Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Rides you used to like, but now avoid for some reason

Indy -- it's just too rough. Actually, I think I like the queue better than the ride itself! In fact, sometimes I find myself wishing that the line were more slow-moving, in order to soak in more of the atmosphere.

And though I haven't yet been on the "new and improved" Matterhorn, I'm afraid it's off my list -- at least until they re-do it again (please!). Used to be one of my very favorites. So sad that it's been ruined.

• Foolish Mortal

Nemo. The ride is not even worth the wait.

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

Quote Originally Posted by Slappypunk View Post
    Nemo. The ride is not even worth the wait.
    But you used to like it?

Star Tours tends to make me a little sick so now that I'm old I avoid it. I tried it once after it reopened, but I closed my eyes almost the whole time. I end up avoiding Splash Mountain too because I don't feel like walking around soggy for an hour after. Lately I've been avoiding Toy Story Mania just because the line always seems so long.

I loved these attractions as a kid but now I can't stand them:

Enchanted Tiki Room
    It's a Small World
    Captain EO
    The Subs
    Autopia
    "I do not like to repeat successes. I like to go on to other things." - Walt Disney

• Member of Baxter's Army

I can't say I avoid it but certain portions of Pirates of the Caribbean are now somewhat painful due to the nonsensical dialogue added during the 06 refurb.

• The doctor is in

I also avoid Autopia. I feel like I have ever since I turned 16 and was able to drive a real car. The line is usually super long, too.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Indiana Jones. Too rough, too fast to see anything and too many mechanical breakdowns/non working effects and generally just seems boring to me. Exploring the queue is awesome, if everything in the ride worked and was in top-notch order, plus time to appreciate it, the ride would be worthwhile.

the river rapids in CA. the soaking wet clothes and lack of climax or worthwhile drops drove us away.

• Closed Account

Splash Mountain - I enjoy the animatronics, the music, the ride itself ... but I am long passed the age where I have any intention of getting soaked and then walking around for an hour in wet clothes at an amusement park.

• ~

Gadget's Go Coaster. When I was little, I was afraid to go on the park's other coasters, but this one's bright color scheme and whimsical giant props in the queue didn't create the same anxiety as Space Mountain's hidden, dark track and the queue's dimly lit hallways or the speed that the Big Thunder trains came racing down the mountain's hills. But once I summoned up the courage to ride the park's other coasters, Gadget's Go Coaster lost all appeal to be. Mediocre ride that lasts the blink of an eye after a long wait in the direct sunlight. Some of the theming is cute, though.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I can't say I avoid it but certain portions of Pirates of the Caribbean are now somewhat painful due to the nonsensical dialogue added during the 06 refurb.
    This too. It certainly doesn't deter me from riding POTC (I love the other parts far too much), but it does detract from the experience.

I know it's the same ride, but ever since they redid the Mark V Monorails to Mark VIs, I really lost interest in going on it. It always used to be a "must-ride," because the Mark Vs to me as a kid WAS Disneyland. As a kid Disneyland=Monorail, and now that it's so different from that image I had as a kid I don't find myself having the urge to ride it.

I have a lot of rides I used to avoid for some reason, and now I really like....most notably Small World and Indiana Jones (now two of my favorite rides!)

Soarin' used to be fun, now it needs an update before I go on that again

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
    I know it's been beaten to death but gotta go with the Matterhorn. It used to be a multiple ride per visit attraction for our family. Since the new cars were put in none of us want to ride it any more. We range in age from 8-50 and we all went from laughing through the whole ride to screaming OWWWW.
    The old style cars were rough but it was more of a fun beating than a truly painful one.
    And being on the heavy side makes it an art to get my feet out from the holes they go in and lifting myself out of the car at the end.
    I am heavy...and tall. Hard to get far down enough in the sled to avoid getting beheaded.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Nowadays, I avoid the Dumbo ride and Casey Jr. In the case of the latter, if I wanted a trip through Storybookland, I'm fine with the canal boats.

I also haven't been on the Matterhorn in a while, but not because I don't like it. It's always not working when we hit it right then. On our last trip, we waited for about 20 minutes to get on because there was an issue. They finally got it working, but when we got into the bobsleds, we moved, oh, about ten feet before it shut down again. They said it would be about a half hour before it could be reopened again. By now, we decided not to wait and go off someplace else in the park.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast