Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Candy Cane Schedule

A thread on Mouseplanet has the Candy Cane schedule. The schedule shows every Monday and Friday in Disneyland, and Tuesday and Saturday in DCA. Starting Nov. 23 and running through Dec. 25th. It would be interesting to see Candy Canes in both parks.
    Last edited by Kahuna; 11-20-2012 at 12:54 PM.

•   
    • Minion

Re: Candy Cane Schedule

I was wondering when we'd know about this! Thanks for posting it!

• a damsel not in distress

this might be a silly question, but is there something special about the candy canes (other than being disney candy canes)?

"oh, i just love happy endings!"

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^well you see them get made from scratch if I'm not mistaken and I'm guessing fresh Candy Canes taste just a little bit better

• Minion

Hopefully I can get one this year been trying for 2 years will be there on a Monday and Tuesday so twice the chance of getting just one

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

They are pretty big and handmade at the candy kitchen on the day you get them!

Name:  CandyCanes_121407_AVP_Sized.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  31.2 KB

I remember years ago, when they made fantastic chocolate fudge at the Kitchen. I check everytime I'm at the park, but they are never making it. Does anyone know if they make fudge anymore?

• Semi-Lurker

]I you can get them while they are slightly warm they are the best....

---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    They are pretty big and handmade at the candy kitchen on the day you get them!

Name:  CandyCanes_121407_AVP_Sized.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  31.2 KB
    This picture represents about 60 years of service between these 2 candymakers...

• Thrill Seeker

714-781-0112

Been calling it for over a year now just for fun. Seems like sometimes they forget to update the info. But if you ever need any info on what is being made in the candy kitchen there ya go

I've never managed to get a candy cane, but I'm definitely going to give it a try at Christmas time. Where exactly are the wrist bands given: at the turstiles or by the candy shop(s)? Love that DCA is offering canes as well, and I'm guessing the location is Trolley Treats?

With all due respect to both In the Parks and the Mouseplanet thread, the schedules don't match up!!!!!! Comparing the two date lists, Friday's In the Parks shows an extra sales day. Anybody have a definitive answer or do we just try our luck? (Not being sarcastic, just trying to plan my trip!)

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by cris77 View Post
    I've never managed to get a candy cane, but I'm definitely going to give it a try at Christmas time. Where exactly are the wrist bands given: at the turstiles or by the candy shop(s)? Love that DCA is offering canes as well, and I'm guessing the location is Trolley Treats?
    You go to the store right away, it can be crazy. You get your wriste band which tells you to come back later to pick it up. The wriste band reserves your candy cane for later purchase.

• Selfie Expert

Wow I had no idea they were so popular that they had wrist bands!! I'd really like to give this a shot, but since my December trip will be with a group of first-timers, I'm not sure they'd want to spend time waiting for candy canes. We shall see!

Are they only peppermint candy canes? Or do they have other flavors?

Thank you all for sharing this info!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

People will be lining up at the turnstiles, with lines typically longer on the left side (when facing the train station). Once they start letting people in, there will be lots of fast walkers and even some runners. Hurry to the candy store (I am not advocating running. I power-walked from the right-hand turnstiles and I was fine). Once you get to the candy store, there will already be a line forming. You may see lots of people cut in front of you, as friends and family join the runners in their party who were already in line. Hopefully, they have resolved this by now. Last year, it was reported that there was more of this on the first few dates, but as the candy cane season went on, the CMs were better able to control the line.

Anyway, they will make three batches, and you'll get a wristband for one of three pick-up times, depending on your place in line. Then, feel free to enjoy curtain drop and the rest of the park, but don't forget to watch them make a batch of candy canes! They even give away free samples -- and they're still warm!

If you want your candy cane while it's still warm, go to the counter before your designated pick-up time and let them know. They may warn you that it'll lose it's shape or something, but just let them know you're ok with that.

---------- Post added 11-24-2012 at 05:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Wow I had no idea they were so popular that they had wrist bands!! I'd really like to give this a shot, but since my December trip will be with a group of first-timers, I'm not sure they'd want to spend time waiting for candy canes. We shall see!

Are they only peppermint candy canes? Or do they have other flavors?

Thank you all for sharing this info!
    Well, the only waiting you'll do is before the park opens, so it's not like you'll be wasting time that could be spent on Space Mountain. You'll be one of the first in the park and you'll have your wristband before curtain drop. Just try to get to the park an hour before it opens.

Just peppermint. But it's really good.
    Last edited by The First Star; 11-24-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Thought I would post the candy cane schedule listed on this week's Dateline Disney. Even if there's a limit of one per person, I'm still looking forward to a warm freshly made candy cane!

For the first time this year, the candy canes will also be made at Disney
    California Adventure’s Trolley Treats. Below, the 2012 candy cane schedule for
    both parks.
    Candy
    Palace
    at Disneyland Park
    Trolley
    Treats
    at Disney California Adventure
    November 23, 26,
    December 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 23, 24
    November 24,
    December 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25

• Fun times

They taste fantastic! Definitely much better than any regular candy cane. The center is a hardened taffy type of texture, while the outside is a hard candy shell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast