View Poll Results: Would you be OK with a 3-year complete closure of Tomorrowland for a full overhaul?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! It would be worth it!

59 62.77%
  • No! It would not be worth it!

35 37.23%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Would you be OK with a 3-year complete closure of Tomorrowland for a full overhaul?

Just for fun...

Let's say Disney decided to completely close Tomorrowland for three years in order to do a complete, and wonderfully fantastic, overhaul....would you be OK with that?

For the sake of argument:

• The entire land would be off limits for three full years, including Space Mountain and Star Tours!
    • When it reopened, it would exceed your expectations, no matter what they are (your favorite attractions stay, favorite attractions from Yesterland return, great new attractions)!
    • You have no idea what Disney is doing, just construction walls...they are keeping it as a surprise for the grandest of grand openings!

There are no exceptions! You cannot say "well, as long as they kept Space Mountain open" or "well, Star Tours just reopened so they wouldn't close it"....it's everything for three full years!

• AKA - DisneyChris

Re: Would you be OK with a 3-year complete closure of Tomorrowland for a full overhau

absolutely - I think it would be possible to enter some of the buildings by different routes. For instance: They could make a special passageway to Space Mountain from behind Main Street. They could also make a special passage to Star Tours from the Hub - as well as Buzz light-year. The Monorail could be accessed from the Matterhorn side. They could build temporary tunnels leading to all these, to both hide the construction and provide a safe way for guests to get ta and from these. Aside from those four attractions, the rest would be ok to shut down for a couple years. I think it could be done for sure. Fantasyland was closed for almost two years during the 80's, when it was redone. So it is not an impossible thing to do.

---------- Post added 11-18-2012 at 02:50 PM ----------

I did not read you specifications above before I posted my response. But I think they could still operate the four attractions mentioned before, and it would not be necessary to close them. Your premise is not really how it would work, i don't think.

Now Presenting --- DISNEYLAND - A MAGICAL AUDIO TOUR
    An amazing interactive audio experience found only at my website -www.DisneyChris.com

• The doctor is in

Re: Would you be OK with a 3-year complete closure of Tomorrowland for a full overhau

I personally don't think I would mind too much because Tomorrowland isn't a big pull for me, but I don't see how they could even do this due to the Monorail stop being in Tomorrowland and the Disney Railroad. They'd have to do what they did with DCA and have a gated off trail for Monorail arrivals and departures that would dump guests into Fantasyland by the Matterhorn. That would be terrible crowd wise.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Space Mountain, Star Tours, and Buzz Lightyear and fine rides, tremendously popular and entertaining, even if they have almost nothing in common with each other or even the Tomorrowland theme. Face it, Tomorrowland now and in the future is destined to be a collection assorted rides that are based on movies. Time to realize it, accept it, and move on.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Wow, I didn't realize this would get so many "downer" responses. Cheer up folks and use your imaginations!

•   
    • Minion

No Way they can approach it the way they did the make over in the 90s. Only with better results. They had walls everywhere but Space Mountain and star tours were still operational. There is no reason to shut it completely down. I would be ok with everything closed except for SM and ST gut the rest!!!! just have two pathways to each oh and the monorail!

• Insomniac

It would make no logical sense to close the entire land when most likely the only locations getting major work done would be Innoventions/ Magic eye. Everyone likes the idea of a dramatic reveal all at once, but I do not see how this would even work now days. Not to mention how many people would be furious if they found out Disney had SM, ST, BLAB, and Monorail closed just so they could do facade work (which is what most of Tomorrowland really needs most).
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Minion

I think it would be worth it. I can survive going to Disneyland without going on Star Tours and Space Mountain.

• Cunning infiltrator

Three years is a bit too long for a closure of a large land. Instead, Tomorrowland should remain open during imagineering and construction.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

• -

I don't see why they would have to close the whole thing. There are many ways in and out of the land. The work can be done in stages.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Nic

I'd want Disney to lower ticket prices slightly if all of Tomorrowland was closed.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• formerly very helpful

I'd close it for three years, but only if the end result would be spectacular. it would be worth it.

• a damsel not in distress

wow, we're all really 50/50 on that poll.

i would say no, just because the crowds with a whole land shut off would be redonkulous and i actually like tomorrowland pretty much as is. it has a vintage-outdated feel that, whereas most people hate it, i actually love. the idea of going to tomorrowland and seeing a huge tron exhibit instead of the classic ideas of what the future would be like really bums me out.

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize this would get so many "downer" responses. Cheer up folks and use your imaginations!

I imagine closures can take less than 3 years.

• formerly very helpful

I'm also surprised that it's as close as it is. But the original post said it would exceed my expectations, so that means there would be no Tron, and would still be classic, non-movie-tie-in attractions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast