Disneyland Youth Tickets

Hello! Anyone out there have experience with Disneyland Youth Tickets? I am planning a field trip to Disneyland with my school and Iím looking in to buying the youth tickets because they are a bit cheaper. My students will have to pay for their own ticket plus the cost of the school bus. My school, however, has a provision that no one can be denied participation in a field trip due to cost. I noticed that for every 10 youth tickets you buy you get a free adult chaperone ticket. Iím wondering if I could give those to kids who canít afford the field trip but really want to go. Has anyone used these chaperone passes before? Is there a strict ďadultĒ age requirement? My students are high school age. That would really help solve my problem of providing for those who canít afford the tickets. I would welcome any other suggestions or tips too! Thanks for your help.

• The doctor is in

Re: Disneyland Youth Tickets

I'm not positive but if the free ticket is specifically an adult chaperone ticket they might put an age limit on there to make sure the owner of that ticket is actually a chaperone and not a student. I went on a trip to Disneyland when I was in 10th grade and in order for someone to be a chaperone they had to be at least 25 years old, but that might have just been my high school.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Reminds me of the good old days when they had child, adult, and junior ticket prices. I remember as a kid that I couldn't wait to be a junior -- so cool! The funny thing is that I think I only went maybe once at the junior price. By the time I finally was old enough to get in as a junior they got rid of that level and switched it to just child and adult!

one way around this would be for each chaperone that gets a free ticket put in the amount that they would have had to pay in a pool and use this to buy additional youth tickets and maybe a small amount of spending money for the kids that wouldn't have been able to go due to cost.

another way to do it would be to use the money to partially subsidize some or all of the youth tickets to make it in reach of the families.

The YES programs require a specific number of adult chaperones per student ratio so that they can be responsible for the students if there were some sort of emergency, if anybody doesn't want to go on a ride, etc. So no, other students would not be able to use those tickets.