Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Re: Say bye-bye to a 11-12 year Annual Passholder...

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    We go once a year, maybe twice and stay five days. I've never felt cheated, Disneyland is an incredible value.
    Seconded. I can go to Knotts for 1/8th the price, but I choose not to. Disney is that good at that they do, in my opinion.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I'd be up for a 7-visits-(in 1 year)-for-$300 pass,
    with current Deluxe AP blockout dates,
    parking not included,
    no food or merchandise discounts
    & no Park Hopping.

That's about how much I like Disneyland. No more, no less.
    So, about $42 per visit? Sounds about right.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Sock Puppet

i never feel cheated from Disneyland either. I pay a hefty price to play in the park with out block out dates(assuming also a premium pass holder) and get food and merch discounts. I don't think that i feel entitled to having the red carpet rolled out just cause i am a annual pass holder no matter how long i been one. You are giving up your pass, okay so that's fine, you are allowed..but like it was mentioned
    Bingo! They don't think they can take your money. They know they will. It might not be your money but somebody's money will be quickly replacing yours.
    . but in return we do however as AP-ers do get first hand to sneak peeks, give-ways and shows and tickets to things like the Halloween party--us AP- ers get discounted price for that. so when you say you don't get any discounts for being a AP holder, i just don't get that statement.

• Hooterville, USA

I'm not renewing either.

To me, DL is becoming a lot like the 5 freeway. You're surprised when it isn't crowded!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

I believe we have been to the parks 10 days this past 8 of our AP 12 months so far. I think we've fully enjoyed our visits without having to cram it all in, in a day. We will probably get the the parks at least 4 more times before its time to renew. It's a value we enjoy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBono24 View Post
    After 11 (or could be 12?) years as an AP... I'm finally NOT renewing my pass this time. They've jacked up the price numerous times, and we've paid without complaint.
    And now you won't pay and you complain.

This last price hike is just RIDICULOUS though... and NO discounts for long-time passholders either. They just think they can take your money every year without ANY incentive for being a passholder for more than a decade.
    Isn't the incentive the rides, attractions, and shows? It was never the price alone.

Well that's it, I'm DONE. They aren't getting any more of my money.

Can't even get on the damn rides anyway... every time we go (even on weekdays) the Cars Land rides are 1-hour waits.
    Hmmm. You get on the rides after waiting an hour. You have all the time in the world. As for RSR, the lines will get better in another 2 to 3 years. By then, you're be ready to continue the AP again. I haven't renewed for over 5 years, but I'm always on the hunt for a reason. That reason hasn't arrived yet.

Disney doesn't deserve your money. They have to earn it. It is strange that you assume they deserve your money if they cater to you with lower prices and shorter waits. If that's what you want, you're not talking about Disneyland.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBono24 View Post
    What I really meant was to renew at last year's price, or have a smaller price increase if you've been with them a long time.

I would renew at last year's price if I could... I can afford the new prices, it's just a matter of principle. Not worth it when we only go once/twice a month, and usually only for a few hours each time.
    Not trying to gang up on you friend, but... You have been getting wide-open access to both parks for the price you paid. If you only chose to visit once per month, and only for a few hours, that was your choice and it sounds like you probably shouldn't have been purchasing an AP if that was all the time you wanted to spend there.

Even still, you received a huge discount off the $85 ticket price even with only a month visit. Your monthly payment was far less than $85. And again, if you only stay for a few hours per visit that's your decision, not Disney's fault.

It sounds like it's time for you to move on and explore all the other cool stuff in SoCal, some of which is free or much less expensive than Disneyland, and some of the entertainment in SoCal is much more expensive than Disneyland. But it's out there waiting.

The Resort has had record attendance since June 15th. This week has been a nightmare operationally and logistically for CM's and Guests alike, due to the huge crowds each day. There will be more price increases on AP's and tickets alike because of that. It's supply and demand working in a free market economy. You can choose not to use the product if you like.

Quite frankly, the Resort could use lower attendance across the board. We can't keep up like this.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

I've been a pass holder for years and I have found the last few years more and more difficult to buy a pass due to regular price increase. BUT, I go without a trip for a few months and I start to get itchy. I really can't NOT go so it's an expensive habit that I'll have to figure a way to afford.

Just out of curiosity, to those not renewing. Are you still going to be coming to MiceChat and reading and participating in the forums? Won't it be difficult to have input or even know what is going on without ever going to the park again? You don't think reading all the posts will make you miss Disneyland and want to go again? So if you are quitting Disneyland are you also quitting MiceChat?
    As far as refusing to pay the price just out of principle, who are you really punishing, Disneyland or yourself? Disneyland won't care if you don't go back, I am sure other people will go instead of you, but you are the one that will be missing out on all the magic that is Disneyland.
    It is just like when I read forums or comments on new sites of people who state they are going to ban Disney company. I always say good luck, you will end up sitting in a dark room somewhere by yourself, it is impossible to completely ban Disney they have so many things it is impossible not to give them money some how. So why not renew and enjoy the park? Heck even you said you go 1-2 times a month. If you go that often then it will pay for itself within 3 months with parking and discounts as well as entrance. then it will be like getting 9 months free plus discounted prices for food and shopping.
    Me and my wife are going to renew as PAP we have been going for about 12 years now and we really enjoy going for just a few hours, especially after a bad day at work. it is nice to just go and relax and walk around sometimes we go for a few hours and not even go on any rides (not even the tram most of the time we walk back and forth to the parking structure). We will just get an ice cream or drink and walk around and enjoy the environment, so really think about what you are giving up...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    I'm not renewing either.

To me, DL is becoming a lot like the 5 freeway. You're surprised when it isn't crowded!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Disney doesn't deserve your money. They have to earn it. It is strange that you assume they deserve your money if they cater to you with lower prices and shorter waits. If that's what you want, you're not talking about Disneyland.
    --yeah that doesn't sound like disneyland at all, that sounds like a mythical magical theme park to me. i agree with you StevenW. Such theme park like this does not exist, at least not that i found.

reality is that we AAAALLLL pay a hefty price to play for a whole year in the happiest place on earth and get unlimited use of rides, attractions and shows whenever we feel fit. And for as long as i can hold out, Disney will get my money.If the op doesn't want to give them another cent, so be it, that's his or her decision.Not like Disney is going to suffer,but i wouldn't just throw the towel in real quick just yet, i'd think about the actions involved with giving up a AP after X amount of years.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 11-21-2012 at 04:39 PM.

it's funny how different we as people are. From one individual to the next. I read this thread and see a lot of anger an resentment. Yet I own a premium pass, and every time I go to the park, I feel gratitude for what Disney offers. I know it's expensive, but they provide something nobody else in the world can duplicate. Not that my opinion is correct, just sayin...

Walk your own path and be happy about it

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBakedDisney View Post
    it's funny how different we as people are. From one individual to the next. I read this thread and see a lot of anger an resentment. Yet I own a premium pass, and every time I go to the park, I feel gratitude for what Disney offers. I know it's expensive, but they provide something nobody else in the world can duplicate. Not that my opinion is correct, just sayin...

Walk your own path and be happy about it

no anger in my posts here in this thread! i appreciate my pass fully! i don't need the red carpet of treatment rolled out to me just cause i have a ap holder. and for 4 years.

One less Raider fan in the park.
    Seriously though, Disney is manipulating its attendees by pricing out those that might spend less. They don't seem to have a problem with attendance overall. We all complain about over-crowding but would you say the APs are the issue here? The AP's are taking up parking spots. The APs are camping out for Fantasmic and leaving blankets on the ground for hours. APs are overcrowding the park as they visit once a week or more. Some APs don't spend enough in the parks. Call it a filter. Call it a purge. This is not simply a price increase. It's a manipulation of its attendees.
    With kind regards,
    The Tony

• Sock Puppet

It's usually us Ap holders that get the finger pointed at, but it's not us all the time .. ..

• Former Cast Member

I have been a ap holder ever since 1986, when the cost was $69 with no black out dates, sure miss those days. My wife and I made the mistake of renewing this past July for the $625 price (or whatever it is) and we do not go as much as we used to, so there is the factor that this was not a good expenditure at all. The crowds ruin our fun, for the most part, for even attempting to go on any attractions (Lincoln being the only easily accessible attraction). Lately, our typical visit is around 1 - 1 1/2 hours and then we leave. To me that is not worth the cost factor. So I think we also will probably put an end to our AP adventure.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast