Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
  1. #16

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    456

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I'll say the same thing I said in the thread we had like 2 weeks ago on this subject: If they want to find room to add a new land based on this, I'm all for it. However I think it would be blasphemy to replace an existing land with it.

    This is like suggesting to replace Adventureland with Indiana Jones Land or Frontierland with Lone Ranger Land.
    You don't think it's already going that way? Has *anything* new been added that isn't tied to heavily marketed property? Are they not going to sell the heck out of Star Wars? I know they're not going to do nothing. And if there winds up being no 3rd gate, that leaves Tomorrowland unfortunately.

    I don't like it, but one needs to start getting used to the idea I think.

    Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

  2. #17

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    If Disney has a good plan to revamp the current Tomorrowland, then I do not want Star Wars Land. However, if it was an either or choice between current Tomorrowland and Star Wars Land, then I'd take Star Wars Land.

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    456

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    If Disney has a good plan to revamp the current Tomorrowland, then I do not want Star Wars Land. However, if it was an either or choice between current Tomorrowland and Star Wars Land, then I'd take Star Wars Land.
    I think their current good plant to revamp tomorrowland was Marvel Land. So would you rather have Stark Expo or Star Wars Land?

    Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

  4. #19

    • My Children's Father
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Island in the Sun
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    You don't think it's already going that way? Has *anything* new been added that isn't tied to heavily marketed property? Are they not going to sell the heck out of Star Wars? I know they're not going to do nothing. And if there winds up being no 3rd gate, that leaves Tomorrowland unfortunately.

    I don't like it, but one needs to start getting used to the idea I think.
    The third gate might not get built in my lifetime, but the company being in a position where "there winds up being no 3rd gate" would be a greater concern. The opposite of growth is death.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    I think their current good plant to revamp tomorrowland was Marvel Land. So would you rather have Stark Expo or Star Wars Land?
    Do you know this for certain?

  6. #21

    •   
    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Nyet. I'm of the opinion that the original "land" names are sacrosanct, and by changing over Tomorrowland to reflect only one property, you'd be knocking out a lot of other good ideas and a lot of existing rides that do not NEED a Star Wars re-theming, such as Space Mountain. I think it's only a matter of time before we get another Star Wars attraction of some sort, and before Marvel shows up in some fashion, but they should be incorporated into the existing Tomorrowland OR placed into a new land.

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    456

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    Do you know this for certain?
    Not for certain, but through deduction.

    I know that the suits have pretty much convinced every decision maker with Disney that Nemo is a colossal waste of money without being able to cycle nearly enough guests.

    I know that there are plans *already* drawn, and have been drawn for a while to take advantage of space already available plus innoventions plus Nemo. This is before LucasFilm was purchased.

    And I know that Disney has or had no intention of NOT taking full advantage of such lucrative properties as Iron Man etc.

    Nemo is a dead ride walking. It's just a question of when. Personally I hate this. I don't like the ride, but I absolutely love that part of the park for the kinetic energy one finds there with the intersection of so many parts (monorail, subs, autopia, matterhorn, and even the ghost track for the people mover). It's one of my favorite places in the entire park just because of the look and feel. BUT, I can't ignore the signs.

    Like the man says, if you love something, set it free.

    Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

  8. #23

    •   
    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,566

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    I love star wars more than disney brands but I would hate to lose a original land to a re-theme like this. If I had my wish Star Wars would get it;s own land in the third gate which would be like a studios park where they could house marvel/star wars/ and halloweentown (this way Jack and friends can have their own spot and free up the HM) or whatever. I would even remove star tours and move it there to pave the way for something like ATIS but obviously updated.
    Last edited by biggsworth; 11-20-2012 at 10:17 PM.

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Online

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,660

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    Not for certain, but through deduction.

    I know that the suits have pretty much convinced every decision maker with Disney that Nemo is a colossal waste of money without being able to cycle nearly enough guests.

    I know that there are plans *already* drawn, and have been drawn for a while to take advantage of space already available plus innoventions plus Nemo. This is before LucasFilm was purchased.

    And I know that Disney has or had no intention of NOT taking full advantage of such lucrative properties as Iron Man etc.

    Nemo is a dead ride walking. It's just a question of when. Personally I hate this. I don't like the ride, but I absolutely love that part of the park for the kinetic energy one finds there with the intersection of so many parts (monorail, subs, autopia, matterhorn, and even the ghost track for the people mover). It's one of my favorite places in the entire park just because of the look and feel. BUT, I can't ignore the signs.

    Like the man says, if you love something, set it free.
    As much as I want Nemo to be replaced by something else, Tony Baxter reported according to a thread a while back that the Subs would not be going for now. I know that Disney is probably looking to make the Innoventions space for a Marvel attraction, but that does not mean a Tomorrowland revamp has to be only Marvel. They can also have Wall-E, Tron, or even a nice original idea included in the revamp hopefully.

  10. #25

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    456

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by frollofan View Post
    As much as I want Nemo to be replaced by something else, Tony Baxter reported according to a thread a while back that the Subs would not be going for now. I know that Disney is probably looking to make the Innoventions space for a Marvel attraction, but that does not mean a Tomorrowland revamp has to be only Marvel. They can also have Wall-E, Tron, or even a nice original idea included in the revamp hopefully.
    For now being the operative phrase, and I agree. Disney has also been very clear that they are done with domestic spending for the short term. They've spent about $2 billion upgrading the two US parks, and have built 2 new cruise ships. Capital expenses will be limited for the near term. So nothing at all will be built for a few years at least. But it's just a question of time.

    I compare it to whatever technology there is out there that will replace Blu-Ray. It's there already. They're ready with it. But they can't put it out there yet because the public will go bonkers because we're still in the process of replacing our DVD's with Blu-Ray's. We have to be spoon fed sometimes. Same for Disney.

    If they start choppin up Tomorrowland tomorrow, it would be pandemonium. So they're going to float some rumors for now to see what we're in to, what we want, and plans will be finalized and permits filed etc. But no matter what happens, I'm very confident those plans will include a demo of Nemo and likely Autopia as well.

    Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

  11. #26

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,173

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    If I had my wish Star Wars would get it;s own land in the third gate which would be like a studios park where they could house marvel/star wars/ and halloweentown (this way Jack and friends can have their own spot and free up the HM) or whatever.
    I LOVE this idea! I hadn't thought of a Halloweentown... OMG.

    Anyway, as much as I love Star Wars, I have to say that I really don't want any lands renamed in Disneyland. It just seems... sinful. Illegal. Horrible! *overly dramatic sigh*

    I'd be happy to see more Star Wars related things in the park, though!

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  12. #27

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    You don't think it's already going that way? Has *anything* new been added that isn't tied to heavily marketed property? Are they not going to sell the heck out of Star Wars? I know they're not going to do nothing. And if there winds up being no 3rd gate, that leaves Tomorrowland unfortunately.

    I don't like it, but one needs to start getting used to the idea I think.
    Nothing new has been added to Disneyland lately because so much effort was needed at CA Adventure. Star Wars is already represented by a ride and a show in Tomorrowland. I doubt they would add anything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    I think their current good plant to revamp tomorrowland was Marvel Land.
    So far the only thing that is rumored is 1 ride, not an entire land. Rumored is the operative word here. Marvel may not come at all. There is nothing that has been officially announced.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  13. #28

    • ~
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    525

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Oh no, PLEASE no .... No, no, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by bisforbrittney View Post
    no, no, noooo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda View Post
    ... But do not under any circumstances change the theme of the lands at Disneyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan21 View Post
    Please no. I love star wars, but no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    No, just, no.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    This is like suggesting to replace Adventureland with Indiana Jones Land or Frontierland with Lone Ranger Land.
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    No. No. Hell no.
    And I think that this sums it up.

    And if this is the "inevitable" direction that Disneyland is headed, then I guess I'll be that dramatic MiceChatter that says it's one step closer to Disneyland losing everything that makes it special.

  14. #29

    • Heavy Breather
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    799

    Cool Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike View Post
    Let me guess, you are a Star Wars fan.....

    ---------- Post added 11-20-2012 at 03:29 PM ----------



    X2.

    Don't you just love these "Lets tear out so-and-so land and replace it with..." threads?
    How did you guess that??


    What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

    Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/









  15. #30

    • Down Pluto!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Altered State
    Posts
    3,999

    Re: Change Tomorrowland to "Star Wars Land"?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    I think their current good plant to revamp tomorrowland was Marvel Land. So would you rather have Stark Expo or Star Wars Land?
    With those two options - I would choose to leave Tomorrowland as it is. Better historic dysfunction than either Stark Expo or Star Wars Land.







    I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 07:06 PM
  2. [Idea] Star wars land (hong kong disneyland)
    By Mickey Mouse rocks in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2011, 04:36 PM
  3. [Idea] How About a Star Wars Land In DL?
    By DCAfanatic in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 09:37 PM
  4. Star Wars 'Land' in MGM?
    By KISSman in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 11:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •