Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• We Want The Redhead

Re: Say bye-bye to a 11-12 year Annual Passholder...

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    If you're getting a season pass, Disney isn't simply taking your money. You're getting (if I assume it's a premium) 365 days you can visit the resort without any block outs
    While Disney still advertises the PAP as having no blackout dates, anyone who holds one has seen the number of days that one is able to stay for a FULL day knows this is simply no longer true. A PAP no longer assures attendance at Halloween events, and apparently the future looks bleak for holiday time as well.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Goofy

my ap will expire in march of next year and this is my last christmas season for me at disneyland this year. ( sighs). sign of the times

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBono24 View Post
    After 11 (or could be 12?) years as an AP... I'm finally NOT renewing my pass this time. They've jacked up the price numerous times, and we've paid without complaint.

This last price hike is just RIDICULOUS though... and NO discounts for long-time passholders either. They just think they can take your money every year without ANY incentive for being a passholder for more than a decade.

Well that's it, I'm DONE. They aren't getting any more of my money.

Can't even get on the damn rides anyway... every time we go (even on weekdays) the Cars Land rides are 1-hour waits.
    Not to be rude or anything, but Disney has provided you a great discount to visit there parks for the last 12 years, they are not required too. Everyone recieved a price increase. Visiting Disneyland is a privilege, not a right, it isn't a nesscity to go there. I pay for two premium annual passes and I have no issue doing so, it's more than worth it. I'd rather have an annual pass program than nothing at all. It truly is an incredible deal, have you looked at the priced of admission for one day? Ad the price or parking, believe me when I say your saving money to visits a park as many times as you would like. You've most likely visited Disneyland hundreds of times over the last 12 years, multiple that by the daily rate for each of those years, it's going to be thou sounds more, Disney has already done you a favor. I think your undervaluing how much Disneyland is worth to visit and how much most people will pay to go there. These billion dollar land expansions aren't free todo.

Gas used to be $0.99 a gallon when you first started getting passes, now it's $4, Disneys not charging you 4x the price for A annual passport to get in are they ?

Quote Originally Posted by jchris1987 View Post
    I agree that the prices are getting a little too high, but as far as being along time member and wanting a discount isn't a fair question to ask. My parents and I have been shopping at Costco for over 12 years and I wouldn't dare ask them for a discount or something free. This type of thing comes up a lot at cell phone companies. People want a "free" phone just because they've been with a cell phone company for so long (i.e. Sprint). It just doesn't work that way. Hate to see a fellow APer go though.
    What I really meant was to renew at last year's price, or have a smaller price increase if you've been with them a long time.

I would renew at last year's price if I could... I can afford the new prices, it's just a matter of principle. Not worth it when we only go once/twice a month, and usually only for a few hours each time.

• Banned User

I have to say "so what" to an hour long wait to ride RSR. Jump in the single rider line. Big whoop. To me, your complaints sound like whining. Sorry.
    I also believe that the payment plan is how Disney Resorts expand a certain fairness to their loyalist fans. The price hikes are not that bad, they fit the value...to anyone who visits the parks at least once a month, which is the point. Right?
    The parks make their quotas based on attendance. Kind of like a website makes a few bucks on hits.
    the AP has allowed me and my wife to visit as often as we always wanted to. So now we do as much as we can. Being out of state, it gives us incentive to spend money outside our neighborhood.

• Selfie Expert

I definitely am not a fan of the price increases, but I guess my decision all came down to numbers. I live in AZ, so I can't get a ton of use from an AP, but I figured if I'm going to visit the park enough times that I save money on tickets overall, it's worth the price. I don't have a Premium AP since we always park at our hotel then walk over, so we come out ahead on the cost of our AP after just a few visits. Since the payment plan is not available to non-CA residents, having the money up front can be a hurdle to out-of-staters.

Anyway, I hope you're still able to enjoy a few trips to Disneyland in the next year, AP or not!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I'm not renewing either. My pass is up January 13. I could renew. It's not the money. It's the value. The value just isn't there for me anymore.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

We go once a year, maybe twice and stay five days. I've never felt cheated, Disneyland is an incredible value.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm not renewing either. Disneyland's overall quality has slipped way too low by now to justify having to waste so much money on it.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

We are also not renewing when ours expire on December 16th. We can afford it, but realized that all we did was go to Disneyland because we wanted to feel like we got our moneys worth. So we literally did nothing else. We are taking the year off to visit others places, go camping, the works. Many here will say, good less people for my visit, to anyone who makes this decision. Which might be true

Of course, god forbid someone mentions because of the price and then they earn a personal attack(your whining, how dare you think its too expensive, etc). While our daughter loves the parks, we are looking forward to visiting the zoos, aquariums, other parks, camping, fishing, beaches, museums, festivals, and all the amazing things we have available in Southern California. We might be back, but probably not until 2014, after we see what they do with certain events next year.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

•   

Gas used to be $0.99 a gallon when you first started getting passes, now it's $4, Disneys not charging you 4x the price for A annual passport to get in are they ?
    Actually in 2000, gas prices were around $1.60

So gas has doubled since 2000, Premium passes have more than tripled (though there is now a 2nd gate).

2000 Disneyland Pricing:
    An adult Disneyland ticket was raised to $41, and the price for children 3 to 11 went to $31. (2012 pricing: $87)
    Premium Passport (valid year round, 365...) was $199.00 (2012 pricing: $649)

Even with the PAP at $649, if you go just once a month, it breaks down to $54 a visit which is still better than a single day park hopper price of $125.

I guess it depends on what the perceived value is to the customer. A lot of people this May (I am guessing probably 25% of current PAPs) will go the same way as the OP and flip Disney the bird on their large price hike. I will be one of those, but I have no regrets. They have every right to charge what they want, and we can either buy it or not. I have been a PAP holder for 5 years and need a break from the parks because they are becoming too familiar. I will though, probably rejoin the AP ranks when my grandkids get to the age to enjoy the parks fully.

• Sock Puppet

As a pass holder of over twenty years, I agree the value of the annual pass has gone down. This is mostly due to the number of annual passes Disney has sold. There is rarely an uncrowded day at the resort. On many days almost a million people are eligible to enter the parks. If just ten percent of those folks show up then the other 90% are out of luck. Even if you get in the crowds are so bad it is difficult to enjoy the resort. No matter what pass you have you are not assured admission. I cannot think of any other business that we would tolerate over selling capacity by 800% or more.
    Last edited by RAMKAM; 11-21-2012 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Math error

• Not on the Jedi Council

I bought my Ralph's card to renew for this year (to keep my pass going to Jan 2014), but I know I have barely gone this year compared to last year. I also know that most parks in the area give full passes with parking for $160 or so.

Disney can charge what they want, I can decide to go or not.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well I thought this was my last year....but D23 is next year.....and I'm like well it's either get a ticket or a pass....so I guess I'll get a ticket then upgrade

• former CM

I'd be up for a 7-visits-(in 1 year)-for-$300 pass,
    with current Deluxe AP blockout dates,
    parking not included,
    no food or merchandise discounts
    & no Park Hopping.

That's about how much I like Disneyland. No more, no less.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast