Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• -

Re: D.land's Lost & Found Dept. is wonderful!

I agree it's great. I lost one of my kids there once, and two weeks later, Disney mailed him back to me at no cost.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

awesome story glad to hear!!!!!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I agree it's great. I lost one of my kids there once, and two weeks later, Disney mailed him back to me at no cost.
    aww...now are you just making fun of those of us who have utilized the lost and found successfully..or are you just being a silly willy

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Calsig told us the whole story at Trader Sam's. He "lost" his kid when he visited Mickey Mouse's house in Toontown. At first they thought he was joking when he thanked Mickey, said he'd be back for his kid in a couple hours, and left the room. In the box with his kid were enough churros and juice boxes so that he would have survived even if the shipping had taken a couple more days. Of course Universal Orlando's lost kid boxes have PADDING and Butterbeer, but Jay Rasulo is a bottom line genius so I don't question Disney. Ever.

• formerly very helpful

Unfortunately, it does take people to TURN IN lost articles. My daughter lost a stuffed Bolt that we had purchased earlier that day. We filled out the report, but it was never turned in. My wife lost a camera once that she left in the Indiana Jones vehicle. It wasn't in very long (maybe 5 minutes) before she realized. She went back and they checked every vehicle, but it was gone. Someone had absconded with it.

But good karma to those who have turned things in. I'm glad it worked out for some of you.

Glad to hear most items were returned back to their rightful owners. Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky. I lost a silver bracelet with a heart shaped dangly charm on Tower of Terror. Now this bracelet wasn't cheap either. I noticed it shortly after we exited the ride. I went over to Lost and Found and filed a report. It never turned up. I have a feeling that IF it was still lying on the floor (clasp came undone) a guest picked it up and kept it. I am to this day very upset over not getting it back. It had sentimental value to me because I bought an identical one for my best friend to match mine for Christmas one year. I had to buy a replacement one which was even more costly. I will never wear any jewlery that can easily come off and be lost to the parks because people aren't honest when they find something left or lost by a guest.

PPs' comments are good reminders that while found objects can appear to be valuable or not, the finders should still turn the items in to Lost & Found. I think sometimes people don't think a trip to L&F is necessary because the item found looks old or not valuable. But sentimental value can be just as great, if not greater, than monetary value. We always turn stuff in either to CMs working the ride or to L&F, but other guests may not know to do that or know where to find L&F (in DL go to City Hall, in DCA go to Guest Services).

I had a few rings on a necklace that were lost and never found at DCA. Including one my mother had given me just before I left on that trip. Been a decade, hope whoever has them enjoys them.
    Not so patiently waiting for Disneyland Australia.

• Still Dizzy

One of my kids friends lost his dsi. It was at lost and found the next day.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I lost my camera case years ago at DCA. Left it on one of the shelves in a store. I had just switched out my full memory card too. Which means I lost every picture I had taken, but thankfully had my camera around my wrist so I didn't lose that. I filed a lost and found report, but never heard back. Go figure that someone would take my camera case, but return someones wallet. Guess it just depends on the person.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

To make a long story short, since I've posted this here before, my wife lost her phone sometime before we went on Indy and realized it a short time later. We filed a report at Disneyland, but figured it was gone. Got back to our hotel, called Verizon and reported it lost. Google mapped the nearest Verizon store and went and bought a new one and activated it. At Verizon they told us if we found the old one within 2 days to return this one. The next day we checked with lost and found and there it was, a CM found it on Indy at the closing walk through. We took the other one back and got a full refund. So kudos to all, we not only got our phone back thanks to a great CM, but got a days worth of rental on another for free.

Sorry for those who haven't been so lucky, I'm sure for every great story there are more unfortunate ones. But, nonetheless, the lost and found policies of Disneyland are awesome. Just think of the poor CM that has to sort through all the reports and look through everything turned in, I would think it is quite a job in itself.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Someone left their sneakers on a trash bin on Buena Vista Street. Alerted somebody and it was promptly taken to the Lost and Found. It's nice that they respond quickly to such incidents. I do hope the owner got their shoes back...but then again...who leaves their footwear on a trash bin anyways?

Keep Buena Vista Street Beautiful!

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• I'm wishing

I've had two great experiences and one not so great... the not good one was a couple years ago when my dad and I went to Disneyland and he lost his baseball cap on Thunder Mountain, the cap didn't matter to him, but the pin on it was from his Vietnam platoon. Given the complete description we made and where it would be found, it's hard to believe they couldn't find it. However, I also had one day when I somehow managed to lose my bag/purse twice in the same day!! Both times, I got it back with everything inside (cash, credit cards, phone, car keys, everything)!!

We have had two amazing experiences and one not so great. My sons Mickey fishing/sun hat came up missing and was never returned much to his dismay.
    Another trip my husband keys came up missing and it turns out they had fallen off on space mountain. Only an hour later they showed up at L & F. I am guessing that the ride must have gone down because it was found on the floor of the attraction and in the middle of the afternoon. Still not sure how he managed that one.
    The last time we decide to get a travel wallet to keep his stuff in after the key incident and wouldn't you know it that fell off at some point during the day. I am happy to say that someone found it and handed it in with about $200 in cash and Disney Dollars still inside. I have to admit I never thought we we would see it again. It's nice to know there are still good honest people out there!

I agree, they are very nice and professional. Unfortunately a couple months ago i left my ray bans in the storage bag on a matterhorn car, with no luck of a return. They did call me a couple weeks later, and asked about another pair of ray bans, but i told them they were not mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast