Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking "How I Will Make Disneyland More Enjoyable Next Time I'm There"

This is my first post ever guys so please don't tear into me for being a "goodie-goodie" !

(I can take it though , I played college football).

What are you willing to do to make your next Disneyland trip more enjoyable for not only you and your party, but for other Guests in the park? How can you contribute to making the atmosphere more positive and enjoyable for everyone?

I'll start out.... I am going to be aware of any opportunities to help others, such as helping someone who is carrying something heavy. I always have more fun and better memories if I treat people as best as I can.

Your turn... I'd like to hear your ideas on what you would like to do to, what actions you will take, to contribute to the "MAGIC" when you're at Disneyland!

What do you think??

This is my first post and I want it to be a big one, with lots of great ideas from all the cool people here whom I've been reading posts from since last year....

And if you're not a member here, maybe this is a good post to help you kick it off and become a member of MICECHAT
    Last edited by jonkenneth; 11-16-2012 at 02:04 PM.

• -

Re: "How I Will Make Disneyland More Enjoyable Next Time I'm There"

If it was just about making it more enjoyable for me, I would plow through the crowd at my own pace without regard as to who I hit with my stroller.

However, since this is about making the vist more enjoyable for me and others, I believe just basic courtesy should do it. This means, being aware of those around me when choosing my actions. This includes, but is not limited to:

Controlling my language

Not reciting dialogue on the rides (this is annoying to everyone around you including those in your own party)

Making sure that I pull to the side if I need to stop.

Paying attention to the line moving forward and not the Angry Birds on my iPhone

Respecting the personal space of others

Using table space at a restaurant for food I actually purchased there and not a picnic meal that I brought from home.

Not laying a blanket down for Fantasmic hours before and then walking away only to come back at the start of showtime.

Holding my children at eye level during the fireworks and not on my shoulders to block the view of others.

Picking up after myself.

Returning at the time of my fastpass or within the 1 hour grace period so not to extend the fastpass wait of others later in the day.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jonkenneth View Post
    This is my first post ever guys so please don't tear into me for being a "goodie-goodie" !

(I can take it though , I played college football).

What are you willing to do to make your next Disneyland trip more enjoyable for not only you and your party, but for other Guests in the park? How can you contribute to making the atmosphere more positive and enjoyable for everyone?

I'll start out.... I am going to be aware of any opportunities to help others, such as helping someone who is carrying something heavy. I always have more fun and better memories if I treat people as best as I can.

Your turn... I'd like to hear your ideas on what you would like to do to contribute to the "MAGIC" when you at Disneyland!

What do you think??

This is my first post and I want it to be a big one, with lots of great ideas from all the cool people here whom I've been reading posts from since last year....

What a lovely idea for a post.

I will;

Keep a smile on my face & in my heart and behave accordingly.

Obey the 'Golden Rule' with other guests and the CMs

NOT try to decide who has a 'valid' GAC & who does not (I wouldn't do this anyway)

Thank the CMs who make my day a truly 'Disney Day' & let City Hall know.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• a damsel not in distress

a few months back, there was a thread about what people wear at the park. that discussion has always stuck with me. i don't think i've ever worn anything inappropriate at the park, but i know i've never actively thought "would this make anybody uncomfortable?" in fact, it's usually along the lines of "is this cute?", which usually doesn't coincide with family-appropriate.

so, for my next trip, with each outfit i'm planning, i stop and think "is this too short? will my bra show? will getting in and out of rides potentially show my under-garmets?" not a big step towards making it a better experience for everyone, but i'm trying.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Controlling my language
    You know this is a BIG problem lately, I've noticed. I will be standing in line and all I hear from the teens behind me is FBombs every other word.

It blows my mind because if I ever spoke that way around any adult when I was a teen...I would have my face slapped and no one would blink. I said the F bomb to my mom once...ONCE...never..EVER did I do it again because..well, I like my legs right where they are.

I will never forget how I got told off my a 15 year old girl while waiting in line to check the pictures after you get off of Buzz Blasters. She cussed me out, with my 4 year old standing right next to me, simply because I said there was a line to view the photos. All this, while HER own father stood by with an embarrassed look on his face. I was appalled. Great Disney memory there...sheesh.

So yes, this would be my #1.
    Last edited by clara; 11-16-2012 at 01:22 PM.

• Minion

LOVE this post. When I go to the parks, I try to keep this attitude, so I'm glad you posted this. We go at Christmas, and I try to keep up the Christmas spirit even as the crowds grow and the park gets really crowded. To maintain a happy attitude, and wishing people a Merry Christmas helps.

We also add battery powered LED Christmas lights to our stroller, people get a kick out of it and my kid likes rolling along in his Christmas mobile.

