Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Is the park too loud?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It's loud to block out background noise. When at the Bellagio I notice the same thing during the fountain shows. For shows I try to not view near speakers.
    Same here.
    For the love of Disney....

• Dead men tell no tales.

Maybe the parades could be a bit more quiet but other than that I don't notice it being too loud.

What I do loathe is people who talk on attractions! It's so annoying! On Tower of Terror, you sometimes can't even hear Rod Serling over the voices of a chatty group of people.

The loudness creates a vicious cycle as well.........loud music/noise makes people talk louder. I'm sure that you've all been in a room or place where the volume of voices suddenly increases......restaurants are notorious for that.

Yes, I think the background music is entirely too loud. And it's everywhere. I sometimes need to make a phone call and have great difficulty finding a corner that's quiet enough to hear anything. I don't like the overpowering music- let it be background. We shouldn't notice the music being front and center.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• The doctor is in

In my opinion, if you have to yell at the person sitting right next to you then the "background" music is a bit too loud. Don't get me wrong, I understand why they turn the volume up on the shows and the rides. It is to try and drown out talking and whatnot but there does come a point where they turn it up a little too loud.

One of the only rides where the sound system has never bothered me is Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    I agree that Soundsational is loud. Same goes for the cannon on the Columbia. That always scares the crap out of me.
    Ugh..I don't go on the Columbia for fear of this cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    Maybe the parades could be a bit more quiet but other than that I don't notice it being too loud.

What I do loathe is people who talk on attractions! It's so annoying! On Tower of Terror, you sometimes can't even hear Rod Serling over the voices of a chatty group of people.

THANK YOU!!! I really don't think the park is loud at all, but I do hate going on the Haunted Mansion and can't hear a word the Ghost Host says. It may be loud in front of the speakers, but I have a tendency of unexpectedly walking into a show. The music grabs my attention, but I usually can't hear it until I'm near it. Besides, I LOVE Disneyland music!

• Minion

Disney built in a great sound system and putting it to use I guess it's not loud to me becuase I'm a teen who listens to loud music in my bedroom

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

I enjoy the park being loud, it provides total immersion. Guests go on rides and they start chatting. >_< If anything some areas need more volume.

Now with the glow ears holy hell. Fantasmic! is non-stop chatter, they need to turn that volume and bass up.

•   
    • Banned User

There is a point between "too loud" and "not loud enough" that needs to be discovered and dialed in. Based on the feedback here there seems to be a strong perspective that it's too loud in the park. I agree.

In fact, if I'm in the park and something's too loud I typically go the other way to find something less loud to do. In their attempts to attract an audience they actually drive people away and I know I'm not alone in that. I will actively avoid what they're trying to attract me to because it's too damned loud.

• The doctor is in

I have also avoided certain areas of the park due to noise in the past.

• Minion

Hate it when people talk during rides... Yelling cause they get scared is one thing, talking throughout the entire experience gets really annoying... the one exception is if they have a little one. It's difficult to get the wee little kids to understand not talking during a ride... but I do appreciate when they at least try to get the child to "listen" to the sounds.

The cannon on the Columbia is...ya know...a cannon. So it's supposed to go boom.

I think they need technicians always paying attention to the level and aim for "if it's background, it should be background... if it's a show, it should override chatter."

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    In my opinion, if you have to yell at the person sitting right next to you then the "background" music is a bit too loud.
    I don't think I have ever experienced an area like this anywhere at Disneyland.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I don't think I have ever experienced an area like this anywhere at Disneyland.
    Been in Buena Vista Street for the new shows yet?

DCA is too loud during the parades and the high school musical stuff. I don't want to hear it and I cant hear anything else. It really is loud, and I like loud TV, music, and movies, but the DCA Phones and Pherb or whatever gives me a major head ache.

The volume on the rides is perfect though. Love the loud soundtrack on Space Mountain and Indiana Jones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast