Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• formerly very helpful

Re: Pirate island is great

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    You're missing my point. POTC isn't "in" NOS, and therefore there's no thematic violation of either attraction. TSI is in the middle of Frontierland, so having 17th century swashbuckling Caribbean pirates on the banks of an island in the middle of a western "river" circa the mid 19th century is a thematic violation of the first order.
    You're right, I guess I did miss your point. I also agree, however, as much as this seems like a contradiciton, for some reason, it doesn't seem to encroach into the surrounding area, imho. Perhaps, since like Fowler's Harbor (New England) it represents an era of history that could be contemporary-ish with the surrounding area? Perhaps since from the mainland, you can't really see the piraty theme so much? I don't know.
    Just how I feel about it. Not wanting to get into a debate, since your views are 100% as valid as mine. Just how I see it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Did I just read a teenager's Myspace post?
    Yes you did, as did I. ....and I think they call it Facebook nowadays, something like that.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    You're missing my point. POTC isn't "in" NOS, and therefore there's no thematic violation of either attraction. TSI is in the middle of Frontierland, so having 17th century swashbuckling Caribbean pirates on the banks of an island in the middle of a western "river" circa the mid 19th century is a thematic violation of the first order.
    Actually, the entrance to the amusement park attraction known as Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island is in Frontierland. Thematically, PL begins in the heart of the frontier, but then transports us hundreds of miles away to somewhere pirates are more relevant. Thematically, PL is nowhere near FL.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    Did I just read a teenager's Myspace post?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Actually, the entrance to the amusement park attraction known as Pirates Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island is in Frontierland. Thematically, PL begins in the heart of the frontier, but then transports us hundreds of miles away to somewhere pirates are more relevant. Thematically, PL is nowhere near FL.
    Trying to be cute does nothing to alter the fact that Pirate's Lair is a thematic nightmare that would never have even been considered back when Imagineers understood cohesive theming, and when accountants weren't involved in the creative process.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12