Thanking people at every opportunity and holding doors even longer than usual. It's easier for me to do these things at the Happiest Place on Earth, cause I want people to feel that.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well its Christmas time....so Ginger beard men...and hot coco...in cold weather...mmmm the best

I really like these ideas....Brittney that is really unselfish of you...Seems a lot of girls would not even consider that...

Pirate, I wish everyone will have that attitude....I guess you will be the lead-off hitter and get it going!

Stormy, you get some serious points for that!

OK... I will love to hear more ideas....WHAT will YOU actively do(what actions will you take) to make your next Disney trip a better one for you and other Guests?)

It could even be a suggestion on how to make it more fun, more memorable, or happier

And it's ok to start something new, a new behavior, maybe you've never done before.......maybe let someone go ahead of you in line, just to be gracious and make somebody smile....
    Last edited by jonkenneth; 11-16-2012 at 02:05 PM.

• formerly very helpful

Nothing really new here. Like others have said, I'll make it a concious effort to be polite and helpful when I can. It costs nothing and makes others (and me) feel good.
    When appropriate, I will give compliments to the hard working cast members whom I encounter. Sometimes it's nice to hear a kind word now and then.

• Hukuna Matata!

Respectful individuals never walk across your photo, you never take photos on a dark ride when others are present, you do not cut in line, you do not stop abrubtly in front of people, you speak in a voice that only their party can hear and avoid all the ignorant cursing, you wash their hands after using the bathrooms, you do not run into ankles with Strollers and ECV's, you do not put kids on your shoulders blocking others view of the fireworks, you do not talk during shows or kick the backs of seats, And the biggest thing I wish people would do is watch your children and make sure they behave.

I follow these guidelines and if you do I love yah and am glad to share the parks with you. That is what I will continue to do to make everyones experience in the parks a little better.
    Josh

• Minion

I will do the same types of things I always do. Being a pin trader I try to help out the kids if I see them trying to get some sort of pin. Usually I have a pocket full of pins of the popular characters and will let them pick from my stash.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jonkenneth View Post
    I really like these ideas....Brittney that is really unselfish of you...Seems a lot of girls would not even consider that...

Pirate, I wish everyone will have that attitude....I guess you will be the lead-off hitter and get it going!

Stormy, you get some serious points for that!

OK... I will love to hear more ideas....WHAT will YOU actively do(what actions will you take) to make your next Disney trip a better one for you and other Guests?)

It could even be a suggestion on how to make it more fun, more memorable, or happier

And it's ok to start something new, a new behavior, maybe you've never done before.......maybe let someone go ahead of you in line, just to be gracious and make somebody smile....

ok. How about this. In every line, at some point I will let the party behind me go in front of me. Even if it's a large group.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I will do the same types of things I always do. Being a pin trader I try to help out the kids if I see them trying to get some sort of pin. Usually I have a pocket full of pins of the popular characters and will let them pick from my stash.
    Oh I used to do this to when I was into pin trading. Kids really lite up when they would see how many I had and some they liked.

Also, I will give the plushie toy prizes at the Boardwalk Horse Racing game to other children when I win. I am really good at that game and usually win 9 outta 10 times so I have all of the plushies that game offers and certainly don't need anymore. I usually just hand the plushie to a kid that was playing against me.

• Seeker of Fun

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If it was just about making it more enjoyable for me, I would plow through the crowd at my own pace without regard as to who I hit with my stroller.

However, since this is about making the vist more enjoyable for me and others, I believe just basic courtesy should do it. This means, being aware of those around me when choosing my actions. This includes, but is not limited to:

Controlling my language

Not reciting dialogue on the rides (this is annoying to everyone around you including those in your own party)

Making sure that I pull to the side if I need to stop.

Paying attention to the line moving forward and not the Angry Birds on my iPhone

Respecting the personal space of others

Using table space at a restaurant for food I actually purchased there and not a picnic meal that I brought from home.

Not laying a blanket down for Fantasmic hours before and then walking away only to come back at the start of showtime.

Holding my children at eye level during the fireworks and not on my shoulders to block the view of others.

Picking up after myself.

Returning at the time of my fastpass or within the 1 hour grace period so not to extend the fastpass wait of others later in the day.
    This.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

I don't have any kids, so I try to interact with the kids I find while waiting in line. Sometimes I just wave because they are cute and little. Sometimes I give them a pin if I see their lanyard is sparse. I also buy lots of glow sticks and bracelets from Target or the Dollar store and I pass them out to kids after it gets dark when we are waiting in line or for fireworks/ shows. I try to make sure I am not blocking the view of kids during shows and parades. I also talk to kids who seem scared of the rides. I tell them what the ride is like and what I think might be scary so they know what's coming. Especially if it's their first time on the ride. Since I have an annual pass I also try to let out of town visitors have the better seats or experiences since I know I can always come back later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast