Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MargyDisneylandLover

Re: Matterhorn has been ruined

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    It's not that the new sleds have smaller room or are "bumpier", what bothers me is they seem laughably slower!

I am glad that I am not the only one who thinks it is slower...I
    rode it for the first time with the new bobsleds last Tuesday and Wednesday ..while I only rode the tomorrowland side I believe that it seemed a bit slower.
    My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
    Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
    "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    ~* Uncle Walt *~
    2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

• Closet DLR fan

Ruined does seem like some serious hyperbole, but I'd say if it's uncomfortable/unpleasant enough for the OP that she no longer wants to ride the Matterhorn and avoids it whenever she goes to Disneyland, then it's certainly ruined for her.

So what made them add padding to Mater's over in DCA? Was it that guests were going to sue them.If so, I look forward to a suit because of the Matterhorn seats.

•   
    • Minion

I honestly don't enjoy the ride very much anymore. I like the new single seat configuration and I fit fine in the sled, but it IS bumpy, and it has you seated at such an odd angle.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    I don't feel any pain when I ride, so for me, it's not ruined.
    Not that it's ruined but it might depend on how old one's bones are regarding the pain factor.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Nerd

I'm with you, this refurb is a FAIL. What a shame - I rode it the other day with my wife after insisting we wait in line and OMG - it was so uncomfortable!!! Its really too bad, what a waste. I used to ride it all the time for nostalgic reasons alone, but probably won't bother again.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by skycrashesdown View Post
    Ruined does seem like some serious hyperbole, but I'd say if it's uncomfortable/unpleasant enough for the OP that she no longer wants to ride the Matterhorn and avoids it whenever she goes to Disneyland, then it's certainly ruined for her.
    I really didn't think I phrased that too sharply, but since I was given an unhelpful reputation rating as a result of my earlier posting, I suppose it could have been misinterpreted as being unaccepting of different ideas. So, I appologize if any feelings were hurt as a result of my earlier post.
    I do agree that we all have a right to our feelings regarding attractions, weather we like them or not. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I really didn't think I phrased that too sharply, but since I was given an unhelpful reputation rating as a result of my earlier posting, I suppose it could have been misinterpreted as being unaccepting of different ideas. So, I appologize if any feelings were hurt as a result of my earlier post.
    I do agree that we all have a right to our feelings regarding attractions, weather we like them or not. Sorry for any misunderstanding.
    Didn't sound sharp to me... and the loss of a point is a total overreaction.

Anyway, I noticed in the late 90s that it seemed bumpier than ever (and slower too). I had high hopes for the new trains. They did nothing to help with the bumping issue. That is my only complaint. It isn't worse IMO, but please put padding in the seats!!

• The doctor is in

The current state of the Matterhorn is a matter of perspective. If someone says it's ruined that is a personal statement that will vary from person to person. Some people like it, most people don't. Has everyone let the new sleds ruin their attraction experience? No, but a majority of those who don't like the new sleds are choosing not to ride and that includes myself. If you don't like the ride vehicles that does kind of ruin the ride for several guests in terms of experience.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Selfie Expert

I was never a huge fan of Matterhorn, but would ride it more as tradition/nostalgia. However, since the refurb I have found that I greatly dislike the ride. I fall into the category of experiencing a painful ride due to the thrashing, which makes it rather unenjoyable for me.

I do plan to take my "newbie" friends on it next month despite this, as it is still a "classic" in my eyes. I hope they eventually make the seats a little more comfortable in the near future.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Just drawn that way

I love Mattie! Yet the new sleds are a lot of the problem....seats, padding, bumpier and slower ride makes me avoid it. It used to loved by my whole family and not it's something we don't rush to.
    Sad.
    Also speaking of the padded Thunder seats......I hope those don't go away during the refurb.
    Little and broken, but still good.

I prefer lap sitting myself. Nothing more fun than cuddling your child the first time on the big mountain. Or giving your wife a squeeze for old times sake.

Only problem is lack of padding for me. Too hard on my tailbone especially with the slouched position you have to make. Thats why I cross my legs indian style. Keeps me sitting up straight and theres plenty of room for my long legs.

As for speed I find some parts a lot faster and some parts a lot slower. The beginning of the TL side feels way faster, then it slows to a crawl right before that first tire booster. That poor booster ends up having to lift the sled every time!
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    The ride itself is essentially the same. It's the new bobsleds that suck. I won't ride it until they are replaced with something else or until they add padding to the seats.
    I agree 100% the sleds are awful!
    For the love of Disney....

I'm short, so I fit in the sleds, but the angle that you sit in the sleds is awful. They do have handholds inside the sled, but not in an area I can use them (they fall in the middle of my forearm, not where I can grab them) but they have handrails on the seat in front so I could use those.

The lack of padding and angle of sit are terribly uncomfortable, and I'm not likely to ride any more.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast