Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Say bye-bye to a 11-12 year Annual Passholder...

Why can't anyone face it, the AP is here to stay. There are no signs of "dismantling" it or dissolving it. If anything, there is more push to promote it.
    Its a fantastic program.
    As one said above, higher prices will turn into higher frequencies (getting $$ worth). I totally agree. I do the same.
    my pass has "paid for itself" and by renewal time, it will have paid for itself twice.
    disneyland is a giant commercial, a living breathing advertisement cleverly disguised as a theme park.
    its a challenge to not buy anything in there... Or see a Disney product (film, etc) outside of there. They've gotchya from prior ticket purchase until.. Who knows... Death? The brand is SOLID in our everyday lives.

so, dropping a pseudo-reward program like the AP one, would be silly for them. Us APer's feel, despite costs, this is a reward we give ourselves, a reward made available by a place we love more than the average once a year vacationer, to a place we feel no shame in buying food and product at (even if its a bit more expensive and usually not necessary)

THEN add the bonus of the monthly payment option, and the "club" has expanded. A giant smile across the park.

When the costs hit $1000 per PAP, there will be some playing field leveling, but there will still be a large amount of players. And, if the AP rises, I'm sure gate costs will too.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Neff man View Post
    In 1983 the first AP's went on sell for $55, the price of a one day ticket was $11, so the break even point was 5 visits. Jump forward nearly 30 years and the Premimum Pass still has a break even point of 5 visits versus the Park Hopper ticket. So today's AP price is in line with the orginal AP's price when compare to the one day ticket price. So any complaints should be towards the cost of a one day ticket not the AP price.
    The payment plan is the means of Disney being able to continue to raise prices with a lot less risk of customer revolt, because as shocking as $649 looks, the cost looks a whole lot easier to swallow when divided by 12.
    PersonallY i find the cost of my AP a better deal than what i am paying for tv or my mobil phone.

I agree!

• Rock Star Minion

A truer rewards program would be better for the park. That is where my focus lies.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

The AP has many perks, discounts and special events.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    Yup, 20% of merch and 15% off dining can really add up to savings. I ate at Blue Bayou for a party of 6 and got almost $20 off with my PAP discount. And merch discounts can be just as good. I got Xmas gifts at DCA and got my 20% off...

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Why can't anyone face it, the AP is here to stay.
    I remember the good old days of the ticket books. I remember thinking the same thing about that.

Oh well...

• Seeker of Fun

I say good again. My family didn't renew this year either..and we're 8 hours away. I hope the AP program continues to increase until either: 1. The price of an AP reflects true admission cost, or 2. It goes away.

Make everyone pay a true, per day/use admission fee. Crowds will decrease. Are we planning our next Disney trip? Yes, just not as AP'ers.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Under that tree again!

In another thread, the one about the blockout ticket costs, I had look at passes for ski areas. Seeing some of thier perks for Passholders, Disney by far has them beat.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I say good again. My family didn't renew this year either..and we're 8 hours away. I hope the AP program continues to increase until either: 1. The price of an AP reflects true admission cost, or 2. It goes away.

Make everyone pay a true, per day/use admission fee. Crowds will decrease. Are we planning our next Disney trip? Yes, just not as AP'ers.

There is absolutely no reason to eliminate the AP.

and how... Can you determine what "true admission" cost is in a reflected AP? What is the number you're suggesting?

$650 for PAP is a great price for 12 visits annually. No denying that. Even at 8 visits, compounded with the "perks"... Great.
    If the price jumps another $200, is that closer to a "true admission" cost? Still lost on that.

As an out of state PAP holder, I can honestly say that it's one of the best deals for us. We visit SoCal often and having the passes allows us to enter the park on a whim, when friends decide to go, meet friends for dinner, etc.. Anytime, any day. That is what we paid for, the luxury of a whim.

Again, I doubt any of us will see the AP program dissolve. I would bet it will evolve into a much more appealing plan in the next few years.

• Sock Puppet

^ if u times 12 months to the actual cost of a 1 day park hopper ( 87 plus 87 dollars) umm it is way more then $649. so the PAP is a deal. they give you that much discount with extra perks.. and i highly doubt the AP program will go away.. it's a big money maker for DLR

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    ^ if u times 12 months to the actual cost of a 1 day park hopper ( 87 plus 87 dollars) umm it is way more then $649. so the PAP is a deal. they give you that much discount with extra perks.. and i highly doubt the AP program will go away.. it's a big money maker for DLR
    Based on going only once a month:
    parking: $15 each time= $180.
    So $649.00 - $180.00 = $469.00
    $469 divided by 12 = $39.08
    so only $39.00 to go once a month to both parks.
    Not counting the discounts on food and merchandise.
    As well as the few othe perks that Disney has just for AP. (if you sign up and make the cut)

We go at least twice a month, sometimes go as often as twice a week.

For us $649.00 is a magical deal.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    As well as the few othe perks that Disney has just for AP. (if you sign up and make the cut)

its brilliant however you slice it!

• A Dark Future

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post

And you nailed it. If I could go once a month for $39 a person, I'd be all over that. It really is a sweet deal, even at $649. I like to compare Disneyland prices to other things I normally do. Ski resorts, golf courses, and other things have prices similar (and a lot of times greater) than Disneyland's prices. It comes down to how much are you willing to pay for the luxuries you enjoy? Because that's exactly what Disneyland is.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Seeker of Fun

I'm not saying I think it will go away necessarily. But the points made above catch what I'm trying to say. The value for what you get is incredible, even with the new price increases. Compare it to any other activity, and it's a steal. Or look at it like this: How many admission days do you receive per AP, 315 for Deluxe. Divide the cost by that and it reflects the true cost of admission. Cheap!!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

I agree that the prices have become to exorbitant. When I was single, I used to get passports so I could hang out and people watch as well as enjoy the atmosphere that only Disney can create. I didn't feel like I had to get on every ride and do everything to get my hard-earned money's worth because Lord knows when I would be able to afford to go back again. Then I stopped, got married, and my wife and I purchased one each for our 1st year anniversary. It was great for those same reasons for both of us. Price increased and we had to stop. Then we had twins and the cost of going was just too great. We limited it to just on their birthday (in July). We could no longer afford to go on our birthdays or during our favorite time in October (anniversary). It's been 14 years since we had passports, and I'm going to try and get some this year (to, again, avoid the feeling of having to spend the entire day at the park to get our money's worth...especially with twins), but at about $2,600 for a family of four this will most likely be a one-shot deal. We love Disneyland (our 8-year olds like it better than Disneyworld because it's not so spread out), but we are now truly priced out of this theme park...and that kinda sucks. We'd go more often if we could, but at these prices we will definitely be missing out on a whole lot of fun-filled Disney events.