Surprise Trip - Two or Three Days

My wife and I are surprising our kids with a trip to Disneyland. We leave Saturday and will drive back to Phoenix Tuesday morning. Given my work schedule and other commitments, these dates are not flexible. Cover for the trip is an excursion for Daddy to the USS Iowa and the Patton Museum.

My initial plan was to drive out on Saturday and go to the parks the next two days - Sunday and Monday. Looking at the weather for Saturday, it looks like a 40% chance of rain. Sunny and clear for Sunday and Monday.

While I accept that the crowds are what the crowds are, will rain, or even the chance of rain, keep people out of the park on Saturday and drive more people to the park on Sunday? If so, I'd consider leaving Phoenix earlier on Saturday and going to park that day to take advantage of lower crowds and "average out" any increased crowd the next day.

As I'm sure some here have experienced the 2012 Holiday crowds, I'd appreciate some thoughts in this area.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Surprise Trip - Two or Three Days

Quote Originally Posted by M82A1A View Post
    While I accept that the crowds are what the crowds are, will rain, or even the chance of rain, keep people out of the park on Saturday and drive more people to the park on Sunday?
    Something like that could happen.

1)If it's raining in the morning, especially at local's homes, they will stay away. It takes widespread and continuous rain to keep people home 2)If it isn't raining until later they may go if then leave if the rain is heavy and lasts for a little while.

With 1, they are likely to come Sunday instead. With 2 Sunday will be normal.

When you are talking about 40% it's more likely to not even matter.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

We brought our own ponchos when we knew it was going to rain. Had a great time and the Park looks so different. There were a lot less people for us.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

I went recently and it was raining. It was cloudy and it drizzled every once in a while, nothing too bad until it started pouring in the evening, although that only lasted half an hour (I'm guessing). While it was cloudy/drizzling I did notice that not as many people were there as a sunny day, but it was still pretty crowded! When it poured I was on the porch of HMH and then I was inside so I really didn't get wet at all. When I came out there were significantly less people, but it wasn't too empty.