Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: What attractions/rides have you never experienced?

ive only never ridden mickey's fun wheel and astro orbiter. always a long wait for what seems unoriginal.

• The doctor is in

I forgot about Pixie Hollow. Something about waiting over an hour to meet Tinkerbell for 30 seconds was never appealing to me.

I have done the Princess Faire, though. I met Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty. It was only a 45min wait with a bunch of screaming 4-year old girls in costume.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Sock Puppet

^ ah yes that is why i haven't done PFF, because of the THAT above..about the screaming kids..LOL . no i made a promise to my cousin we would DO EVERYTHING tomorrow, even PH..but also might be a good i me to do PH when something big is happening like a parade!

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    ^ ah yes that is why i haven't done PFF, because of the THAT above..about the screaming kids..LOL . no i made a promise to my cousin we would DO EVERYTHING tomorrow, even PH..but also might be a good i me to do PH when something big is happening like a parade!
    Just find a happy place and you'll be fine. I had a Coke and a Churro when we got in line so I entered in a fairly good mood. By the time we got to the princesses I was pretty sour, though.

•   
    • Minion

Pixie Hollow is BEAUTIFUL at night, after the meet & greet is over and everyone's gone away. The lights on the fountain, the Celtic music (and the lights that blink in time to it) and the atmosphere are great. Walk through then.

For me, my list is pretty short. I've never been on the Columbia because I've never seen it out when I've been at the park; it's always the Mark Twain instead. Ditto with the canoes; I always seem to be there when the canoes aren't running or I'm not feeling well enough to ride.

At DCA, I haven't been on King Triton's Carousel or any of the Bug's Land kiddie rides, but I've done everything else.

Stepped foot on Tom Sawyer's Island, not getting the kicks dirty. Nor have I ever had a desire to walk through any Toontown house.

• Jedi Knight

Surprisingly I have done every ride in Disneyland / DCA. But as for rides that were closed down before I got to ride them would have to be Rocket Rods. I remember hearing it and having all my friends in the time wait in line for it, but I never did because I was "scared". Then when I finally had the courage, It was down. then never opened again :/ Oh well!

• The doctor is in

I haven't been to Tom Sawyer's Island since it became Pirate's Lair.

I guess there is more I haven't done than I realized.

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by CatchAPairO View Post
    ive only never ridden mickey's fun wheel and astro orbiter. always a long wait for what seems unoriginal.
    It might not be the only ferris wheel in the world, it's one of the few with those (terrifying) swinging gondolas, so I wouldn't exactly call it "unoriginal", although the wait is typically long. Unless you were talking about the non-swinging gondolas, but in my experience, they always seem to have a relatively short wait. And even from the typical, non-swinging gondolas, the wheel offers a really neat perspective of DCA and Dineyland that you can't experience anywhere else. It's fun to slowly climb into the sky and see all these attractions become smaller and smaller and see more and more of the park and the city come into view. I like looking for buildings in Disneyland that are peeking out through the trees.
    Last edited by gatheringrosebuds; 11-19-2012 at 04:35 PM.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    For some reason, I've never actually gotten a chance to ride Space Mountain, Matterhorn Mountain, or Splash Mountain.
    HOW COULD THAT BE?! Those three rides alone are worth the price of admission IMHO. When you go to DL again, please do me a favour and go on those rides, at least Space Mountain. You will see what you've been missing.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    According to Disneyland's website, Paradise Pier's Games of the Boardwalk and Tomorrowland's Starcade are both considered attractions, so I'll add to to my list as well. I don't need to spend extra money for arcade games that I can find at any old arcade outside of Disneyland or Boardwalk games that can be found at any old beachside boardwalk.
    Guess I need to add those to my list too. I like playing video games but never felt the desire to play them at arcades. Can't bring myself to spend the money on those Boardwalk games either. Plus I've seen a bunch of those stuffed Dumbos and fishing Mickeys they give as prizes at Goodwill for 99 cents.

• Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    The majority of mine are also from DCA, primarily "a bug's land". I don't spend much time there. Cheap carnival rides with a slapped-on bug themed. Woopdidoo.
    Francis' Ladybug Boogie
    Tuck and Roll's Drive-Em Buggies
    Princess Dot Puddle Park
    It's Tough to be a Bug (although I do eventually want to go to see this just for that Hopper animatronic)
    Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    The Golden Zephyr
    Jumpin' Jellyfish
    Disney Junior-- Live on Stage
    Most of these I still have no desire to ride/see. Although, concluding the list is the Red Car Trolley on Buena Vista Street, which regretfully, I didn't ride when I was there several months ago and would love to ride during my next visit.
    What you just posted right here is exactly what I haven't done either. I have no desire to ride them whatsoever

"So make the best of this test and don't ask why. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time."- Green Day
    "The harder you work, the luckier you get."- Billie Joe Armstrong
    "This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

• Minion

I made a point of riding every ride at Disneyland this year, including new-to-me Columbia which was fascinating. To think that people actually sailed around the world, I repeat, AROUND THE WORLD ON THE OCEAN in a ship that exact size. It's mind boggling thinking that just looking at it but actually being on it gives a whole new perspective. You can walk from front to back and above and below decks in mere seconds, and that's your entire world. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN. Sakes alive.

I can't vouch for meet-and-greets but I accidentally walked through Pixie Hollow at night and saw a lovely water show and wandered into the Coronation Ceremony or whatever the stage show at the Princess Faire was. I used to folk dance so the little royal dance lesson and maypole part was kind of nice. I wanted to get out on the floor but that would have just been weird. Ha ha.

I've done almost all of DCA, except Flik's Flyers, Tuck and Roll, Red Car Trolley, Jumpin' Jellyfish and Grizzly River Run. I was there when Superstar Limo was in existence but never saw it open and I really wish I'd been able to go through at least once.

A ride I would normally pass but absolutely could not resist is King Triton's Carousel of the Sea, which I like to call "The Technicolor Twirler." Man, I haven't seen such color clash since the psychedelic-influenced children's programming of the early 70s. I have ridden on the back of a purple whale. And I am not insane. ;-)

• MaliBOOMer

Never rode the carousel.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Nic

King Triton's Carousel
    Astro Orbiter
    The Bakery Tour
    Disney Junior
    Great Moments w/ Mr. Lincoln
    Aladdin Musical
    Fantasmic
    Frontierland Shooting Exposition
    Jumpin' Jellyfish
    Luigi's Flying Tires
    Mark Twain
    Mickey's Fun Wheel
    Tom Sawyer's Island
    Radiator Springs Racers
    Red Car Trolley
    Redwood Challenge Trail
    Columbia
    Silly Symphony Swings
    Blue Sky Cellar
    Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast