• former CM

Golden Horseshoe to start in Jan. (in six weeks?) according to Farley

At Disneyland today I was talking with Farley the Fiddler who said that he thinks that Disneyland is going to kick off 2013 by having the Golden Horseshoe Review performing in JANUARY. He also said Disney is aware that the demand to see this might be so great that they know they might have to extend this beyond a month.

I hope that if any of you strike up conversations with a certain Billy Hill or talk to other entertainment connections, that you'll fill us in with what you hear about this.

If/when it's announced, I'll start a thread so we Micechatters can pick a four to six shows where we can try to get in line very early and be among fellow (former & future) Golden Horseshoe fans. I am going to spend money on whatever food is sold in the theater just as a way of thanking Disney for doing this and as a way of voting for a very long run.

In other Disneyland music news sorry. . . we LOVED the Buena Vista Street Community Bell Ringers! The only thing I don't like about them is their misleading name. They do ring bells, but this group is primarily a wonderful group of carolers. Hearing and seeing their performance was the highlight of our long Disneyland/DCA visit today. Their 1920s costumes look great, and they seem sincerely eager to spread holiday cheer. They performed one of the most beautiful Christmas songs I've ever heard, and I HAD NEVER HEARD IT BEFORE. I've been in many choirs and have many Christmas albums, so congrats to them for letting me hear something new (to me) and excellent!

Even more , in this coming year of "
    Limited Magic," I hope the limitations still embrace showing restored prints of two 360 Circlevision films "America the Beautiful" and "Magic Carpet 'Round the World."

• former CM

Re: Golden Horseshoe to start in Jan. (in six weeks?) according to Farley

I'm surprised that no one has responded to this in nine hours.

How about:

I'll believe it when it's official.

I'll believe it when Al Lutz reports it.

I don't believe it.

If this is true, it's great news! I can't wait!

Aren't you the guy who claimed to be dressed as a sand-witch waiting in line for a week to buy the first Earl of Sandwich sandwich? No offense, but your credibility merits our ignoring you.

Isn't the Golden Horseshoe the bar without alcohol that Billy Hill used to headline? I'm confused.

Farley the Fiddler told me to buy real estate in 2006.

Don't mean to be a downer, but couldn't Farley get into trouble if Disney reads this thread?
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinrar View Post
    Don't mean to be a downer, but couldn't Farley get into trouble if Disney reads this thread?
    In trouble? This info has been posted on other boards. Seems like dates have even been mentioned and unfortunately I don't remember the exact ones, but the GH Revue is starting back up on something like Jan 6. If I get a chance I'll dig for the exact dates.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Sorry I thought the revue was going to happen later in the year and that he would get in trouble for spilling the beans on an altered date.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Rock Star Minion

I think we were all asleep between 12:30AM and about 7ish this morning. Sorry if I do not sleep-post anymore. New medication.

What is going on at The Golden Horseshoe over the Holidays? Shirley, it can't be dark.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I think we were all asleep between 12:30AM and about 7ish this morning. Sorry if I do not sleep-post anymore. New medication.

What is going on at The Golden Horseshoe over the Holidays? Shirley, it can't be dark.
    I'm not Shirley haha but as far as I know, it will be the same Laughing Stock shows. Just because I haven't heard anything different.

• Musical Fireman

Farley told me to buy real estate in 2006

Seriously I'm pumped for it, I'm pretty sure if the Revue is successful it will go over the holidays.

COME ON ALL LETS GIVE A YIPPE YI OHH FOR THE TOUGHEST CRITTER WEST OF THE ALAMO!!!

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Nic

YES!

I'd be eternally grateful to Disney if they started the Revue the first week of January.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Why is this only scheduled for a month? Is it part of the limited time magic promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    Why is this only scheduled for a month? Is it part of the limited time magic promotion?

Yes its part of the Limited Time Magic. I know I read dates somewhere but still can't find it. Jan 6 sticks in my head because now I'm trying like crazy to get back to the parks while the show is on schedule. I'll keep looking when I have time.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    YES!

I'd be eternally grateful to Disney if they started the Revue the first week of January.
    I hope it occurs before August since our APs expire near the end of July of 2013. Actually, the earlier in 2013 the better since popular demand might inspire them to keep it. Removing it was one of the most annoying things Michael Eisner ever did, from my POV. I just hope they don't make it merely a nostalgia show.

If restored Circlevision films (like "America the Beautiful" and "Magic Carpet 'Round the World") return in August or later, I'll feel a bit unlucky, but it wouldn't entice me to renew our APs. We'll probably get APs once more when my daughter is about 10.

• Musical Fireman

Disney likes t play us for fools sometimes, like when DCA first opened they thought anything with something merely bearing the Disney name would be a smash hit and they now right up that we are their harshest critics. If we don't like the show we would likley wind up passing bad word of mouth about the rest of promotion to other guests. All things considered I don't know how they can make it a "nostalgia" show without performing the entire show?

You must have your heart dedicated to the return of the Circlevision movies, they blew my mind when I saw them for the first rime at EPCOT CENTER. I even felt ill afterwards.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
    Yes its part of the Limited Time Magic. I know I read dates somewhere but still can't find it. Jan 6 sticks in my head because now I'm trying like crazy to get back to the parks while the show is on schedule. I'll keep looking when I have time.
    That's pretty exciting! I didn't notice that it was a month until I reread the original announcement just now. I had mistakenly thought each promotion was 1 week only. I'm liking that this is a month.

---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 07:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post

If restored Circlevision films (like "America the Beautiful" and "Magic Carpet 'Round the World") return in August or later, I'll feel a bit unlucky, but it wouldn't entice me to renew our APs. We'll probably get APs once more when my daughter is about 10.
    Where do you think they could show them? The only location I could come up with is the old Millionaire building, although I haven't been inside in years so I can't remember if it would be big enough. I guess the Festival Arena at night is another possibility although the railroad does run right by it. I'd be so jealous if they end up doing this at Epcot only.