Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Say bye-bye to a 11-12 year Annual Passholder...

After 11 (or could be 12?) years as an AP... I'm finally NOT renewing my pass this time. They've jacked up the price numerous times, and we've paid without complaint.

This last price hike is just RIDICULOUS though... and NO discounts for long-time passholders either. They just think they can take your money every year without ANY incentive for being a passholder for more than a decade.

Well that's it, I'm DONE. They aren't getting any more of my money.

Can't even get on the damn rides anyway... every time we go (even on weekdays) the Cars Land rides are 1-hour waits.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Say bye-bye to a 11-12 year Annual Passholder...

Name:  I-know-that-feel-bro_zps265e9300.jpg
Views: 3047
Size:  25.3 KB

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBono24 View Post
    Can't even get on the damn rides anyway... every time we go (even on weekdays) the Cars Land rides are 1-hour waits.
    Yea, cause it just opened a few months ago and people are excited... of course the waits would be long. Disneyland isn't just Cars Land though, I find it hard to believe that the waits would be super long for every attraction on a weekday.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

I can tell you what surprises me about Disneyland these days. Any day, any day at all, that it's not busy. Weekdays are no exception. But I hate to see people losing their vigor for the park. It bums me out big time.

Find our trip report videos on Youtube at FreshBakedDisney. Find our blog at www.freshbakeddisney.com.

• some assembly required

This Monday, as in yesterday, A MONDAY, DL hit it's biggest crowd to date since the CL opening (according to Al). So yeah, I get what the OP is saying, but at the same time, I am blown away at the popularity of the whole resort.

Not to sound crass, but I am pretty sure that Disney is relying on ppl like the OP to just give up. They aren't trying to *only* reduce the # of APs, they are trying to reduce the #s of all types of entry into the parks. With demand that high, can you blame them? Profits aside, DL was never intended to host the numbers we are seeing in the past 10 years. The old infrastructure is a major concern to TDA.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

And yet they keep catering to the AP's with things like the Candlelight seating....

But I can relate.... my pass expired in October because it hit my personal ceiling of the price I was willing/able to pay. I hope to someday have and AP again but its going to be a while.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

know the feeling ours expired this past August but my parents are thinking of renewing them this upcoming trip just needed to take a break and save up a bit but will pay off in the long run in our situation. So are you going to turn to other theme parks?

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBono24 View Post

They just think they can take your money every year without ANY incentive for being a passholder for more than a decade.

Bingo! They don't think they can take your money. They know they will. It might not be your money but somebody's money will be quickly replacing yours.

The crowds don't really bother us but for us it's the cost/value ratio. We are from out of state with Premium passes for years. We try to come out every couple months or so. We love Cars Land but it's not enough to make up for the constant breakdowns (Indy, Space Mountain) and the whole vibe has changed. It used to feel like you were in the best run place in the world. Now... not so much. I have tons of examples of little things that really add up to big things.
    I think a year or two off will give us a fresh perspective.

• Minion

If you're getting a season pass, Disney isn't simply taking your money. You're getting (if I assume it's a premium) 365 days you can visit the resort without any block outs, merchandise and food discounts. You also mention that you're not getting any discount for being a long-term pass holder. When I worked at a local shop I had countless customers ask me for a discount just because they either a) bought a lot of products at that visit or b) have shopped at that location for years. I don't think visiting or spending money at a location should give anyone entitlement to any sort of discount. People spend money and visit somewhere often because they enjoy the product. Disney is a premium product, therefore it comes at a premium price. I do agree that Disney did increase prices by a large margin, but I feel this is the price that it should be at. There are some people, like yourself, where there will come a point where they feel that the product is no longer enjoyable at a certain price bracket. I think Disney expects this and wants this.
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

I am on a similar boat as you this year, although I used to get passes every other year. It is quite unfortunate that passes have reached a ridiculous price in such a quick jump. I do not know how much longer Disney will be able to pull this off until attendence begins to suffer. Not that I have a problem with lower attendence, but it could potentially be a problem for Disneyland's profits.
    Last edited by frollofan; 11-20-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Everyone ultimately decides if the value they receive exceeds the cost of the pass. The price increase was large but a billion dollar investment has to start being repaid.
    The Mur

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    This Monday, as in yesterday, A MONDAY, DL hit it's biggest crowd to date since the CL opening (according to Al). So yeah, I get what the OP is saying, but at the same time, I am blown away at the popularity of the whole resort.

Not to sound crass, but I am pretty sure that Disney is relying on ppl like the OP to just give up. They aren't trying to *only* reduce the # of APs, they are trying to reduce the #s of all types of entry into the parks. With demand that high, can you blame them? Profits aside, DL was never intended to host the numbers we are seeing in the past 10 years. The old infrastructure is a major concern to TDA.
    Instead of just raising the prices, they should've gotten rid of the payment plan. A LOT more people got passes when they introduced that.

But of course, getting rid of the payment plan would decrease their bottom line.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post

This week isn't the best example as a lot of schools are out and it's a holiday. I was there a week ago Monday and it was nice and light. I just think it depends on when you go for the lines but Tuesdays have always served me well in non-holiday conditions. As far as the pass goes it's a good value if you go a lot and buy a lot of merchandise which I do. On the new pass price I have been 10 times so I am already under the park hopper price average and i will be going a lot more.

I agree that the prices are getting a little too high, but as far as being along time member and wanting a discount isn't a fair question to ask. My parents and I have been shopping at Costco for over 12 years and I wouldn't dare ask them for a discount or something free. This type of thing comes up a lot at cell phone companies. People want a "free" phone just because they've been with a cell phone company for so long (i.e. Sprint). It just doesn't work that way. Hate to see a fellow APer go though.

As a person who visits once in a year, this post seems quite weird to me. Just read it through the eyes of a non-APer. You'll understand what I'm talking about.

I've never had an annual pass and I go to Disney at most once a year. I've been fine and you'll be fine too.

Remember, they do take your money because you were the one giving it to them. Disney provided a service in exchange for your money. I don't understand why they would give anyone incentives for being a long-time annual passholder. Every person has been paying to go to Disneyland.
    Last edited by Disneytwins; 11-20-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast