Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Rides you used to like, but now avoid for some reason

The Tea Cups.

When I was a kid, I never understood why my Dad said this ride made him sick. Now that I'm older, I understand him 100%!

• Minion

Re: Rides you used to like, but now avoid for some reason

I'm with you on the Tea Cups... I'm even training my 2 and a half year old. We have a promotional book sent to us from the resort, and it has ton of pictures in it. Each picture he's saying, "Me try?" and I say, "Yes of course you can try that..." except with the tea cups, through rigorous training he sees that pic and says, "No try that..." Good boy.

I found myself a bit nauseous after riding "California Screaming" for the first time...but that might have been something I ate...I MAY try that again.

• Minion

Haunted Mansion Holiday, I liked it initially, but now it is getting old to me now. Same with Captain EO

• Nic

Enchanted Tiki Room.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Fastest Man Alive

Nemo Subs.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• -

I will never ride Superstar Limo again.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

indy. it was fun at first. but it's too bumpy for a person w/ a bad back.

•   
    • Minion

Indy and Tower of Terror for me. I LOVE the theming on them, and I still think they are great rides, but they tend to give me headaches and backaches, so I stay off them now.

And unfortunately, PotC. Since they added more smoke/fog that ride has triggered asthma attacks for me when I've been on it. So now I don't go.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

Age, or rather getting older, is not necessarily a fun thing. I'll be honest with you I loved Dumbo, for instance. But, now, there are no young ones to take me on it...and my wife has gone on ahead to Heaven...and somehow I feel, no matter how young at heart I may feel, that it would not be appropriate for an ol' timer like me to go on it.

I have wonderful memories of a time, not so long ago when my nephew, a young boy then (now taller than me and serving in the Army) took me on Dumbo and turned it into a
    roller coaster ride...up and down, up and down...

Getting older is not all it is cracked up to be...and, like Peter Pan, I would strongly advise against it. It's too late for me I suppose...the gray hair and wrinkles of age gives me away every time. But, like I say, I remember those thrilling days of yesteryear when I could ride that little elephant with the big ears...

I guess I'll just go over and sail with the pirates again...or maybe take a ride on the Ol' Mark Twain...

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

I know it's been beaten to death but gotta go with the Matterhorn. It used to be a multiple ride per visit attraction for our family. Since the new cars were put in none of us want to ride it any more. We range in age from 8-50 and we all went from laughing through the whole ride to screaming OWWWW.
    The old style cars were rough but it was more of a fun beating than a truly painful one.
    And being on the heavy side makes it an art to get my feet out from the holes they go in and lifting myself out of the car at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
    I know it's been beaten to death but gotta go with the Matterhorn. It used to be a multiple ride per visit attraction for our family. Since the new cars were put in none of us want to ride it any more. We range in age from 8-50 and we all went from laughing through the whole ride to screaming OWWWW.
    The old style cars were rough but it was more of a fun beating than a truly painful one.
    And being on the heavy side makes it an art to get my feet out from the holes they go in and lifting myself out of the car at the end.
    I think this may be the next ride I avoid. The last time I went on it (on my last visit a couple of years ago) it was very unpleasant. I wish they would redo the entire track like they did with Space Mountain.

• The doctor is in

Matterhorn is a definite avoid for me now. It has always been a Disneyland favorite of mine but ever since experiencing the new sleds I don't think I'll ever ride it again. My back hurt the whole rest of the day after riding.

Star Tours has unfortunately become another for me. I will still go on it if whoever I go with wants to ride, but I really hate it now. The new adventures that are practically just prequel trilogy based made me mad along with not liking 3D a whole lot. I feel like they completely ruined another one of my favorite rides.

Hopefully the refurbs for Indiana Jones and Thunder Mountain Railroad won't turn me off those rides, too.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Minion

Pirates of the Caribbean. It's wonderful, but I find the ride to be a little too long for my short attention span. There aren't many surprises in it for me anymore. I think the last time I rode it was just so I could count how many animals there were (a question inspired from an older thread on this forum).

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Soarin' Over California

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Chief Troublemaker

Used to enjoy Star Tours, now it makes me want to hurl. I've found as I've gotten older (bleah!) I tend to get a touch of motion sickness. First it was no more Tea Cups, then no more Star Tours. I'm hanging on to riding Space Mountain and Calif Screamin' by a thread. I can manage them each ONCE, on separate days, right before a break back at the hotel to settle my innards. I just HATE motion sickness! Just wish there was something that really worked that didn't knock you out.

A friend & I are planning a trip. She hates Small World, I enjoy it. She said she'll go on IASW if I'll go on ST. I told her ST makes me hurl, she said IASW does the same thing to her. LOL.

And, Wild Ol' Dan, please don't give up Dumbo. Remember, we're all kids at Disneyland. No one is going to look at you twice for riding something you love. My friend & I are planning on riding all the FL rides, since she's only been to DL 3 times and has never ridden any of them (long story!) and neither of us is a spring chicken, either!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast