My Veterans Day weekend trip to Disneyland (sorry, no pictures0

On Thursday, the 8th, we left for our trip to Disneyland. It was sure to be fun. My mom and dad and I went by ourselves, but we would connect with my sister and her husband, who would be arriving the next day.

On Friday, we went into Disneyland. We used a small bus that took us to the front instead of the tram. While we waited in the line for our tickets, my mom need an electric cart to get around. I thought that the wheelchairs were inside the gate, but they were outside, so my dad got out of the line, leaving me to wait for me to get my own ticket. Eventually, I was in the gate. I wanted to try and wait for my parents to get in with the cart, but there was a line, and I had to use the bathroom. Fortunately, there was one right through the tunnel and behind the bank. I used it and tried to call dad to see what was going on. They told me to go ahead and they would catch up with me later. We would reconvene around 10AM or so. So I peeled out by myself into the park. Main Street was already decked out for Christmas (the Christmas tree, Christmas music playing everywhere, etc.), even though the Christmas season had not yet officially started (it wouldn't start until the 12th).

I went up Main Street to Fantasyland, intending on doing some of the rides there, knowing that they were of secondary importance of the rest of my group. I, however, am a sucker for Fantasyland dark rides. Anywho, I went to Fantasyland and did the following attractions in this order: Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Snow White, Teacups, Carrousel and Mr. Toad, all before 10AM. The only line of any significance at this time was for Peter Pan, which was only twenty minutes, but seemed a lot shorter. In fact, there was hardly any line at all on Pinocchio or Snow White, and on Pinocchio, I couldn't help but remark about it to the ride operator there.

So by 10AM, I was back with my folks, who had succeeded in getting my mom an electric cart so she wouldn't have to walk so much. We went to Tomorrowland.

I'll put up more later.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Re: My Veterans Day weekend trip to Disneyland (sorry, no pictures0

So we went into Tomorrowland. My dad and I got Fastpasses for Space Mountain. Then we used the exit line to enter Star Tours (which is through The Star Trader obviously). That's the wheelchair entryway. We did Star Tours this way. And then we went explored the store for a few minutes in search of merchandise to buy for relatives. I found one shirt with an angry Donald Duck on it, which said "The original angry bird", and I commented on how my sister would like it, because Donald is her favorite Disney character.

Eventually, it became time to return to Space Mountain, so we went and did that. I also happened to notice, as we got off, how part of the Starcade was reconfigured for meet-n-greets for characters from "Wreck-It Ralph".

Then, since the line wasn't too bad, we did the Buzz Lightyear ride. Somehow, dad got a bigger score on the ride than I did, even I was more trigger-happy than he was. Then we browsed around in the store at the exit of this ride. We were amused to see a shirt with those seagulls from "Finding Nemo" on it (you know the ones I'm talking about, don't you?).

Then as we left Tomorrowland to go off and do other things, we went to the bathroom. As we left the bathroom, I saw Princess Aurora coming out. I pointed her out to my mom, whose favorite Disney movie is "Sleeping Beauty", and we got a picture of the two of them together. It was just so nice.

More to come...

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

Loving your TR...
    For the love of Disney....

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylandfan85 View Post
    On Thursday, the 8th, we left for our trip to Disneyland. It was sure to be fun. My mom and dad and I went by ourselves, but we would connect with my sister and her husband, who would be arriving the next day.

On Friday, we went into Disneyland. We used a small bus that took us to the front instead of the tram. While we waited in the line for our tickets, my mom need an electric cart to get around. I thought that the wheelchairs were inside the gate, but they were outside, so my dad got out of the line, leaving me to wait for me to get my own ticket. Eventually, I was in the gate. I wanted to try and wait for my parents to get in with the cart, but there was a line, and I had to use the bathroom. Fortunately, there was one right through the tunnel and behind the bank. I used it and tried to call dad to see what was going on. They told me to go ahead and they would catch up with me later. We would reconvene around 10AM or so. So I peeled out by myself into the park. Main Street was already decked out for Christmas (the Christmas tree, Christmas music playing everywhere, etc.), even though the Christmas season had not yet officially started (it wouldn't start until the 12th).

I went up Main Street to Fantasyland, intending on doing some of the rides there, knowing that they were of secondary importance of the rest of my group. I, however, am a sucker for Fantasyland dark rides. Anywho, I went to Fantasyland and did the following attractions in this order: Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Snow White, Teacups, Carrousel and Mr. Toad, all before 10AM. The only line of any significance at this time was for Peter Pan, which was only twenty minutes, but seemed a lot shorter. In fact, there was hardly any line at all on Pinocchio or Snow White, and on Pinocchio, I couldn't help but remark about it to the ride operator there.

So by 10AM, I was back with my folks, who had succeeded in getting my mom an electric cart so she wouldn't have to walk so much. We went to Tomorrowland.

I'll put up more later.
    we had the
    same experience in fantasyland regarding wait times!
    thanks for sharing your report.

We then went over to the info board at the end of Main Street to check on the wait times for other rides. We noticed how Splash Mountain and Big Thunder each had only five to ten minutes to wait. So we went and got Fastpasses for Splash Mountain (this was just for me and my dad, since my mom can't get on the ride and can't stand that huge drop), and then went back to browse through the stores in Adventureland. Then we went and got in the wheelchair line for Big Thunder, since this was the only "mountain" ride that my mom could do. So we did that, and it was fun as always.

Then my father and I went back to do our Fastpasses for Splash Mountain. After getting off, we then reconvened with mom, who was in the nearby Pooh Corner store, trying to buy some baby clothes for her niece, who is having a baby. Then we perused the shops on New Orleans Square. By now, we were starting to get hungry, so we got some stuff inside some bread bowls. My mom and I each got clam chowder and my dad got chili. I didn't eat all of the bread, I gave it to mom so she could possibly feed it to the ducks.

So we spent most of our time just browsing in shops and only infrequently stopping for a ride here or there. But I wanted to cover some ground and more attractions. I was not joined at the hip with my parents, and they allowed me to go peel out by myself again. We agreed to reconvene by around 6:00 or so.

So I went off by myself. The first thing I did was to go pick up a Fastpass for another trip on Big Thunder, planning to come back and do that one later. I went over to Mickey's Toontown and stood in the line for the Roger Rabbit ride, even though it was about 30 minutes. After my spin through that, I started to make my way back to Big Thunder. But to my surprise, it was shut down. They said there was some minor issue with it and they didn't know when it would be back. I was disappointed. But right then, the Mark Twain came in, and I knew right then that I needed to do that, so I did that. I decided I would see what was going on with Big Thunder after I came back from the Mark Twain. While standing up on one of the upper levels, I saw some trains moving back and forth to and from the load area. Maybe there was hope. So as the riverboat came back into port, I saw people in line for Big Thunder again. Needless to say, I was relieved. So after my second trip on Big Thunder, I then headed off to Astro Orbiter. But by now, it was starting to get a little closer to my reconvene time, and the fact that there was the Soundsational parade going by slowed me down.

Eventually, I got in the line for the rockets, as the time ticked away. All the time, I kept trying to call on my cell phone for my parents, but they never answered. After a 30-minute wait (it was supposed to be 20 minutes or so), I finally got into my rocket, and again, I tried to call again. It still didn't pick up JUST AS THE ROCKETS TOOK OFF! I had to hurry to put my phone back in my pocket as we went around. It was all I could do.

After getting off, I tried again and again to call. I ducked into one of the stores on Main Street, where it wouldn't be so loud. Eventually, dad called ME. It turned out, he couldn't talk because he was in the Tiki Room. I felt crestfallen because I wanted to do that one. So by now, it was after 6:00. We reconvened at the statue of Walt and Mickey.

More to come.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

This is all in some random order as I don't remember exactly the sequence of events now, so bear with me.

They told me that the reason I was unable to call them was because they were in the Tiki Room. I was upset at this, because I wanted to do that one, too. We explored some of the shops in Adventureland and New Orleans Square and we then went to Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion Holiday. Meanwhile, Fantasmic was due to start soon and we tried to stay out of the way there (by going on Pirates). We also watched the fireworks from an odd vantage point, the new Jolly Holiday Bakery seating area. Afterwards, we went back to Tomorrowland where my dad and I did the Autopia. I went behind Dad so that he wouldn't get rear-ended by anyone else. We got on the Disneyland Railroad at Tomorrowland. We could bring Mom's electric wheelchair onto the train and we were told that we could get off at any train station except Main Street, which had no wheelchair access route. We got off at New Orleans Square.

3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight

thanks for sharing.