Toy Story lot bus drivers extra chatty?

The last two days the bus drivers from the Toy Story lot have been extra outgoing during the drive to and from the resort. I'm suspecting it's something they were told/asked to do. In four trips over the past two days, twice the driver asked if anyone aboard was celebrating a birthday and then had the whole bus sing "Happy Birthday" while en route. One of those also led the return bus in a sing along of "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E." People on board seem to enjoy it. I'm not quite sure yet. It's sort of fun and excitement building on the way to the parks, but I'm not sure it's a great idea on the way back when you're just tired and ready to get going. Anyone know anything about this officially?

Also, on both trips to the parks the drivers have referred to DCA as "Disney California Adventures" when announcing the closing time. I wonder if they were given a script that includes that error.

• Queen Elsa

Re: Toy Story lot bus drivers extra chatty?

So what's the problem? I don't fine that wrong I rather them talk then not to and me and my mom always take the tram from Mickey and Friends and we have the CM in the back talk all the time there is even one during the Hoildays sing Christmas songs I don't see anything wrong in having CM'S talking to guess. Also he is right of calling DCA Disney Calforina Advents cause that it is call.

• Minion

ORDDU: Personally, my sisters and I HATE it when the tram drivers talk so much. We prefer to talk to each other or our friends--rather than to be interrupted and not given a choice by loud speakers that make it impossible to hear anything else. So, yes, it IS a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    The last two days the bus drivers from the Toy Story lot have been extra outgoing during the drive to and from the resort. I'm suspecting it's something they were told/asked to do. In four trips over the past two days, twice the driver asked if anyone aboard was celebrating a birthday and then had the whole bus sing "Happy Birthday" while en route. One of those also led the return bus in a sing along of "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E." People on board seem to enjoy it. I'm not quite sure yet. It's sort of fun and excitement building on the way to the parks, but I'm not sure it's a great idea on the way back when you're just tired and ready to get going. Anyone know anything about this officially?

Also, on both trips to the parks the drivers have referred to DCA as "Disney California Adventures" when announcing the closing time. I wonder if they were given a script that includes that error.
    their is no script. ART dose not give us one so its simply up to the driver some of us don't say a word some just say park hours last toy story bus one hour after last Disney park closing. other drivers will talk your ear off and you cant get them to shut up and other drivers will bad mouth Disney until they get fired lost a couple of drivers like that. some of us are even micechaters like myself. P.S. the last bus is really 2 hours 15 after last Disney park closes after that your probably walking(toy story side only ART hotel shuttle are anther story) don't try to confirm it even if you asked me in person i would deny it

It's not necessarily a problem. It's just a change I was noting, and curious whether it was just a coincidence or something management asked them to do. It is potentially a problem on the day a bus driver is concentrating more on whose birthday it is than on the road, and it leads to an accident. I only say this because the bus last night had four birthdays on board, all of which were somewhat unorthodox names. It really seemed to confuse the driver as she attempted to recite all the names back in preparation for singing Happy Birthday to them.

Better than when they tell lame Disney related jokes the whole time. Worse than the Jungle Cruise....

They do it to project a positive image on the guests. It's never required. Sometimes you just have to do whatever you have to to keep guests happy. Also, singing and chatting is helpful when when boredom sets in.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

It is something to pass the time after a long and exhausting day!

Christmas Tram - YouTube
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"