Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What's the oldest ride at Disneyland that you were there for the year that it ope

i believe it was splash mountain, perhaps thats why its always been my favorite.

• Insomniac

Re: What's the oldest ride at Disneyland that you were there for the year that it ope

Fantasmic summer 1992
    Toon Town spring break 1993
    Indiana Jones summer 1995
    New Tomorrowland fall 1998
    DCA January 2002 (the week after Superstar Limo closed)
    ToT December 2004
    Cars Land/ BVS summer 2012
    Last edited by Bronco21; 11-18-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• DCP DLR Alumnus!

I've visited almost every year that a new attraction has opened since Indy. The only one I've missed is Pooh! But the only actual grand openings I've been able to attend (as in the attraction's actual opening day) are Star Tours, Little Mermaid, and Cars Land.
    Please check out my E-Ticket attraction, The Time of My Life!
    http://tcox91.tumblr.com

• ~

Let's turn the tables on this question: What is the first ride that you remember closing around the time you were visiting the park?

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    Let's turn the tables on this question: What is the first ride that you remember closing around the time you were visiting the park?
    The Mine Train and Adventure Through Inner Space come to mind.

• Insomniac

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    Superstar Limo (the week after).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• "Always On The Move..."

Any ride that was open on opening day. I was 6 months old at the time and my parents' excuse to go. So I don't remember what I went on. lol. But my ex and i were the first official guests on Space Mountain according to the cast members. It was awsome to walk all the way down the que and have no one in front of us. I was also there for the opening of Star Tours and Indy. Oh yeah, also there for the opening of PotC. Remember watching the pirates come off the Columbia and "burst open" the doors. My parents and I were one of the first ones in. Magical Times.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

I vaguely remember toowtoon opening... So I would go with Indian Jones Adventure

• Just drawn that way

Star Tours opening day : My brother picked me up and raced with me in his arms to be one of the first in line.
    Indy: same thing with the same brother!
    Splash Mountain: Only time My dad stayed till past park close to get on it.
    And since 2001 I've been to many opens due to working there. dca, bugsland buzz. pooh ect.
    Little and broken, but still good.

•   

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

My whole family, including my grandparents, went to ride the Haunted Mansion when it opened. I was 8. I think my dad, who was a mechanical engineer, was really interested in the technical aspects of the ride and animatronics.

Fluffy Club Member

• Blew By You

Pirates of the Carribean. Even my dad went on it. My sister screamed as did my mom. I muffled my scream.
    For question #2, Rocket Rods. I went on it about a week before it closed for good.

I was there in 1959 on opening day for the Monorail, Submarine Voyage and Matterhorn. In fact, just a few months before, we were part of a group of people who were invited out to tour the construction site. I actually got to walk through the Submarine ride before they filled the lagoon. I was about 10 years old at the time.

I was working at the park when Pirates of the Carribean opened. The employess got to test-ride the attactions before they opened to the public. I was working on the Motor Boat Cruise in Fantasyland at the time, and I hiked over there on every break to ride it.

• Mistress of Evil

Space Mountain here. I was 7 years old, and after I got off that ride...Disneyland's cool factor went up about 10 points for me.

• Minion

Been going to Disneyland since it opened so have been there during the year that most rides opened, but the first one I actually remember was the Matterhorn. I was too young (and scared) to ride at 4 1/2, but I remember my older cousins going on it and me crying because I was just sure they were all going to die. They didn't. Afterwards my oldest cousin bought me ice cream so I would stop crying because they wanted to go on it again. It worked.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I think mine was the Haunted Mansion, Summer of 1969. Ironically, I was too afraid to go on it, LOL. Too scared for the Matterhorn as well. I was 7 at the time.
    Same here for me. Haunted Mansion in late 1969 (I was 7 too). And I never went on the Matterhorn as a kid. Too scared! Of course as an adult I learned to love it... until the new bobsleds that is. (but that's another really long thread!)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast