Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    Autopia: July 1955. This is me driving my Sister.
    No Matterhorn, No Skyway, No Small World, No Submarines, No Monorail, etc.
    Just Orange Groves in the background.......
    Great photo! Thanks, Disneyland1951. (Boy, the park hasn't changed a bit! )

• formerly very helpful

Re: What's the oldest ride at Disneyland that you were there for the year that it ope

I remember soft opening for Big Thunder. But wasn't that earlier than 1978 or 79?

• Tourist

Re: What's the oldest ride at Disneyland that you were there for the year that it ope

Summer of 1967: The original Pirates of the Caribbean. I waited 3 hours in front of the old entrance with a mass of people, just to get to the interior queue. It was worth every minute of the wait.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

Indy. I remember waiting until Fantasmic started to get in line the first year. I think we still waited an hour and a half but didn't really notice since they were still giving out the decoder cards.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    I remember peeking through the wall at BTMRR as it was under construction....'79?
    Yes, the mountain were visble that summer. I got to ride it around Christmas.

Only Buena Vista Street and Carsland for me. Went opening day as well. 8 hour way for Radiator Springs Racers.

I was born too late

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I think mine was the Haunted Mansion, Summer of 1969. Ironically, I was too afraid to go on it, LOL. Too scared for the Matterhorn as well. I was 7 at the time.

My mother just found pictures of a 1966 Disneyland trip with me as a baby in a stroller so, technically, 1966 was the year of It's a Small World, Primeval World(!) and New Orleans Square (as a land with no rides yet).

The first attraction that I remember seeing commercials for before going was Country Bear Jamboree.

• I'm not really here

Toy Story Midway Mania. Yup, don't get to go that often. Especially growing up, only went 4 times before age 18.

Though Thunder Mountain opened 4 weeks exactly before I was born.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

We went to the "New Tomorrowland". I remember going on the Peoplemover first just to look the place over. I was still in elementary school. My dad has pictures somewhere.

• Fastest Man Alive

Pinocchio's Daring Journey. 1983. I'm too young to remember, though. That's what the story and old timey pics say.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• AKA - DisneyChris

I was born in 1973 - so, although I do not remember it, I was there in 1974 - and America Sings had just opened.

HAPPY NEW YEAR - MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE IN 2013

Now Presenting --- A DAY AT DISNEYLAND - AUDIO ADVENTURE
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• Minion

I know I was there around the time Winnie the Pooh opened. lol

Toontown 1993 age 3: It was the only time I've seen people standing in line for anything in Toontown other than Roger Rabbit and the roller coaster.

• The doctor is in

I went in 1995 when Indiana Jones opened. My parents took us to celebrate their 25th anniversary. I remember the ride being better than it is now and waiting in line forever.

Toon Town was still fairly new when we went on that trip, too. I remember waiting in a very long line to go inside Minnie's house.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast