Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• 11 Year Annual Passholder

Re: Please get rid of the IASWH Projection show!

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    The funny thing is, if you liked last year's and hate this year's, then I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but last year's compared to the original sucked. Here are two videos of the original:
    It's a Small World Holiday Lights Show 11/18/06 - YouTube
    (Close up video) It's A Small World Holiday Light Show - Disneyland - YouTube
    I could be wrong, but the 2011 show posted by SoCalbma looks almost exactly the same as the ones you posted except for the Sylvania ad at the beginning.
    Anyways, I don't understand why they would opt for a significantly more underwhelming show this year. Strange indeed.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 12.24.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 20

• I love that tiny bear!

From the video posted here, I'd like to hope the 2012 show is just a glitch they're working on...though from the text descriptions it sounds like it might be intentional.

• Goofy

they just need to remove the magic and memories stuff out that they used to show with projections

• some assembly required

I have never seen it, but based on the first vid shown by Socalbama, it looks brighter. The second vid looks darker and less defined.

The difference? The sign for IASWH is lit up in the 2012 video. To me this is why the pics/lights/projections on the facade look less-than-stellar.

For those that saw the show in 2011 AND 2012, can you tell me why one is better than the other? I'm just not seeing much of a difference in those first two vids. What am I missing? I don't see any posts that are explaining what is really wrong here.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

ok, I'm confused.

I will be heading to the park tomorrow late afternoon and will have to see it for myself and record this year show. Hopefully, I will have the video up tomorrow night to see what this fuss is all about.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 11-19-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Minion

The funny thing is, if you liked last year's and hate this year's, then I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but last year's compared to the original sucked. Here are two videos of the original:
    the original 2005-2008 was nice.
    2009-2011 was ok but not as good at the original.
    2012 idk, havn't seen it.

the main difference was the last song where in the original one, everything was crazy and moving very fast. the 2009-2011 not so fast.

btw, this ride itself was a lot better b4 they added the Disney Characters. they removed the Mexican xmas lights in mexico which was the best part! why? so we can see Donald Duck!!!!!

• I'm a Lutheran

I thought they removed the giant Mexican archways due to budget cuts in the overlay's budget? If I recall correctly, that holiday season had a lot of its budget focused on some minor improvements for Haunted Mansion Holiday.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• I'm a fiddle player......

The show is a lot different than last year. It doesnt really have projections, just kinda red and green lights flashing on iasw and a squence of gears rolling across the facade. Its a huge downgrade.

• Certified in everything

The 2012 show is hardly a projection show. Aside from a few seconds of shots of gears and snow, the show is mostly a combination of red and green lights projected onto the facade that DO NOT AT ALL line up with the buildings. It looks like something any one of us could have put together in iMovie in a few minutes, and I really mean that.

I don't know if this is temporary because something is being fixed or is really the deal this year, but it is embarrassing, and I heard countless guests in line for iasw asking why it was different and what happened to the old show.

I cannot find a video of it online, but one will surface soon enough. Prepare to be disappointed.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

One step forward.....two steps back

• Light up the HALO!

I is really sad that they would ruin a fun little distraction while waiting in the queue. I asked the IASWH cast members and they did not know why the show was changed.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

That version you show from 2006 is somewhat interupted by a secondary light show effect they also have/had for when the train runs in front of Small World at Night (at about the 52 second mark) - When the train passes in front of Small World, there is a rainbow of color that goes from left to right

here's another video, with just the train lighting effect (notice the blue and white lighting changed to red, orange, yelllow, green and back to blue:

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    That version you show from 2006 is somewhat interupted by a secondary light show effect they also have/had for when the train runs in front of Small World at Night (at about the 52 second mark) - When the train passes in front of Small World, there is a rainbow of color that goes from left to right

here's another video, with just the train lighting effect (notice the blue and white lighting changed to red, orange, yelllow, green and back to blue:

I remember that. The funny thing about this is that I ran across it accidentally one night and just fell in love with it. I really shouldn't sit here and say that the current version or a prior version sucked, because really someone's put time into this and maybe it wasn't what they originally envisioned. I think we should be grateful that we have things like these and we can see them.

• Love HD videos!

I should have a side-by-side 'synced perfectly' HD video of last year 2011 and 2012 small world projection up soon.

You guys should note this is probably the worst projection ever.

• Love HD videos!

Here's a first side-by-side comparison of It's Small World Holiday Projection from 2011 and 2012(recorded 11/19/2012) I created.

The Good and The Worst. See for yourself.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast