Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Matterhorn has been ruined

The good thing about the old lap seating is the person on the bottom/back was the padding.

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

I only rode it one time on my last trip and spent the whole ride paranoid my back was going to hurt for the rest of the day that I really didn't enjoy myself. I just kept waiting for it to be over...and then my back didn't even hurt :/

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

• Chief Troublemaker

The Fantasyland side definitely seemed much slower than I remember. The Tomorrowland side seemed the same. As far as bumpiness, again, FL seemed bumper than TL but both were pretty darn bumpy. I remember the MH as being a pretty smooth ride. The sleds seemed roomier side to side, but shorter as far as leg room. The handholds should still be on the side, in front meant that I had to lean forward slightly to hold on. Ended up with a crick in my neck from keeping my head from being jarred around.

But, I'll still ride it again and again. Why? Because, like another famous mountain, it's there.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Well I guess everyone has to experience these at least once so even though I am cringing at the thought of a bad ride (being 5' 10" for a girl) I suspect I may need to go as a single rider since I doubt I should subject my mother (who is taller than I) to the possiblity of a displeasant ride. She hated it before and it doesn't sound like it has improved much. Just a trade off from a bumby ride to intolerable seating.

I just wonder if DL has taken any steps to recognize the discomforts of the riders and better yet if they plan on actually doing anything about it.

Being an "old guy" I am through with the Matterhorn. At 6' 3" I have found the front is the only seat with a place to put my feet which still requires me to fold up my legs with a large amount of protest from my knees. Added to this is the lack of padding has put my back to the test. Just not worth it any more.

Will just spend more time on Splash

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    The ride itself is essentially the same. It's the new bobsleds that suck. I won't ride it until they are replaced with something else or until they add padding to the seats.

You know, I thought it was just me.....but i also noticed this!! the last ride really hurt!!
    Props to Poisonedapples for the cool sig!

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious1 View Post
    You know, I thought it was just me.....but i also noticed this!! the last ride really hurt!!
    You definitely are not the only one.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• DLR Softie

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    It's not that the new sleds have smaller room or are "bumpier", what bothers me is they seem laughably slower!
    OK - good; so I'm not alone in this thought..
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money" - Walt Disney

If the new matterhorn sleds are so uncomfortable why isn't Disney doing anything about it? It is definitely a shame to ruin a good ride by making it so uncomfortable for a majority of guests, when it seems that a simple addition of padding to the seats would make a big difference.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    If the new matterhorn sleds are so uncomfortable why isn't Disney doing anything about it? It is definitely a shame to ruin a good ride by making it so uncomfortable for a majority of guests, when it seems that a simple addition of padding to the seats would make a big difference.
    Enough guests probably haven't complained about them.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

As many others have said the new bobsleds suck. I am a smaller guy 5'7 and 160 and its still uncomfortable for me. I agree it has been ruined.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

At 5'7", I find that I must ride in the middle or back, as the front puts my knees smack up against the front rim of the car and makes for a terrible ride. My family and I prefer the Tomorrowland side vs the Fantasyland side, as we find that it goes a bit faster and makes for a tiny bit smoother ride. There is no padding and you are basically on the floor, but I find that if I set myself on that first hill and settle into the back, I can better go with the flow of the car and it takes some of the bumps out. My husband on the other hand is always in the back and he says he leans forward and does better. My daughter is six and while a bit tall for her age is tiny and sits cross legged in the front with ease, so it works for us to sit three to the car. Although we have to be in the second car, because that is the only way she sits in the front seat and the only way mommy gets the middle!
    “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I remember the MH as being a pretty smooth ride.
    Actually, it was always bumpy.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Not complaining about it being bumpy. Complaining about the angle at which I have to sit in the new sleds, which is terribly uncomfortable.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• I'm not really here

I'm kind of surprised no one has figured out what the cause of the new complaints actually is. It has nothing to do with padding either. Look at the actual shape of the seats. Before the redesign they were almost totally flat. Now they are curved forward at the sides like a bucket racing seat, but wider to accommodate wider people. As you hit the rough turns on the ride and your body is thrown laterally by the Gs, you slam into these curved forward parts. Prior to the design change you didn't. Sure some additional padding would help, but it would still be curved forward and there would still be pressure from it on your body as you experience lateral motion. Flattening the seat back again would solve this issue.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast