Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Say bye-bye to a 11-12 year Annual Passholder...

Quote Originally Posted by DJS View Post
    As an APer, I can walk into any of the Disney shops and consider the high ticket product even more freely than if I were a once a year tourist. Lets say, and I have... Lets say I see something I adore... It's $XXX ... It's not a must have ... But a want. As an AP... I get the $% discount... It's so much easier to impulsively grab these "things".

Now, that is just another little perk (an incentive to buy an AP) that makes holding an AP so much more satisfying.
    This is so true. I got all my Xmas gifts from the parks and must have saved at least $150 from my PAP discount. That savings is what made me gift shop at Disney and not the mall.

• Disney fan

[QUOTE=JMazz;1056870188]
    Not to sound crass, but I am pretty sure that Disney is relying on ppl like the OP to just give up. They aren't trying to *only* reduce the # of APs, they are trying to reduce the #s of all types of entry into the parks.

Then why do they facilitate the easier AP experience with monthly payments?

• Banned User

[QUOTE=rwsmith;1056889794]
    Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Not to sound crass, but I am pretty sure that Disney is relying on ppl like the OP to just give up. They aren't trying to *only* reduce the # of APs, they are trying to reduce the #s of all types of entry into the parks.

Then why do they facilitate the easier AP experience with monthly payments?
    It's all non AP propaganda. Getting an AP is easy as plunking down the $86 per AP and having a mailing address w/SoCal zip code.

its a trivial conversation that keeps trying to become a debate that falls down into an argument.

But, it's amusing.

I sure hope there aren't people arguing that Disney doesn't want AP's because non-AP holders spend more? That is like saying more days than not the Disney parks turn people away because of capacity. That would be the ONLY way that argument would hold any water. So let's say they do away with the AP program and let's just pick a percentage on an average day as to AP vs Non AP guests. So let's say 30% are AP. Am i to assume that those 30% will be replaced each day by non AP holders? That's insane! The ONLY thing that will happen is that the attendance will go down and the revenue will in turn go down and all the upgrades are park maintenance and new attractions will, in turn, go down.

• Sock Puppet

As an APer, I can walk into any of the Disney shops and consider the high ticket product even more freely than if I were a once a year tourist. Lets say, and I have... Lets say I see something I adore... It's $XXX ... It's not a must have ... But a want. As an AP... I get the $% discount... It's so much easier to impulsively grab these "things".

Now, that is just another little perk (an incentive to buy an AP) that makes holding an AP so much more satisfying.

i know what you mean! that Barrel purse by D&B $150. but the AP discount makes the deal even better let alone $150 is a good deal!! i don't need that purse, i want it..and i also gave xmas gifts from Disneyland this year because of the discount i got

Quote Originally Posted by mine,mine,mine View Post
    Based on going only once a month:
    parking: $15 each time= $180.
    So $649.00 - $180.00 = $469.00
    $469 divided by 12 = $39.08
    so only $39.00 to go once a month to both parks.
    Not counting the discounts on food and merchandise.
    As well as the few othe perks that Disney has just for AP. (if you sign up and make the cut)

We go at least twice a month, sometimes go as often as twice a week.

For us $649.00 is a magical deal.
    Of course, that's if you truly believe that a 1-day pass is WORTH $87... in my opinion, it is not worth anything near that.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBono24 View Post
    Of course, that's if you truly believe that a 1-day pass is WORTH $87... in my opinion, it is not worth anything near that.
    makes no difference what one believes when paying for it,

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBono24 View Post
    The analysis shows that someone planning to go that often should purchase an AP. Nothing more or less.

Questions that should be asked are:
    1. If DL cost $30 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go?
    2. If DL cost $40 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go?
    3. If DL cost $50 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go?
    4. If DL cost $60 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go?
    5. If DL cost $70 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go?
    6. If DL cost $80 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go?

Etc.
    For each person, some max price is his/her limit and won't go.

I'd like to know what price would deliver, say, 50,000 people to the park on an October (randomly picked month) Saturday. Then, we can see how much money is lost on the $39 crowd.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

Hypothetically...
    1. If DL cost $30 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go? 10
    2. If DL cost $40 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go?5
    3. If DL cost $50 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go? 4
    4. If DL cost $60 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go? 3
    5. If DL cost $70 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go? 2
    6. If DL cost $80 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go? 2

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    1. If DL cost $30 to enter (no AP option), how often would you go?
    It's interesting that you should phrase it this way, since back in the Ticket Book days, there actually used to be a basic Park admission price ($2.00 in 1966 according to Yesterland; that's $14.21 in 2012 dollars) that didn't include admission to any attractions (except the free attractions & exhibits, of which there were a few, like CircleVision 360 and the Carousel of Progress, as well as the free entertainments like the big bands at Carnation Gardens and the Golden Horseshoe Revue). This was to allow folks access to the Park for shopping or dining purposes or for special events, or for those folks who wanted to enjoy the Park, but weren't interested in going on any of the attractions for whatever reason (such as a senior citizen who was beyond their thrill ride years). Since there were not only ticket books available at the Main Gate but also ticket booths in each land, if a Park Guest who had purchased basic admission to the Park changed their mind about a particular attraction and wanted to experience it (for example, Pirates of the Caribbean, or It's A Small World, or Flight to the Moon, or the DLRR, or the Omnibus, or the Skyway), they could purchase a ticket for it at that land's ticket booth.

It wasn't the most commonly chosen option, of course, and eventually, partially thanks to the popularity of Magic Mountain's one-price, all-access pass ticketing method (which began when that park opened in 1971), the thinking behind Park admissions started changing, and the Disneyland Passport was introduced, and individual attraction ticketing and ticket books were faded out by the early 1980s. I always thought it was a shame that General Park Admission was discontinued, since it was always a nice option to have for a wide variety of reasons, not the least of which is that it was an extremely affordable way to enter the Park. Instead, APs were introduced, which not only, as we have seen, has led to an increase of crowding (how many local resident AP holders have gone to the Park for just a few hours and not gone on even ONE ride?), but has also reduced the overall affordability of Disneyland for the casual & infrequent visitor (an AP is a minor investment, designed with frequent visitors in mind).
    Last edited by Retrocool; 01-09-2013 at 06:24 PM.

• some assembly required

It's all non AP propaganda. Getting an AP is easy as plunking down the $86 per AP and having a mailing address w/SoCal zip code.

its a trivial conversation that keeps trying to become a debate that falls down into an argument.

But, it's amusing.

I am not a purveyor of propaganda in regards to the AP or any other topic. Nor am I a follower of such propaganda. Nor am I a witless victim of any propaganda you may be reading online.
    I am a micechatter who thinks the AP program needs some help in the very near future. I think the AP program needs tweeking, but I am not against it.

If you took the time to read my thoughts on the topic and not randomly lash out with an attack wherever you think it may be appropriate, you would see that your post is quite off the mark.

In fact, you are so off the mark about me and my POV of the AP program that I am giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you took the time to answer RWSmiths' question to my post above simply to make a douchesque remark and get back upon to your imaginary stage again...
    THAT IS AMUSING b/c it falls in line with your financial-flaunting remarks on past pages in this thread (congratz to your PAP status), the DB-ish way you posted (with the mic drop et al), and your insults to others within different threads of this site (I'm surprized you haven't been stopped yet).

You need to point your insults to someone else and somewhere else...
    And if you'd like, we can disscuss it vis--vis; I'm in Green Valley on a regular basis. I can show you how to reel in your showmanship a bit to a less abrasive level and be respectful of others to make you a better person in your everyday life. In fact, it's what I do as part of my career. It is so nice that you are conveniently located!

Now, RWSmith...
    To answer your question: "Then why do they facilitate the easier AP experience with monthly payments?"

What I posted back on page one or two (about how Disney is expecting more ppl to do what the OP is doing), I didn't mean every APer; they would have no one left in the parks on some days! I know Disney wants ppl who will spend within their parks. So if someone cannot deal with the AP program, even if thru payments, Disney probably doesn't want them trampling all over the resort "taking up space" for a majority of days per year.
    I also mentioned that they were trying to pull in quality guests (I've said it in the numerous threads on this topic). Guests who will spend. And in this thread, I made it quite clear in the post you quoted, that it wasn't limited to just APs. This is what I know from the research I have done here, there, and everywhere. I am no expert, but then again, most of us on a forum online are not experts. I hope this clarifies my POV and answers your question.

Just for the record, I don't think "quality guest" = "a spending guest". IMO, "quality guest" = "a respectful guest"... but that's a different topic.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    I am not a purveyor of propaganda in regards to the AP or any other topic. Nor am I a follower of such propaganda. Nor am I a witless victim of any propaganda you may be reading online.
    I am a micechatter who thinks the AP program needs some help in the very near future. I think the AP program needs tweeking, but I am not against it.

If you took the time to read my thoughts on the topic and not randomly lash out with an attack wherever you think it may be appropriate, you would see that your post is quite off the mark.

In fact, you are so off the mark about me and my POV of the AP program that I am giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you took the time to answer RWSmiths' question to my post above simply to make a douchesque remark and get back upon to your imaginary stage again...
    THAT IS AMUSING b/c it falls in line with your financial-flaunting remarks on past pages in this thread (congratz to your PAP status), the DB-ish way you posted (with the mic drop et al), and your insults to others within different threads of this site (I'm surprized you haven't been stopped yet).

You need to point your insults to someone else and somewhere else...
    And if you'd like, we can disscuss it vis--vis; I'm in Green Valley on a regular basis. I can show you how to reel in your showmanship a bit to a less abrasive level and be respectful of others to make you a better person in your everyday life. In fact, it's what I do as part of my career. It is so nice that you are conveniently located!

Now, RWSmith...
    To answer your question: "Then why do they facilitate the easier AP experience with monthly payments?"

What I posted back on page one or two (about how Disney is expecting more ppl to do what the OP is doing), I didn't mean every APer; they would have no one left in the parks on some days! I know Disney wants ppl who will spend within their parks. So if someone cannot deal with the AP program, even if thru payments, Disney probably doesn't want them trampling all over the resort "taking up space" for a majority of days per year.
    I also mentioned that they were trying to pull in quality guests (I've said it in the numerous threads on this topic). Guests who will spend. And in this thread, I made it quite clear in the post you quoted, that it wasn't limited to just APs. This is what I know from the research I have done here, there, and everywhere. I am no expert, but then again, most of us on a forum online are not experts. I hope this clarifies my POV and answers your question.

Just for the record, I don't think "quality guest" = "a spending guest". IMO, "quality guest" = "a respectful guest"... but that's a different topic.
    Take it easy fella.

I have to be honest, the price of a ticket is not the main reason I don't go to DL. I can afford the ticket price.

It is the insane crowds that drive me away from that place. (And no, due to work, I can't go on the weekdays)

Crowds 1. Prices 2.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516