Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: Time to Send the Grand Canyon Diorama to Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I never knew it was there when I first rode it
    So? What's your point?

It's not advertised heavily in or out of the park
    That can be said for 90% of the Park's attractions.

It's been described as a 'pleasant surprise'...but not a headliner.
    Again, so? What's wrong with "pleasant surprises?" Why does everything need to be a "headliner?"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    So? What's your point?

That can be said for 90% of the Park's attractions.

Again, so? What's wrong with "pleasant surprises?" Why does everything need to be a "headliner?"
    ...because you asked how it's not well-established..? And that would be my answer for you. If that's seriously all you took out of my last post, then you're not getting it.

• Closed Account

...because you asked how it's not well-established..? And that would be my answer for you. If that's seriously all you took out of my last post, then you're not getting it.
    Well, someone's not getting it, that's for sure.

• Minion

Well, someone's not getting it, that's for sure.
    Good one, you really got me

• Parking Lot > DCA

The dioramas were great in their heyday, but there is no reason to think that something better couldn't be put there, something that is relevant to today and that will hit home with the new generation of young, bright-eyed Disneyland visitors.
    I understand your point, but personally I think there is more harm in replacing it as opposed to leaving it as it. I just don't think it's necessary. It's been proven that it can withstand time and still be a "wow factor" for kids as well as bring back memories to adults. It's a fun ending to the Grand Circle Tour as well, as it was intended to be.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I understand your point, but personally I think there is more harm in replacing it as opposed to leaving it as it. I just don't think it's necessary. It's been proven that it can withstand time and still be a "wow factor" for kids as well as bring back memories to adults. It's a fun ending to the Grand Circle Tour as well, as it was intended to be.
    Fair enough. Thank you for taking the time to legitimately respond to my arguments. I personally don't mind the dioramas as they are, but was simply playing devil's advocate, and understanding the desire by a few posters here, as well as the OP, to replace them or update them.

• "I don't like the color"

I never knew it was there when I first rode it
    It's not advertised heavily in or out of the park
    It's been described as a 'pleasant surprise'...but not a headliner.
    It's been advertised before
    Name:  pwposter.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  9.8 KB
    Last edited by Disneymike; 11-29-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Perhaps, and I may be completely wrong (as I do), how one views the diorama is how one views the train itself? I'm getting that impression. I think one is directly tied to the other with the ones who are indifferent to the train (as myself) being the only ones who can separate the two in their minds. Perhaps perhaps.

• Closed Account

The diorama is intimately entwined with the trains and their history/story, so you are sort of right.

Although your indifference to the trains is an anomoly.
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 11-29-2012 at 06:06 PM.

• Herr Ducktor!

There is no other place on the planet that offers this experience: not only the world's longest diorama but a full-scale, actual-sized one. That you can view only from a train. Featuring real animals. Depicting the freaking Grand Canyon.

In short, the diorama represents several dimensions of ambition and achievement. And while it may not personally resonate with you, I hope it can still be acknowledged as such, and not dismissed simply because it doesn't offer up thrills. Neither does the Mark Twain, which--like the diorama--deserves to be appreciated on its own terms.

•   
    • Armchair Imagineer

"There is no other place on the planet that offers this experience: not only the world's longest diorama but a full-scale, actual-sized one."

You don't think that the Diorama is actually the same size as the Grand Canyon, do you?

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQ9 View Post
    "There is no other place on the planet that offers this experience: not only the world's longest diorama but a full-scale, actual-sized one."

You don't think that the Diorama is actually the same size as the Grand Canyon, do you?
    I think that von Drake meant the animals and foilage and rocks are life-sized.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQ9 View Post

hahahahahaha

The diorama is intimately entwined with the trains and their history/story, so you are sort of right.

Although your indifference to the trains is an anomoly.
    There's no need for condescension. You obviously love the railroad given your avatar and signature, but not everyone shares your level of enthusiasm. I wouldn't call someone who is indifferent to the train an anomaly. There's a broad range of reactions to anything from the Golden Zephyr (I personally love it even though everyone else seems to hate it) to Radiator Springs Racer (my friend hates it even though everyone else seems to love it). The train is no different. I've seen everything from kids terrified of the dinosaurs, bored kids begging to get off, people texting for the whole Grand Circle Tour, parents telling their kids they're taking the train because their feet are tired, kids begging to go around again after getting to Main Street, excited tourists filming the dioramas, etc. Everybody experiences an attraction differently and to insist that anyone who doesn't think the railroad is perfect and that there isn't any possible room for improvement is an anomaly or "doesn't get it" is ridiculous. It's complete hyperbole to take wanting a change to a part of the railroad, whether it is new music, animatronics, relocating the dioramas to behind the Fantasyland theater, 3-D dinosaurs, or whatever else people have suggested and compare that with getting rid of the castle.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    There's no need for condescension. You obviously love the railroad given your avatar and signature, but not everyone shares your level of enthusiasm. I wouldn't call someone who is indifferent to the train an anomaly. There's a broad range of reactions to anything from the Golden Zephyr (I personally love it even though everyone else seems to hate it) to Radiator Springs Racer (my friend hates it even though everyone else seems to love it). The train is no different. I've seen everything from kids terrified of the dinosaurs, bored kids begging to get off, people texting for the whole Grand Circle Tour, parents telling their kids they're taking the train because their feet are tired, kids begging to go around again after getting to Main Street, excited tourists filming the dioramas, etc. Everybody experiences an attraction differently and to insist that anyone who doesn't think the railroad is perfect and that there isn't any possible room for improvement is an anomaly or "doesn't get it" is ridiculous. It's complete hyperbole to take wanting a change to a part of the railroad, whether it is new music, animatronics, relocating the dioramas to behind the Fantasyland theater, 3-D dinosaurs, or whatever else people have suggested and compare that with getting rid of the castle.
    I agree, Steve DeGaetano seems to think he is above everyone else and refuses to even hear the possibilities of someone else having a valid opinion that is different from his. Posters like you and exploding boy offer solid discussion points though, and like you, I think it is perfectly reasonable to think some children might not like the dioramas for whatever reason, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that!

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast