View Poll Results: Christmas Parade - Exclusive or Not?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christmas Parade for both day guests and special event guests.

32 40.00%
  • Christmas Parade for special event guests only.

6 7.50%
  • Christmas Parade for day guests only.

3 3.75%
  • Get rid of special events.

39 48.75%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Under that tree again!

Re: Christmas Parade for exclusive party guests only?

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I'm okay with special events when they start AFTER park hours. If the park is scheduled to close for the night at 8 - and it does a lot in the off season - and the party starts then, it's one thing. Cutting into park hours is another. I agree that it's really uncool to kick people out at 5 and cut into hours they thought they'd have in the park.
    The ticketed events barely cut into regular park hourse. Like your saying, Halloween Parties on Tuesdays when the park would of closed at 8 only cut off two hours, on Friday 4 hours since without them the month would be slow and 11 would likely be the closing time. But they also increase hours by opening earlier when the crowds warrant. The same is done with Grad Nites when held on busy days, but the new party format adds hours on slow days. It's likely Christmas Parties would do the same.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    The ticketed events barely cut into regular park hourse. Like your saying, Halloween Parties on Tuesdays when the park would of closed at 8 only cut off two hours, on Friday 4 hours since without them the month would be slow and 11 would likely be the closing time. But they also increase hours by opening earlier when the crowds warrant. The same is done with Grad Nites when held on busy days, but the new party format adds hours on slow days. It's likely Christmas Parties would do the same.
    The Tuesdays weren't as problematic, but cutting out 4 hours is a huge deal for a lot of ticket holders. When they arrive they can see the signs, and maybe opt to use their hopper ticket on another day, but what if they don't have another day? And if they're coming to the park at say, 9 or 12, they're already too late to benefit from any early opening.

I'll be honest, I went to the Halloween party and I enjoyed it, cutting into park hours or not. I can see how it would upset people, though.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Emelius View Post
    I have strong issues with Disney planning to only do the holiday parade for people who pay for special after hours ticketed events. The park has been doing Christmas parades since the 1950's. This is a special tradition that people who go to the park in December expect to see. Many plan there trip specifically for this time of year because of this parade. I know my family always did. Many people are going to show up in December only to see Soundsational next year, and be very very upset. Not that Soundsational isn't a great parade, but again, people who have been going to the park as an annual tradition for decades and decades are going to be very very upset to see a non-Christmas parade coming down Main Street. Disney is opening up the flood gates for a lot of angry guests.

I have no issue with Disney holding special parties during the holidays - But I think the focus should be on EXTRAS - not taking away stuff from the regular daytime guests. It is almost as though they are holding the parade hostage, and you will never see your little precious parade again unless you shell out 100.00 clams. (Getting very film noir here)

I think they could just plan to do the holiday fireworks for party guests only (it is a more recent offering, and guest do not expect it as much) And continue the parade for day guests. Between the fireworks and Candlelight processional, that is enough to get people to attend the special events. They don't have to take the parade away from day guests. It is not necessary, and is just plain scrooge-like behavior.
    Maybe every day at Disneyland should be a special admission event where everyone has to pay some equal amount to enter, and then everyone would get what they paid for.

---------- Post added 11-20-2012 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    I wish they'd get rid of these special events. I think it's absurd to charge full price and then kick guests out at 5pm. It's like paying full price for a movie then having the ushers shoo you out after a 1:15 mins in.
    If only all those guests being kicked out were actually paying full price, then I'd agree.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    While Christians may still be a majority in this country, they are not world-wide. I know that I won't be attending any Disneyland special event that focuses so heavily on the story of Christ, not being of that faith.
    I feel you there, but I'm coming from the angle of having no faith at all. Although I do think Disneyland's Holiday overlay is pretty non-secular for the most part. I won't be attending anyway, it's simply just not a big enough deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I do wish they'd throw Hanukkah a bone and have a menorah somewhere in the resort...anyway...
    Aside from the photo that was already posted of the menorah on Main Street, there is this one as well located in PotC.

Name:  DSC_5452.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  29.9 KB

I see what you're saying though. In terms of the Holiday decorations, I think they do a pretty good job with keeping the park as non-secular as possible. In my opinion it should stay that way. It's just easier for everyone.
    Last edited by explodingboy; 11-29-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234