Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: Time to Send the Grand Canyon Diorama to Yesterland

Count me in as loving precisely for the taxidermy animals, the background painting, the music, and it being static and serene. It is retro and old fashioned yes, but it is not dated and dull. It's classic in the same sense a well-curated museum display is classic, and therefore timeless due to quality even if it was put together using the techniques of 50 years ago.

Also, the transition music to the Primeval World section alone might be my favorite musical cue in the whole park, so there's that.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'd be bummed if Disney scrapped that area.

Sad - yes

Surprised - no.

• Sock Puppet

I Like the music that goes with the diorama! i always have, takes me back to when i was a kid and though the dino's were real.

• Minion

Sure, I would like the dinosaurs to be updated, but they should not remove this unique feature in the park.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Sure, I would like the dinosaurs to be updated, but they should not remove this unique feature in the park.

The Ainamtronic's on the dino's needs to be kinda updated i think.. maybe look a bit more real.. but then again back then the animatronics on the dino's was in their minds awesome and "futuristic" i suppose

My 7 year old claps when we come to the diorama and the dinos. He loves everything to do with the train and plans on being the engineer once he's big enough. He would really be bummed if the dioramas went away. There's enough high tech stuff elsewhere, I'm glad he enjoys the simpler things.
    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Hokey music? That "hokey" music you hear is a fine piece of American music, written during the latter part of the nationalistic period of classical music.
    I think the music makes the diorama feel hokey. It'd be a good fit if the animals moved, but bouncy music while looking at taxidermied animals is weird to me. Just a personal opinion. I think they'd be better off using the first movement from Grand Canyon Suite which would better capture that feeling of entering a dark tunnel in Tomorrowland and suddenly finding yourself at the majestic Grand Canyon. Or if they wanted to keep using the mash up of the third and fifth movement they use now, I'd prefer they use a different recording, perhaps Bernstein's, that better fits the attraction.

Just my 2 cents.

While I enjoy the Diorama, I wish they could make some of the animals into AA's. Have the deer wiggle their ears, birds flap their wings and goats turn their heads. Small changes but would enhance the expierience. As for the primeval world I would update it to be more like Jurrasic Park at Universal, just a little less scary.

• Nic

I love the diorama, but I hate the spot it's in. You're in futuristic Tomorrowland, and then you enter a Grand Canyon Diorama? It makes no sense to me. I'd much rather have the train pass through a futuristic city, and the diorama located somewhere else.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on if something is new, I reject it immediately because its frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Why fix what isn't broken?

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I love the diorama, but I hate the spot it's in. You're in futuristic Tomorrowland, and then you enter a Grand Canyon Diorama? It makes no sense to me. I'd much rather have the train pass through a futuristic city, and the diorama located somewhere else.
    Well, wouldn't that be just as weird and nonsensical-having an 1800's train passing through a futuristic city?
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Hey, time travel is futuristic! Besides, I see it as LEAVING Tomorrowland so I have no problem with the Grand Canyon diorama following it. Just like right before arriving in the Tomorrowland station you see the Agrifuture billboard, a look at things to come. I wouldn't say the Agrifuture image is inappropriate because we're at "it's a small world" or in Fantasyland. Guests have passed that.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Count me in as loving precisely for the taxidermy animals, the background painting, the music, and it being static and serene. It is retro and old fashioned yes, but it is not dated and dull. It's classic in the same sense a well-curated museum display is classic, and therefore timeless due to quality even if it was put together using the techniques of 50 years ago.

Also, the transition music to the Primeval World section alone might be my favorite musical cue in the whole park, so there's that.
    Same here. I get goosebumps every single time.

•   
    • Minion

keep it i love it the way it is

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I think the music makes the diorama feel hokey. It'd be a good fit if the animals moved, but bouncy music while looking at taxidermied animals is weird to me. Just a personal opinion. I think they'd be better off using the first movement from Grand Canyon Suite which would better capture that feeling of entering a dark tunnel in Tomorrowland and suddenly finding yourself at the majestic Grand Canyon. Or if they wanted to keep using the mash up of the third and fifth movement they use now, I'd prefer they use a different recording, perhaps Bernstein's, that better fits the attraction.

Just my 2 cents.
    Well, what they use is the 3rd movement from the Grand Canyon Suite. So I guess the music gets more hokey with each movement.

But I think the third movement works great because it alludes to a burro ride to the canyon floor, which is one of the things the Grand Canyon is known for. Like the burro that is used as transport in the Grand Canyon, the train also transports you to the Grand Canyon. I think the musical statement is superb if not genious.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast