Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Re: Matterhorn has been ruined

It's not any more bumpy than it was before, just the poor design of the bobsleds which seat you at an angle rattle your tailbone; taking away padding and legroom didn't help this either. They need to bring back the double seaters and padding which is the only logistical way to alleviate this issue.

I suspect that CAL OSHA had everything to do with the new design. The comfort of the user does not appear anywhere on their radar.

I have found the only way I can ride is to be in the front which allows me to fold my legs and have a place to put my #15 feet attached to my 6'3" frame. Being an "old guy" of 70+ it gets a little harder each trip.
    Last edited by AhpalovestheDuck; 12-10-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monster heck View Post
    Tell that to the person who is 6'4"

I'm 6'-4", 240 pounds and think the ride is better and more comfortable than it was before. My legs are pretty long and they were no where near my chest. Before the tandem seating was pretty bad and if you were alone it was worse. Now I can easily get in/out and place my size 12.5's into the foot opening on the sides with ease.

Going to be back at the end of the month and cant wait to ride it again.

I think the Matterhorn has always been too bumpy!

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
    I'm 6'-4", 240 pounds and think the ride is better and more comfortable than it was before. My legs are pretty long and they were no where near my chest. Before the tandem seating was pretty bad and if you were alone it was worse. Now I can easily get in/out and place my size 12.5's into the foot opening on the sides with ease.

I'm a pretty big guy too, and also completely agree with you. Honestly, I don't see how the old sleds had more padding than the new ones do... The seats were hard just like they are now, similar to a real bobsled. All of the comments from when the ride opened saying 'my knees were up to my chin' don't seem quite possible. You put your legs to the sides of the seats, and have a lot more room than the old sleds. Even in the very front, I don't see how your knees could be up to your chin...? Super comfy, and I think the ride got an immense 'plussing' with them
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney

I had a lot more room in the old sleds. The new ones are horrid. I won't say my knees were up in my chest, but it was the angle of tailbone that got me. Also, that the side handles were unusable. I'm glad they had the alternate handles on the back of the seat in front of me, but those are uncomfortable to grab, too.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AhpalovestheDuck View Post
    I suspect that CAL OSHA had everything to do with the new design. The comfort of the user does not appear anywhere on their radar.

I have found the only way I can ride is to be in the front which allows me to fold my legs and have a place to put my #15 feet attached to my 6'3" frame. Being an "old guy" of 70+ it gets a little harder each trip.
    OSHA is about worker safety, not passenger design, so this one can't be pinned on them. If anything the cars are MORE dangerous now because people can't stand up or exit quickly.

IMHO there was just a tremendous lack of foresight and testing with these cars. I can't think that anyone who tested them would have been OK with them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by disneyFREAK242 View Post
    I'm a pretty big guy too, and also completely agree with you. Honestly, I don't see how the old sleds had more padding than the new ones do... The seats were hard just like they are now, similar to a real bobsled. All of the comments from when the ride opened saying 'my knees were up to my chin' don't seem quite possible. You put your legs to the sides of the seats, and have a lot more room than the old sleds. Even in the very front, I don't see how your knees could be up to your chin...? Super comfy, and I think the ride got an immense 'plussing' with them
    I'm a tall guy, well over 6'2, and I see a huge difference. So I guess that it all comes down to personal opinion and experience.

While I have found ways to make it easier to position my legs better than I did the first time I rode the new sleds, there is no way that I could ever say there is "a lot more" leg room in the new sleds. Just by nature of the way the seats are designed, the space is more confined and feels way more compartmentalized.

And having worked the attraction for some time back in the 80s, I've had a few spins on the attraction.

For me I see a definite difference. In the padding, and in the leg room.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Vault View Post
    at 5 feet 4 inches how can your knees be to your chest. im 5 10 and it was nothing like that for me.
    Front of the car. There's no cutouts for the feet. Maybe it would be more accurate to say my knees were at my chin but I've never been on any ride at any park that had me in that compacted of a position.

I can appreciate where CASurfer65 is coming from. It's good to hear from a CM that worked the ride.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Avid MC reader since 2005

The Matterhorn is a very uncomfortable ride. For me, it always has been. I've always felt that it was jerky, bumpy, and painful. I would love to see them put in a bunch of padding to make it enjoyable. I do hate that my youngest daughter has to ride in her own seat. We would both be more comfortable if she rode with a parent.

The matterhorn has and sure always will be bummpy..Like Tinkbella said, my worst part is not letting my child sit next to me..Least when they changed splash they left a 2 seater in the back for people like us, and handycaped of course.

It did seem slower last I rode it.
    The Magic is as Wide as a Smile and as Narrow as a Wink, Loud as Laughter and Quiet as a Tear, Tall as a Tale and Deep as Emotion. So Strong, it can Lift the Spirit. So Gentle, it can Touch the Heart. It is the Magic that Begins the Happily Ever After.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post

If this is real, then I'm shocked.

• Hello Dolly.

Rode both sides on my trip last week.

My friend & I had no problem with the ride at all still. Enjoyed the ride both times!

I don't really know much of a difference in ride experiences with the new cars besides not being able to cuddle anymore.

People who complain about the ride being too rough need to just go on the fantasyland side. I went on it a week ago and it felt so smooth compared to the tomorrowland side.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast