View Poll Results: Christmas Parade - Exclusive or Not?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christmas Parade for both day guests and special event guests.

32 40.00%
  • Christmas Parade for special event guests only.

6 7.50%
  • Christmas Parade for day guests only.

3 3.75%
  • Get rid of special events.

39 48.75%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Christmas Parade for exclusive party guests only?

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I was thinking more of a menorah that is like the Christmas trees, ie, you can see it as you're walking around, not one you have to search for. If they celebrate Day of the Dead, Mardi Gras, Lunar New Year, why not give this holiday and tradition a more visible nod, too?
    Ah, now I see what you were originally getting at! I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: Sorry, but ya lost me. Still cain't tell which side a the fence yer on, gomezaddams. ducklin'.
    Darling Orgoch,
    Please excuse my familiarity, but I find a lady with sultry cerulean salubrity so seductive. I heartily apologize for my failed missive. By comparing Mr Iger to Ebenezer, I thought that my position that all hard ticket "celebrations" should be halted would be apparent. By also stating that it would take a spiritual revelation to change the regime's attitude, I erred in thinking that it inferred that such action would be improbable. We are suffering under the relentless pecuniary lust of Iger & company & that this lust is not endemic to all businesses.
    If any other clarification is required, please consider me your obsequious vassal.
    Skiddley Whiffers is a cruel mistress; cold and unforgiving.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Unfortunately it's GOING to happen.
    I bet a lot more money on it happening than on an NFL game tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    The Christmas special event and been rumored for several years now and I hope it stay that, just a rumor.
    It really has been a rumor that rolls over every year since WDW started ticketed parties. However like Halloween, Food and Wine, races, it's nearly a forgone conclusion that it too will makes it's way to DLR at some point.

I'm with you.

• Minion

This is really a simple business model. Why give something for free when there is a demand for it and people are willing to pay extra for it? There is no doubt that Christmas time at Disneyland is a premium product. By having it a separate, hard ticketed event, this turns out more money for the company and could intentionally go towards new experiences for the resort. Will a separate admission deter some people? Sure. But, like many have stated, people plan their trips to the resort around this time and these people will be willing to do it.
    Jeff Wayne

• Lighting Design Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Club 33 doesn't upcharge its customers special-event prices for the privilege of being packed into a sardine mosh pit. The issue isn't elitism or "rich people," the issue is Disney's blatant greed in overselling special event tickets.
    I'd go a step further than that. The sardine packing ability of TDA is yes an issue (especially if their advertising it as a "special party," in what world does a special party include 60,000 of your closest friends?). I'd say the bigger problem is the business model that Disney is using to create this new party. In comparison to Club 33 (which was made with the purpose of being a quasi-elitist privilege), here the company is creating a product repackaging and rebranding pre-existing shows, the newest of which (snow) has been offered with park admission for about 5 years and the parade of fireworks being a half-century old tradition.

EVEN worse though, if history is any indication, Disney will continue to offer a non-holiday parade and firework show. It would be one thing if Disney was making a business decision in not showing the holiday shows to their general audience in order to save money (a unpleasant business decision at least, but a more respectable one, especially if they need to "cut corners" for some reason, not that Disney does). But instead they choose to replace the holiday shows with traditional ones at what one would suspect is a higher cost to the company due to the extended length of the traditional shows (For example RDCT lasts I believe about 13-14 minutes in its cut version and Magical is about 14 minutes as well, the holiday firework show is about 8.5 minutes.

This would be equivalent of a restaurant replacing your dinner salad with a more expensive side dish you didn't want just so you are encouraged to spend the extra money on the overprices side salad (which is still nothing more than simple greens). At that is what reeks of a greedy business model.

• Senior Minion

^ Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    By having it a separate, hard ticketed event, this turns out more money for the company and could intentionally go towards new experiences for the resort.
    It definitely makes more money for the company, but the idea that the profits "go towards new experiences for the resort" is a myth -- a holdover from the pre-Eisger era when Disneyland's profits were plowed back into Disneyland.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Hello Dolly.

I'm usually very chill with what Disneyland has done these past few years, but if they were to charge for things that have been free for years & what I feel should be available to all guest at this point, I will be very disappointed.

How about adding to the event? Disney thinking about taking things away just kind of shows how money-hungry Disney has become over the past few years. I hope this stays a rumor.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    How about adding to the event? Disney thinking about taking things away just kind of shows how money-hungry Disney has become over the past few years. I hope this stays a rumor.
    It may be more like WDW, where it takes some away to the ticketed event and adds more to the daily "free" stuff. The parade and fireworks are in the MK ticketed party. Epcot has Holidays around the World in World Showcase, plus you can watch from the back of the ticketed viewing for Cadelight. DHS has the Osborn Lights. AK has a christmas parade. Think of all of the new stuff in DCA this year.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BlAcKoUt510 View Post
    I'm usually very chill with what Disneyland has done these past few years, but if they were to charge for things that have been free for years & what I feel should be available to all guest at this point, I will be very disappointed.

I'm with you. The only way I would back this is if they came out with a new parade and fireworks show.
    Jeff Wayne

• Blew By You

Rumor or not, I'm not really eager to listen to Disney's pig in a polk lies about making what was once a good way to celebrate the holiday season into a buko profit turning gig.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Rumor or not, I'm not really eager to listen to Disney's pig in a polk lies about making what was once a good way to celebrate the holiday season into a buko profit turning gig.
    I'm with you. I feel like whatever they would say I'd wish they'd just say nothing because it would most likely be disappointing & bull.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I'm with you. The only way I would back this is if they came out with a new parade and fireworks show.
    Exactly. Disney is in no position right now to feel like they need to make cuts. The park is very successful & taking things away now, especially traditions that were once free, just makes me sad cause I'll start to see the greed in the place I love.

I wish they'd get rid of these special events. I think it's absurd to charge full price and then kick guests out at 5pm. It's like paying full price for a movie then having the ushers shoo you out after a 1:15 mins in.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    I wish they'd get rid of these special events. I think it's absurd to charge full price and then kick guests out at 5pm. It's like paying full price for a movie then having the ushers shoo you out after a 1:15 mins in.
    I'm okay with special events when they start AFTER park hours. If the park is scheduled to close for the night at 8 - and it does a lot in the off season - and the party starts then, it's one thing. Cutting into park hours is another. I agree that it's really uncool to kick people out at 5 and cut into hours they thought they'd have in the park.

And while I love the Halloween parties I am really going to hope that this idea of Christmas parties does not take off.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    At Halloween, it is 7pm that they kicked everyone else out, not 5pm.

There are warning signs up all over the resort that the Disneyland closes early on the day of the special event. Therefore, people are buying the ticket knowing that they will have to leave early. They also have the option of going to CA Adventure for a full day if they are worried about going somewhere for a full day.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast