Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Sock Puppet

Re: Please get rid of the IASWH Projection show!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    Isn't it as simple as they've discontinued doing "The Magic, the Memories & You," so the equipment used in that show that allowed for such precision is probably no longer installed?

I think it's all a matter of comparison. If you've seen previous years' shows, this year's is not good. But if you haven't seen the show previously, it's sort of fun and certainly better than nothing.
    I believe the alignment of the projections with the facade pre-dates "The Magic, the Memories & You"

---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 06:41 PM ----------

...found a video on youtube showing the projections aligned with the small world facade in 2007:

• Certified in everything

This isn't just a "downgrade". They have essentially gotten rid of the show in favor of flashing lights.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

This year's show is a big disappointment. I don't know how to do these kinds of shows and could've done a better job. This show truly pales in comparison. It's gotta go!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkILIS View Post
    I think it's all a matter of comparison. If you've seen previous years' shows, this year's is not good. But if you haven't seen the show previously, it's sort of fun and certainly better than nothing.
    I brought some people to DL yesterday and since the projection "show" was about to start in a few minutes, we decided to stick around. Halfway through the show, I wanted to bury my face and die in a hole because it was so embarrassing how bad it was. You could give me a flashlight and I could make it a better show. The show consists of random gears that look like a screensaver, some snow animations, and flashes of red and green. The folks I brought said "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT???" even though they had never seen previous iterations of the show.

Well, I'd argue your friends are in the minority, because every time I've seen it an audible gasp goes up at the conclusion when all the lights come on. I'm not trying to say it's great, but to act like it's a complete waste of time is silly, in my opinion. It only takes about two minutes of your time and the ending is impressive, no matter what you think of the earlier part of the show.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

WHAT... THE... HECK?
    This is some Knotts quality garbage. I never thought Disney would stoop that low.
    I am VERY disappointed.
    But oh well, they'll continue to make millions upon billions.
    So what do I know?

• some assembly required

Thx for the vid SoCalbma! I can now see what others were not explaining.

First off, they need to dim the light for the sign on iasw. That would be an improvement. Ultimately Disney just wants to get right to the "wow" factor (the ending). And there is a very noticable "oooo" & "ahhhh" for the past shows and the 2012 show. So I think it is a sucess b/c most park-goers wont know the difference right away, if at all (and this is an overall problem with DLR these days).
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• will-o-the-whip

Wow, that is so disappointing. Disney should be ashamed of themselves. Big thank you to SoCalbma for posting the side-by-side comparison.

Wow, loved the old show but the new one is terrible. Will not be wasting my time on that when we go in a couple of weeks. Not sure what they were thinking.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

i've always loved how well done this little show has been in past years. it was impressive that there was a quality projection show that didn't need me to line up a half hour in advance or wasn't even heavily advertised. I could be walking by and there it goes! But I was in line for IASMW holiday last week and this came on...at first i thought, oh i guess i remember it being way better than this; but by the half way point i was just confused as to why anyone would okay this different/new flashing light show to be played. /sad

flower gleam & glow...

Thank goodness I went to Disneyland last year and saw the 2011 Small World Christmas, I am actually glad I can't go this year, the Disneyland Christmas effort has obviously been toned way down in favour of DCA. I hope they improve things next year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234