Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Candy Cane Schedule

Can anybody experienced in getting a candy cane tell me how early you should arrive at the park?

• gadgets & gizmos aplenty

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    Can anybody experienced in getting a candy cane tell me how early you should arrive at the park?
    I second that!! I look forward to any and all advice, pics, etc.

As I'll be at the resort on the 24th/25th, I'm planning to arrive at 7am right as the lots open for parking, camp out at the gates, and cross my fingers I can power walk to Candy Palace (or Trolley Treats, pffft I'm not picky) fast enough!
    Wanna trade pins or power discs? PM me!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    Maybe things will be better this year since they will have more as they also use Trolley Treats to sell them.

This is something where people show up about 6am to be at security which opens at 6:30. Then wait at the gates until the park opens. You really want to be the first or really close to first at a gate. Also on the left in DL, though it will be right in DCA since that puts you on the side where the Candy Cane location will be.

I haven't timed this but I'd guess in about 10 minutes, the line at the store has formed and anyone getting in at 11minutes is too late. 120 people total will get a wriste band this year each day.

It's one of the craziest things at the park, and people do do a little jogging to get in the candy cane line.

Maybe this year it will at least feel calm, since with Trolley Treats making them on Tuesday and Saturdays this is twice as many Candy Canes being produced compared to when it was only at the Candy Palace.

---------- Post added 11-26-2012 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cris77 View Post
    As I'll be at the resort on the 24th/25th, I'm planning to arrive at 7am right as the lots open for parking, camp out at the gates, and cross my fingers I can power walk
    Assuming these are all 8am opening days, the other park will have EMH or MM in the case of DL. That being the case Mickey and Friends will open at 6:30am. You might want to drop people off on the Harbor side of the esplanade before parking and have the driver meet up at the gates.

• No Light, No Light

Last year, I did it early in the candy cane season, and I arrived 45 minutes before the park opened. By the time I got through security (which opened just 30 mins before the park), there were lots of people lined up on the left. I lined up on the right, where I was about 5th in line. I figured, why be the 50th in line on the left when I can get in right away and just have a little more ground to cover? The CMs scanned in the first 5-6 people in line early, so that we could just walk through the gate once the gates opened. I power walked to the candy store. At first, I was in the first quarter of the line, but people kept joining their friends and family at the beginning of the line. By the time the CMs put a stop to that, I was at the midpoint of the line, and got a wristband for the second batch.

This year, I will be sure to arrive at least an hour before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12