Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Re: Time to Send the Grand Canyon Diorama to Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    75% of guests at the park ride the train. A vast majority are not indifferent to the DRR. If you are, indeed, indifferent to it, that is anomolous, by definition, plain and simple.
    Where do you get your information from? Please link the source. Otherwise this is just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    75% of guests at the park ride the train. A vast majority are not indifferent to the DRR. If you are, indeed, indifferent to it, that is anomolous, by definition, plain and simple.
    I guess if you want to use a literal definition of anomaly, drjeep might be one since you're probably right about the number of people who like the railroad outnumbering those who are indifferent. I don't understand your rush to label and judge someone just because he doesn't feel the same way as you about an attraction in a theme park. Using your own numbers, that means at least 1 in 4 guests are indifferent just like drjeep. I would call that a pretty sizeable minority for you to label as an anomaly. To put that into perspective, the percentage of guests that don't ride the train is roughly equal to the percentage of Americans that are college graduates or the percentage that has dark brown eyes. The percentage of guests that don't ride the train is higher than the percentage of Americans that are left handed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I guess if you want to use a literal definition of anomaly, drjeep might be one since you're probably right about the number of people who like the railroad outnumbering those who are indifferent. I don't understand your rush to label and judge someone just because he doesn't feel the same way as you about an attraction in a theme park. Using your own numbers, that means at least 1 in 4 guests are indifferent just like drjeep. I would call that a pretty sizeable minority for you to label as an anomaly. To put that into perspective, the percentage of guests that don't ride the train is roughly equal to the percentage of Americans that are college graduates or the percentage that has dark brown eyes. The percentage of guests that don't ride the train is higher than the percentage of Americans that are left handed.
    Not to mention there's no guarantee 100% of the train's riders even like it :P

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by drjeep View Post
    Where do you get your information from? Please link the source. Otherwise this is just an opinion.
    Since the man actually literally wrote the book on the subject, if you were looking for a source regarding this topic...you'd end up quoting him. lol

I would really dislike it if they got rid of the RR. I personally don't ride it too much (once per trip maybe) as I get really anxious for some reason- I think that after I get caught up in a fast paced day and I try to sit on a train I just get really anxious because it's moving slow in comparison to the rest of my day! Though I dont go on it too much I would still be sad to see it go. It's a classic. It's no headliner, but if there were no rides other than a headliner... there would be no headliners.
    If I remember correctly if you look behind you (if you're facing the diorama), you can see buildings a little and a fence. Correct me if I'm wrong! I think it would be nice to see that area disguised a little more- maybe trees or something? And I'm all for replacing the animals with animatronics, it would be a nice update but of course it's not necessary.
    Just small updates in general would be nice, but nothing that loses the nostalgic feeling while going on it.

• Doombuggy Rider

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    These were available more than a decade ago. CA Screamin' and Grizzly River Run opened in 2001, Innoventions opened in 1998, and Big Thunder Ranch has been around much longer than any of those.

So, please feel free to tack on a few years for those older then 10 years (& under 15 years)! The fact remains there have been plenty of NEW Rides & Attractions another generation can hold claim to (some of them I do enjoy, while others I don't bother waiting in line for) ...

If these NEW Rides and Attractions are indeed top notch? Then they'll be as iconic as those which still remain inside Disneyland for the past 40 (& more) years (with thee exception of Innoventions - as it is going, going, g-o-n-e) ...

I suppose I could've added the Rocket Rods for example sake; but that was such an 'eisner' (replacing an existing iconic PeopleMover with crap that barely lasted 2 years in operation); along with the remodeling of Tomorrowland; yet I can't see how anyone can consider that an achievement any generation would be proud of that's on par with the Grand Canyon / Primeval World Diorama .... Name:  250px-Disneyland_PeopleMover_Poster.png
Views: 77
Size:  178.2 KB

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
    Since the man actually literally wrote the book on the subject, if you were looking for a source regarding this topic...you'd end up quoting him. lol
    Unless he made up the statistic, he should be able to cite a source.

• Herr Ducktor!

Good lord. Just because, um, one of the world's foremost authorities on Disneyland trains didn't see fit to burden us with footnotes--you think it's appropriate to imply that he's making stuff up?

A word of friendly advice: the phrase "with all due respect" isn't just a platitude. It's a good philosophy to follow. Mr. DeGaetano is due a great deal of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by von Drake View Post
    Good lord. Just because, um, one of the world's foremost authorities on Disneyland trains didn't see fit to burden us with footnotes--you think it's appropriate to imply that he's making stuff up?

A word of friendly advice: the phrase "with all due respect" isn't just a platitude. It's a good philosophy to follow. Mr. DeGaetano is due a great deal of respect.
    If he's going to use that statistic to talk down to another member of this board then yes, I think he should tell us where he got those numbers from. Respect goes both ways.

And if you reread my comment you'll see that I never said or implied he made that number up.

• 7/17/2005 I was there!

If there is one thing I hate about internet forums, its the word "source." There are a few of us out there who have terrific memories for information we've read as well as certain stats.
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Fan View Post
    If there is one thing I hate about internet forums, its the word "source." There are a few of us out there who have terrific memories for information we've read as well as certain stats.
    As others were quick to point out, the guy's an author. He literally has it written down somewhere.

• Herr Ducktor!

And if you reread my comment you'll see that I never said or implied he made that number up.
    You did not ask him, respectfully, to provide a source. A reasonable reading of your words is that you equated his not proactively doing so with making up the statistic. Disagree with him all you want, but please do so with an underlying assumption of good faith and good will.

Quote Originally Posted by von Drake View Post
    You did not ask him, respectfully, to provide a source. A reasonable reading of your words is that you equated his not proactively doing so with making up the statistic. Disagree with him all you want, but please do so with an underlying assumption of good faith and good will.
    I didn't ask him to provide a source. Drjeep, the guy he called an anomaly, did and then someone else replied that his source would be himself. My post was directed at that other comment; I even quoted it in the post.
    Last edited by clippers6; 12-01-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeep View Post
    He said please

• Minion

If he's going to use that statistic to talk down to another member of this board then yes, I think he should tell us where he got those numbers from. Respect goes both ways.

I completely agree

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast