphones just stayed there and were never used.

• Hooterville, USA

You forgot the best part at lunch time. The incredible salad bar with all the shrimp. lobster, crab, salmon, and pasta you can eat!

Not to mention the 13 different desserts on display.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

How cool!! Thanks for posting this!! i hope one day i can take my own pics in Club 33!
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

• Mistress of Evil

I can't see the photos at work
    The chandeliers with the microphones are only in the Trophy Room. Walt was going to use an animatronic vulture that sits in the corner to talk to people while listening to their conversations. It was just one bird, and it was in the room already. Is the vulture gone? I haven't been to C33 in a while, but I can't imagine they would have removed it.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

WOW! Thank you for Sharing. Someday, I hope to be sharing my experience as well.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Congrats, you guys looked like you had a great time. I have a tour booked that only gets me to the lobby but hey a girl has to start somewhere. TFS!

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by GiRiMama33 View Post
    I can't see the photos at work
    The chandeliers with the microphones are only in the Trophy Room. Walt was going to use an animatronic vulture that sits in the corner to talk to people while listening to their conversations. It was just one bird, and it was in the room already. Is the vulture gone? I haven't been to C33 in a while, but I can't imagine they would have removed it.
    The Vulture was still there the last time we were there last year so I imagine it is still on it's perch.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast