Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

• Nic

Re: Time to Send the Grand Canyon Diorama to Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Well, wouldn't that be just as weird and nonsensical-having an 1800's train passing through a futuristic city?
    Not as weird and nonsensical as an 1800's train traveling through the primeval Grand Canyon full of dinosaurs; at least the mix between the land and the diorama would make sense.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• -

Why not just put the inevitable princess overlay on it and call it a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    I Like the music that goes with the diorama! i always have, takes me back to when i was a kid and though the dino's were real.
    You mean they're not real? Thanks for spoiling the magic.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Not as weird and nonsensical as an 1800's train traveling through the primeval Grand Canyon full of dinosaurs; at least the mix between the land and the diorama would make sense.
    To me, since the train is on the very outskirt of Tomorrowland, I've never really considered the Grand Canyon or Primeval World diorama parts of Tomorrowland. However, I think that a train zipping from California to Grand Canyon in the matter of a few seconds is pretty futuristic.

• Senior Minion

Not as weird and nonsensical as an 1800's train traveling through the primeval Grand Canyon full of dinosaurs....
    The thematic rules are different for the Disneyland Railroad than for the individual lands of Disneyland: the train itself is themed to a specific time period, but the places its track takes it are not. From its base in a turn-of-the-century midwest American small town, it travels to 19th century New Orleans, the American Old West, into the pages of Joel Chandler Harris' Uncle Remus stories, through a world of children's fairy tales, to the land of the future, and back to its midwest small town. In that context, its excursion through the Grand Canyon Diorama and Primeval World is hardly nonsensical.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 11-16-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    The Grand Canyon and Primeval World diorama is amazing. The only thing they should do is upgrade the animatronic technology. Projections and television with imitation 3d cannot replace detailed sets and mechanics; we learned that valuable lesson with FNSV.
    Well said.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

So I suppose you would be in favor of the castle being torn down in favor of a building themed to 1910 America? Perhaps a grand Victorian mansion would make more sense there instead.

Maybe they can rotate the diorama. If they can do it without damaging the animals, I'd like to see a future city type display sometimes, or maybe models of every other disney park. But I bet those props are really delicate so no...
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Maybe they can rotate the diorama. If they can do it without damaging the animals, I'd like to see a future city type display sometimes, or maybe models of every other disney park. But I bet those props are really delicate so no...
    Or they could add another diorama somewhere else along the train route to include the items that you mentioned.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• AKA - DisneyChris

My only gripe with the Grand Canyon is its location. It clashes with Tomorrowland, and Main Street. the two lands that connect it, and the Primeval World has nothing to do with the Grand Canyon, even though they try to make a connection through the narrative on the train, it is a bit far fetched.

Here is what I would do...

I would move the Grand Canyon Diorama to the space after the Rivers of America and before Fantasyland. There is definitely enough room there for it. I would put it back together exactly as it was in the other location, but the themeing would fit sooo much better in this spot.

Then, I would expand the Primeval World segment of the train to include both diorama rooms, and would add special lighting and smoke effects to make is appear as though you are entering a time machine, which is how it could tie into Tomorrowland, and Sci-Fi thematically.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    My only gripe with the Grand Canyon is its location. It clashes with Tomorrowland, and Main Street. the two lands that connect it,
    Fantasyland connects Frontierland and Tomorrowland and has nothing to do with either of those.

The dioramas are not really in any land. They are part of the railroad which surrounds the park.

and the Primeval World has nothing to do with the Grand Canyon, even though they try to make a connection through the narrative on the train, it is a bit far fetched.
    I don't really see how it is far-fetched. It is supposed to represent what the Grand Canyon looked like during the time of the dinosaurs.

• AKA - DisneyChris

I think that the Grand Canyon probably looked nothing like the Primeval World did - it is a totally different environment, even if eons are supposed to have passed. I think it is a bit odd to think that it did. I never saw the connection.

Also - I think the Grand Canyon does tie into the theme of Frontierland.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Parking Lot > DCA

My only gripe with the Grand Canyon is its location. It clashes with Tomorrowland, and Main Street. the two lands that connect it, and the Primeval World has nothing to do with the Grand Canyon, even though they try to make a connection through the narrative on the train, it is a bit far fetched.
    Obviously this is a matter of opinion, but when I am on the DLRR no matter what station I board it from, I never have thought anything was out of place or didn't fit. I see what you are saying but I just never had that problem. I don't think it clashes at all. To me the DLRR is it's own attraction and doesn't really need to tie in with any of the lands other than station theming.

I suppose if you want to get technical a steam train shouldn't really even be in the world of Tomorrow the way you are saying the diorama clashes.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I'd love to see improvements but take it away....no way....screen are cool but will Transformers be a classic? I don't think so....people forget that physical sets just look more real to the human eye....as for some people not liking the music....well it's ten times better then modern hip hop songs...or another generic action movie sound track with lots of loud booms in it

• Closed Account

My only gripe with the Grand Canyon is its location. It clashes with Tomorrowland, and Main Street.
    It wasn't supposed to "connect" with any land. As others have noted, it's part of the railroad.

Walt put it there specifically because he wanted a grand finale for the train ride. Which it does in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    It wasn't supposed to "connect" with any land. As others have noted, it's part of the railroad.

Walt put it there specifically because he wanted a grand finale for the train ride. Which it does in spades.
    Agreed!
    For the love of Disney....

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast