Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Mistress of Evil

DLR Refurb List Updated - No Longer Lists BTMRR Refurb (1/7/2013 - 10/30/2013)

Does anyone know why? We were planning a quick trip on 1/2-4 to ride it before it goes down...Now I am wondering if it is necessary. Duh!...Of course it is...just wondering how much focus I need to put on BTMRR now.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...rbishments.pdf
    Last edited by GiRiMama33; 11-20-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added link

•   
    • Minion

Re: Dl Refurb List Updated - No Longer Lists BTMRR Refurb (1/7/2013 - 10/30/2013)

As much as I'd be glad to have BTMRR available in 2013, I am puzzled by this. If they really decided not to refurb it, I wonder why.

• The doctor is in

Re: Dl Refurb List Updated - No Longer Lists BTMRR Refurb (1/7/2013 - 10/30/2013)

That is odd.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• My Children's Father

Maybe Johnny was not available to model for the new AAs in his Tonto persona.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Minion

Hhhmm, very interesting.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• "I don't like the color"

Does this mean that Rainbow Ridge is saved for the time being???
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well....darn I want it to go down....new effects, better loading station and interactive Q with a story is worth it being down for 11 months

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Well....darn I want it to go down....new effects, better loading station and interactive Q with a story is worth it being down for 11 months
    There was no mention of Disneyland getting the backstory as well as the interactive queue, only WDW.

• My Children's Father

It'll probably still go down for 11 months, just not the same "11 months". Perhaps there is an issue with the timing or critical parts/materials that requires a delay in the start of construction.

Maybe for the earthquake effect they were going to have Twinkies rain down on riders ....
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"

It would be great news for us if the refurb really is postponed.

We went to WDW last Spring, and their BTMRR was down for refurb. A major bummer, since that is one or our favorite rides. We will be at DLR this coming Spring and were saddened to see that DLR's BTMRR was scheduled for its refurb. We only get to a park once a year, so it was looking like two straight years of no BTMRR was going to be it for us.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My Avatar: Duck vs. Monorail, Disneyland 3/18/11

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    It'll probably still go down for 11 months, just not the same "11 months". Perhaps there is an issue with the timing or critical parts/materials that requires a delay in the start of construction.

Maybe for the earthquake effect they were going to have Twinkies rain down on riders ....
    I would love that seeing as they are worth $5,000,000,000 on EBay......

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    I would love that seeing as they are worth $5,000,000,000 on EBay......
    That's why I said "... were going to have ..." Maybe they're waiting until Bimbo takes over Twinkie manufacturing (notice I didn't say "baking").

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post

This is a good possibility. Well... except for maybe the twinkie part... A couple of times I've heard of stuff falling off the rehab list then suddenly showing back up again. There are a lot of factors involved with an extensive rehab like this, and its possible a supplier or something was unable to for certain to get parts ready or something. I wouldn't write off the rehab just yet.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Team Hail HYDRA

I think someone hacked in the system

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• The doctor is in

It's probably as simple as a parts delay or something like that. Or a refurb on another ride is taking priority over it.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast